Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

not a bot posted:

Playing blue lions, Mercedes has constantly the shittiest opinions and I'm amazed they've managed to create a character I actively dislike. Too bad she's a great mage.

i'm sorry please do not talk about my lovely helium-voiced friend like that, she just wants to make sure you don't burn out by doing too much.

also i think i sort of stumbled backwards into one of the few same-sex relationships in the game, i just wanted dorothea because she's a cool girl opera singer and her C support already has me (jokingly?) declaring that i'll take care of her for the rest of her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god sylvain is the worst

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i just talked to Dorothea in the monastery and she was all "i heard you got caught up in the fighting, i'm so glad you're alright"

bitch you were my battle assistant what do you mean "i heard" you were there

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i found a list of who likes what flower, but they dunno who likes the Daffodil, does anyone here have any idea?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

rannum posted:

i dont know if the monthly dialog changes between routes but on BE Felix is just constantly going "gently caress that lovely boar prince"

like chill my dude, even hubert isn't that bad and he's actively threatened assassination against me multiple times

oh man if you think that's bad just wait until you see Dedue and Felix's

Felix literally starts out with "Hello dog" with the most disdain dripping from his gross loving face

edit: Felix is the absolute worst my god

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 28, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Endorph posted:

Honestly I like it because it feels like it's actually a written part of the religion. All the characters who are super religious are pretty callous about death, it feels like an actual worldbuilding detail and not something that's meant to be some kind of dark secret. Which is kind of how violent religions in the real world actually operated. The crusades were celebrated, not hidden away.

for real, (early Blue Lions path spoilers, maybe like chapter 5?) having literally the nicest human being in the entire game, Mercedes, all of a sudden go "well if they didn't want to be slaughtered they wouldn't have rebelled against the church" was a real holy poo poo moment, but it's a very apt depiction of someone who is really nice and kind but also grew up in a church that leads them to say poo poo like "oh all gay people are going to hell" with a smile on their face.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

abraham linksys posted:

i have bought the fire emblem and any time i am tempted to quit playing in frustration i will come in to this thread and complain about it instead, please look forward to it

(the last tactics rpg i managed to get into was final fantasy tactics advance, when it came out, for the record :v:)

well lucky you, this isn't a tactics RPG, this is a magical anime high school game with a few tactics mini games

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

guys the blue lions are going to solve discrimination forever

edit: except felix

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

Sylvain's ceaseless boner is something to witness in supports :allears:

first he tries to get Byleth back to his room and then Ingrid calls him out in front of everyone, I love this kid

he is a ceaseless horndog but my initial read of "sylvain is the worst" was quickly upended by "felix is the worst". Sylvain's gimmick is annoying but some of his early supports show that he's a good guy underneath, he's just a spoiled rich kid who's never really had to work, but he treats Dedue with respect which is more than I can say of Ingrid. (although there was a scene where my Blue Lions were talking after Flayne gets kidnapped where after both Sylvain and Felix said dumb poo poo that audibly made me groan, and both times Ingrid called them out on their poo poo right after and I remembered why I like her.)

Seriously i like how accurate a lot of these characters are. They're (for the most part) a bunch of spoiled rich/powerful teenagers who sometimes are good, sometimes are bad, but always are sheltered. (except my queen Dorothea who sees through all of their poo poo and is just a cool singing girl who wants to secure a bag, which I respect)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

nothing like fishing 50 times to squeak in one more professor level boost before the Big Game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

man i really want to snatch Hilda from her home team because she and Sylvain are made for each other.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

you know people kept talking about recruiting non-students and i thought it was weird and wondered "man how are they gonna swing Alois and Shamir and them joining a house?"

i guess it's just "i can help you whenever, sure, yeah" which is a less thrilling concept than actively stealing them out from under someone else. Although it makes sense why the limits for them are a little lower.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eimi posted:

I do want to get her because I can just imagine the carnage her and Edelgard would carve up side by side, and what with Caspar being mediocre in my run, but her recruitment window is crazy specific and as Black Eagles you can't give gifts or lost items to her so you need to spam luncheon her to get support points to hopefully hit that window. (None of which I have been doing.)

has her short recruitment window been confirmed? I feel like I've seen that multiple places but it's all just speculation. i know people originally thought that she was unrecruitable like Dedue and Hubert but i've given her enough hair clips and choir practices to know that it's possible to recruit her.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

wait i'm pretty sure F!Byleth can get with Dorothea

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh yeah that's real dumb

but also maybe Manuela/Dorothea is secretly an All About Eve situation

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's because she's well written and charming.

and is also wearing a dress that may or may not actually be possible in the real world

edit: though it is a testament to the writing that i no longer go "lady put your tits away you are a teacher" like i did the first time she showed up.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

rannum posted:

It's the voice acting, it's a really good performance

she reminded me a lot of Misato from Eva because i've been watching that show and the vibes are similar

it also helped when Caspar was literally Kensuke from the new dub

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it is really adorable how all of the blue lions desperately beg me not to pick them when i come around asking about the dance competition. bunch of clumsy fuckers we are

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Hilda is the queen of getting other people to do her poo poo for her and it's pretty wonderful

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"i am absolutely disinterested in spending any time with you"

fuckin' tell him Lysithea.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

so level ups are not changeable with a soft reset, but tea parties and certification trials are changeable

does anyone know if Faculty Training can be changed if you keep at it? I'm short just enough gaining a level in riding that getting one "great" instead of "good" would probably push me over, should i keep at it or just give up and keep going?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

counterpoint: you should play blue lions because Blue Lions rule

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Arkeus posted:

They have some difficult background, but they weren't traumatised by it. Also, their background tend to be much more mellow than the other classes, with the exception maybe of Raphael.

"Trauma into steely resolve" is Edelgard, really. Golden Deer is "Optimist outlook".

and Blue Lions is "dead family members".

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dorothea is my bae and there have been a couple times that I thought that there was some special dialogue in the monestary every mother for whatever character has highest support, because she said some girlfriend-rear end poo poo a couple different times.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Fojar38 posted:

Perfect teatime but you need a guide half the time with how vague the questions and answers are

you just always select "Cats" if it's an option, and if they don't respond to it you kick them out of your house because you don't need that kind of negativity

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The time jump is a really cool story device and i understand how hard it must be to write dialogue that can be used at two different points, that far apart, but it is absolutely loving hilarious to watch Byleth and Cyril have a conversation about cleaning the litter in the sanctuary in front of a giant pile of rubble and dirt

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol i just had what i think is a huge story revelation in the middle of a C support for a character that isn't even normally in my house.

of course i could be wrong, but still someone answer this for me, yes/no with absolutely no explanation:

I figure Flayn is probably a dragon like Rhea (it's the hair), but is she literally just one of the four saints, who has been alive for thousands of years?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blue Lions, post-timeskip, chapter 16

ahhhhh what the gently caress are you doing letting that girl into our loving monastary you should have loving stabbed her the second she walked up and was shocked by Captain Bummer and his Eyepatch.

Also I'm very glad Dedue is back, i honestly had kinda given up on ever seeing him again. Dedue is a good De-dude.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i have to imagine that all of the C supports with Cyril are like, actual conversations that kids adopted from some foreign (read: non-white) place have had with ignorant white people in the past, they're just so uncomfortable.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i feel like the writers who came up with the tragic back stories for the Blue Lions just kept topping each other.

"Well one should probably have a father who left."

"And one should have a father who repeatedly attempts to force them into a marriage to raise his status"

"not just one though!"

"Oh most def. I think one should have a father who loved his brother more, and then his brother dies and their relationship is real bad."

"Oh yeah, well i think one should have a father who you're forced to kill because he betrays the church"

"Oh of course. i think one should have a brother who you're forced to kill as a giant monster because he resented that their father hated him"

"Oh yeah, well i think one should have their entire family get slaughtered right in front of them!"

"And that guy's brother should be another one's fiancee!!"

"Oh yeah??!?! well i think one should have their entire race completely genocided out of existence!!!!!!"

"woah"

i would hate to be the staff therapist for these devs. So many dead fathers and brothers

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’m starting to turn into an anime fan because of this game, I keep looking at fan art and searching for Blue Lions on Twitter and soon I’m gonna be talking about my wife-u or whatever and I’m scared but I also love it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

yep it's happened I'm full animu now. although i will not be using "waifu" because i've been calling Dorothea "bae" for my whole first run, so we're sticking with that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

jesus i just saw the picture you get when you S-Rank Hilda and it's just as bad as the Dorothea one. Why do they insist on having "oh let me stick out my tits as far as the artist will allow" pictures for such a sweet moment

...oh my god what does manuela's look like? :gonk:

edit: i've been browsing the Fire Emblem reddit for the last couple of weeks because i'm fully broken as a human being and occasionally you get some very interesting insights into the story (someone pointed out that Dmitri seems to have a diminished sense of taste as a result of the massacre and his PTSD/Anxiety that resulted from it, which is why Dedue and Annette can't find out his favorite foods, and why whenever he compliments a meal it's always about how it was his favorite when he was a kid) and sometimes...

(that's it, that's the whole post)

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 14, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Your Computer posted:

yeah, that's definitely part of it

I've mentioned it several times but one of my favorites is with Mercedes, who right off the bat flexes her powerful mom energy* and then the whole support chain turns into one long therapy session ending with him opening up and crying :unsmith:

i paired the two of them off together after initially planning on something else because of that A support. Mercedes is very clearly not looking for a man to give her "crest babies" (ew) and breaks through Sylvain's defenses enough to get him to be completely sincere enough even to openly cry in front of her, and Sylvain is a good guy when it comes to how he treats his friends that he'd probably be a very good partner for someone who doesn't get jealous.

I also paired Annette and Dedue together because of all of the "oh man i don't know how to cook please teach me, Scary Cooking Knight" supports that Dedue gets (seriously, Ashe, Anette, Sylvain and Flayn all attempt to learn to cook from Dedue), Annette's was easily the best, and the two seem like they would have the best "we have separate jobs and friends and lives but also co-exist perfectly with each other" relationship which was basically exactly what their ending was!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

someone on reddit drew this thing, it's very good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Blaziken386 posted:

I know this is from a ways back, but I just saw the Caspar/Hilda A rank. It's probably the most suggestive one, (she's basically propositioning him) but like other shounen protagonists before him, he is denser than lead.

i thought this was an exaggeration but nope, she's just like "hey wanna come up to my room" and he's just like "uh, what?"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Zore posted:

Byleth doesn't understand the concept of religion when they first come to the monestary.

Jeralt was an incredibly bad dad in a lot of ways.

Uh i think that means he was an excellent dad

/end r/atheism

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

what if hilda but hyper violent 1990s manga character?

for those who are not aware, that fan-lookin' thing is actually her crest weapon, a big weird-rear end axe

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Andrast posted:

I'd probably end up in 9 tbh

it's definitely the nerd table

yeah i'm pretty sure if you shoved table 8 and 9 together you'd get roughly my friend-group in high school. bunch of nerds and shut-ins.

table 10 is absolutely all the kids i did theater with though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Felix probably has the best supports of any character, between cake testing with Lysithea, song-writing with Annette, and fruit-carving with Flayn.