Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Taintrunner posted:

People liked AOC because she said she would fight for the needs of working people, and now she's explicitly wasting multiple days making excuses for why she doesn't have to.

Getting a vote that fails in 15 mins with a ton of D's voting against it and then the media dunking on M4A as so extreme that even many D's are against it, isn't a fight that you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Or they just have way less power than people like Jimmy Dore thinks they do. AOC is clearly hated by the vast majority of the caucus. I also think they should vote against Pelosi just for the sake of voting against her but I don't think they are traitors and i'm going to say gently caress them the way Dore does.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Dec 18, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Bad Faith definitely pulls bigger guests than Chapo. Zizek has been on Chapo before though.

I've yet to hear an actually interesting interview on either podcast.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Oh I normally skip most Chapo interviews. I haven't listened to the most recent Zizek , but I plan to because slobby white guys are the one type of guest that really fits with the dry boys.

I tried to listen to the Bad Faith with Ice Cube, but it was boring.

I can't remember a time they even challenged anyone or were adversarial during an interview. They are all just boring.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

felix vs david cross

What episode? I didn't hear it. Is it worth going back and listening to?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Xaris posted:

no it was really loving bad and awkward. matt's even talked about a few times on his cushvlogs and that's the reason they don't really get adversarial with guests or anything, it wasn't fun for anyone (not the hosts, not the guests, and not the listners) and if they aren't having fun then what's the point.

I listened to a 5 min clip of them arguing about Louis Farrakhan and Felix couldn't have been more right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vaush is the guy who made me offically hate debatelords.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Podcasts added people to the left too...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That whole group of guys Levine, Taibbi, Ames, Blumenthal actually do alot of good work and also really stupid and bad opinions from time to time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/GeoffMiami/status/1342175186200784904

My political prediction is that Jimmy Dore endorses Josh Hawley in 2024.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

T-man posted:

podcast thread keeps podcast threading, excellent

i think bernie running in the 90s would have worked

No way. He would've never been able to raise all that small dollar donor money in the 90s.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Christman's take is that this is different segments of lefty media personalities finding their audience lanes is the correct take.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Varinn posted:

wasnt jimmy dore a huge tulsi gabbard guy lmao

Yes. He sucks and is bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

we have all been horny from time to time so it's forgivable

Yeah, she's only ugly on the inside....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dore stopped mentioning Gabbard and having her on his show after mid-March

She didn't just become a piece of poo poo in mid march LOL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Sanders also didn't start being a booster for the establishment in April. What's your point?

Wanna compare their record's in public life?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol that you don't already have mcmagic on ignore

lol tho

lol ignore is for cowards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

If you believe that the Republicans will sweep the midterms in 2022, then why do you want AOC to lay the groundwork for primary challenges now? If it's successful and we get a bunch of better Dem candidates in 2022, wouldn't that backfire spectacularly when they get trounced by Republicans in the general?

If D's get destroyed in 2022, most of the people who will lose are the rightmost people in the caucus. That is what happened in 2010 and 2014. Even if AOC and Justice Dems is replacing just poo poo D's in deep blue districts with slightly better people who would be new squad members, they would have more power in a smaller caucus. There is really no reason not to primary literally any member.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

That (WW84 spoilers if you give a poo poo) the message of the film essentially being "better things aren't possible, everyone needs to say that they are sorry for wanting some material improvement in their lives and then to get back to work" was a major :crackping: moment for me

It also has a little light IDF propaganda thrown in for good measaure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nothus posted:

loving lol at Taibbi having some right wing crank NYU professor on Useful Idiots to whine about cancel culture.

For like an hour and a half too. What a waste.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I think Katie Halper's heart is in the right place and I like her. I don't think she's super smart though. She seems to agree with everyone she has on no matter what dumb poo poo they say.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Anyone as old as me remember when Glenn was running around the daily beast writing about what an awesome decision Citizen United was? He's always been like 50% good, 50% poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Glenn is actually 75% poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

krystal ball has always sucked and I really wish leftists would stop giving Marianne Williamson the time of day

+2

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Krystal Ball spends her time sitting next to literally a fascist and talking about how much she has in common with Josh Hawley and Tucker Carlson. She's bad. And Marianne Williamson is not a serious person to have on your podcast even if she agrees with you on some stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

He deleted his account! The coward!

A podcaster tweeted a very long story about his daughter asking him to make her some food, but he was busy with a puzzle so he told her to make it herself. When she came back with a can of beans and asked how to open it, he refused to tell her. He then said nobody in the house could eat until she figured out how to use a can opener. And then spent six hours watching her fail to open the can. Even when she figured out how to use the opener correctly, apparently it was a lovely can opener and didn't puncture the can on the first go so it didn't work, he still refused to explain.

How old was the daughter?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Panzeh posted:

Taibbi's shtick where he writes "i have no political opinions, i'm just laughing at it all" is insanely tiring and absolute tripe.

Taibbi published poo poo a while ago that was highly misogynist and lovely and is written in a manner that implies it's based on real stuff that happened. Apparently that stuff didn't really happen and he's very mad at people being mad at him for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I was hoping she was like 3, but yeah, he's a shithead.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Post the Michael Jackson Hitler thing. I must have missed that and it sounds hilarious. Taibbi is such a dork.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

You mean the Exile stuff?

Yeah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mistermojo posted:

its crazy to think about how many podcasts and podcast hosts there are out there

And Marianne Williamson is on all of them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

That was him and Mark Ames writing fiction from the perspective of the vultures that descended on Russia in the early 90s. Libs pounced on it and decided to treat those words as a factual account of their time at the Exile.

They've specifically said "this is satire". There was even an article a couple of years ago where someone got in contact with the women working at the Exile at the time who all said "no they were fine to work with, it was clearly satire".

Believe me when I say that I'm not trying to be a dick about this, and I give no fucks about Matt Taibbi, but "Matt Taibbi and Mark Ames raped women when they were in Russia" is liberals being deliberately disingenuous and claiming that poorly dated satirical writings as a literal account of reality.

And you know, given that I'm English and lived through the Corbyn years, I'm very aware of libs being disingenuous about all kinds of shite they pretend to care about.

Yeah it's clear that stuff is satire but I was just saying that it seems like him being attacked over that has kind of pushed him overboard in the other direction where he's now always whining about cancel culture.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nothus posted:

Taibbi's always had a careerist streak to him, and I think the latest round of canceling that ruined sales of his Eric Garner book and dogged his coverage of Russiagate finally made him realize that he will never be part of the elite media in-crowd. He's slipping into the dark-side of the intellectual dork-web as a result.

Meanwhile Ames and Dolan never gave a poo poo because they're comfortable with their lots as a poo poo-stirring outcasts. Maybe it's a California thing.

He also had a pretty good podcast with Alex Perrene (it was good mostly because of Perrene) that he had to end because of that whole controversy around those articles so he really did suffer professional harm that he clearly shouldn't have.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I was thinking about getting into the Majority Report but really, an interview with a Lincoln Project guy?

It was better when Michael Brooks was there. It's not as left now but I still like Sam and feel like he's right more than he's wrong.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

New first couple of podcasts?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1347371327229984768

What a dork.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Listening to the part of the recent Chapo episode where they mentioned Anderson Cooper being an elitist piece of poo poo reminded me of one of the stranger liberal tendencies - normie liberals who aren't remotely well-off but are still elitist. So many working class liberals who also consume normie media and eat at normie restaurants, yet are still super elitist about stuff like Olive Garden or a certain subset of reality TV shows. It's like some sort of bizarre aspirational elitism. Like the liberal version of poor chuds who admire Trump.

Trump hates his hogs just as much as Anderson Cooper does.

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1347968775941976067

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dan Carlin put out a Common Sense and it's always funny what a baby brain he is when it comes to politics with how good his history stuff is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Supernova in the East buys into a lot of racist tropes and old scholarship and he used Niall Ferguson as a source in his WWI series

I did listen to the WWI series and I didn't notice any right wing framing but I didn't know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no lefty podcast Zizek will not go on. Find yourself someone who loves you as much as Zizek loves going on poscasts.