Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I saw there's an autobattle option; would that handle turns where the only course of action that makes sense is to charge ahead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Well for Golden Deer Lysithea is the first to mention them as “those strange mages”, for obvious reasons, upon first sighting them in the Great Gronder battle

They’re only formally referred to as TWSITD after Hubert’s letter and also as Shambhala loyalists or Agarthans in the final two maps

e: now that I’m in chapter 16 of Blue Lions I get the sense that almost everyone I have on my roster poached from other houses is gonna say the same things as they did for Golden Deer, aside from maybe Marianne mentioning her adoptive father telling her to promote her house to the Kingdom

The Deer say it mostly in parody at first, seemingly, until it catches on somewhat and everybody begins using more serious tones with it for lack of other name.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I used Ashe so little the game power leveled him to 20 in the timeskip so he could do something

I didn't give him anything but an iron axe though before so he didn't anyway :v:

Ashe is such a fucker though so don't count on him :mad: I'm not sure if I did something wrong but I recruited him right before the time skip and he was missing from my team and fought me anyhow

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

"yo I'm actually alive, get your rear end over here idiot"

Are you kidding, because I purposely didn't attack, hoping for a recruiting event after the battle :saddowns:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Kiranamos posted:

Ferdinand has failed this 49% master class for the entire month. I need to post this so the universe can make it happen.

I was told that if you do not change the percentage, it will automatically fail successive attempts; this seemed to hold true in my playthrough.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Andrast posted:

who cares

Claude

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

nrook posted:

Although I guess that means Leicester must be Power Rangers land or something, given how they decided to style themselves...

It is exactly that awesome

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Hilda's voice sucks and Marriane is just Bernie but not funny. :colbert:

She's not "unfunny Bernie" she's just seriously depressed and unable to form relationships. The local healthcare system is unequipped for this.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Edelgard is the boar-hunting-uav princess

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Fishing is a free action and earns professor points

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Beast stones are similarly dated, and you should instead choose to transform or not from a menu the way cavalry dismount or not

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Maybe it's all in my head but the game seems to run a lot smoother after the update

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

They explain the former, which actually tied into a map you've already seen and a bit of the local legends. You need to read into the context a little to realize the dubstep comes from the dubstep wizards.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Like Clockwork posted:

There's also some books in the abyss that heavily imply that Fódlan is an alt-earth that was colonized by dragon aliens before the slitherers decided to use wizard nukes to get rid of them.

Y'know. Normal fantasy things!

They also tried to wizard nuke NORAD Garreg Mach central, but it had a defense system installed so the attack failed and it's why they never try that during the game's events. The other fortress doesn't have that and as such gets wrecked.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Inu posted:

I thought as much, especially from her highest support conversation with Ignatz, but it was weird that it was never explicitly spelled out for me. I don't think I ever got her support to A with Seteth though, ironically, so maybe that's why I missed it.

Take her to some of the paralogue fights against the biggest creatures for some fun

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

galagazombie posted:

It's been more than two decades and we still don't have a "Restart Map" option on the menu. I'll eat my hat if they give us a built-in official randomizer.

Restarting the map is incorporated as part of the rewind mechanic

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I presume a lot of people haven't done all the routes or dlc though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Plot and campaigns could've been made more interesting by the introduction of a "you're at camp" modality instead of always necessitating a return to the monastery, considering that most key actions are available from the pre-mission menu anyhow.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

McTimmy posted:

Catherine's also got color, though that's probably just a tan rather than ethnicity.

I always took that to contrast with the nobles and academics and others holed up in forts and civilization. Catherine goes out and campaigns and does poo poo, so she's got that different look and air.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

eating only apples posted:

It's a crime that we never get to see Holst, and definitely he also has pink hair and probably a pink beard too, and is burly as gently caress

That's my character in Daemon X Machina

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yup, that's Blue Lions. Captured perfectly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

My take was that Agarthan stuff was basically irreplaceable in many aspects. So they were making it by with the leftovers, saving up for the right moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

eating only apples posted:

I'm back on this again. Can someone please tell me what I was planning with Ferdinand. This is my fifth run so I'm not taking it seriously but I clearly had plans and haven't played in months. He's mastered Brigand, is level 20, has clearly been working on sword, riding and faith. Was I going for trickster? I thought so but then discovered that Petra is close to that, already has Thief and everything. Everyone else I can figure out (Valkyrie Lysithea is a monster).

e: he already has lance C! Was it Holy Knight? why the hell does he have sword goals then?

I resumed my late game blue lions run yesterday and have no idea what the gently caress I was thinking for anybody, except I left the save after taking/failing 30% chance certifications on several people as a note to myself