Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

cakesmith handyman posted:

I say pay it off then use the payment money to buy a project but I'm Mr boring and sensible.

Same but instead of a project buy a kei truck and a diesel manual transmission Land Cruiser instead :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Powershift posted:

This is the worst idea anybody has ever had ever.

In other news, WITNESS ME, WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG WINDBAG

:colbert:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
welp

Do you think they'll allow me to post in the Hot Hatch thread?

EDIT

I also bought this but eh

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Jealous Cow posted:

I recently moved to Austin and got rid of my fancy only-had-it-for-poo poo-winters SUV and I want to get an old topless SUV to cruise around with my dog.

But the loving boomers have ruined that, too.

https://www.gatewaybronco.com/inventory-models

Because of fucks like this everyone thinks their rusted out rattle can bronco, 90, or FJ are worth 50k.

loving assholes.

Between them and EAG all my fun car dreams are loving overinflated nightmares.

All these retstomod ones look the same and a majority of them cut the fenders so they can gently caress right off imho.

There was a guy on Jay Leno's Garage that had an all original 70s one and it was real pretty.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Geoj posted:

I'd rather have multiple smaller FHD displays than one big one. More usable desktop real estate and icons and text won't be loving massive on the screen.

I've got one 3400x1440 21:9 ultrawide in the center, and two 27 inch flanking it, one on the left being in portrait mode. Being able to have so much screen is a boon to any activity you can imagine and I'll be hard pressed to give it up.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I mean this is *kind* of related to drunk as in someone probably was a little sloshed coming up with it

TWIN V CARB goddamn I love this thing, everything about it but especially those factory alloys!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Powershift posted:

They all suck. hth

Also, buy an AMC Eagle

:hmmyes:

Just get another xB, the devil you know.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tremek posted:

Floor chat: we had composite fake wood at our previous house that was decent but not as robust as the full “luxury” vinyl (fully vinyl plank - no wood to absorb moisture, warp, etc) that we put in our now-needs-rebuilt house. We used the Lifeproof brand from Home Depot and it’s put up with 3 little boys, 2 big dogs, and 2 cats with very little wear. Will probably use the same stuff again once what we have gets pulled out of the house during the rebuild.

We went with the vinyl 'Free Fit' flooring and that was complete and utter garbage. Warped a couple years in, domed and did everything it was never supposed to do. Just a complete and utter waste of time. We just ate the cost and put straight up tile throughout our house, plank-style tiles of course, but yeah this poo poo will not warp no matter what. If you guys are going to do flooring don't compromise because it sucks terribly to have to do your entire floor twice in 6 years :negative:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

What is the free fit flooring? Never heard of it. We have been considering doing our entire house with vinyl I want to make sure we get it right. Kinda weird that vinyl would warp, that's what real wood would do and i thought the whole point of going vinyl was to avoid that.

This stuff. They come in plank sizes just like wood, you late them flat and that's pretty much it. Didn't matter though, because each plank started to warp and curl in on itself so suddenly the nice fit that it had is much less because each plank is slightly smaller than what it was originally. When it was brand new though it was great, soft and warm to the touch in a pleasant way.
Now that we just went true Florida and put down actual tile it is far better, especially because in the summer heat the interior floor stays cool.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Meanwhile they're going to sell a $65k Camaro?

Camaro is dead

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Can you not poo poo at your house when the power is out?

Well and septic make that difficult as your primary tank loses power. That would be my guess.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

the spyder posted:

Anyone have experience with a Lexus CT200H? I'm looking at commuter replacements for a 50mile round trip drive and I'm amazed that a 6yr old, 80K mile one is $12k. It's double the gas mileage of my Miata and fits all my basic needs.

It's essentially a Lexus Prius, as a commuter the thing should be dead reliable but a bit more comfortable. I really don't think you can go wrong with it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Residency Evil posted:

So this: https://jalopnik.com/at-2-900-is-this-2004-land-rover-discovery-an-amazing-1836578260

Has got me thinking. Are these really that bad? Should I just get a Land Cruiser/GX/LX if I want a mid 2000s SUV that says notspeed and class?

Yes they are that bad and no, you can't go wrong with a Land Cruiser/GX/LX.

Ferremit posted:

Like that?

Yes. Yes they are. That a vehicle with designers that instead of retooling the engine to metric, created loving bolts that are METRIC on the heads, and IMPERIAL on the threads.

Just buy the toyota and run it into the ground. There are guys over here in Aus (Where poo poo doesnt rust) with 6-700k km old (375K-430K mi) old 100 series that are still going strong. There was a guy not long ago with a 4.7L tundra who put a million miles on the engine and it was better than the ones that left the factory!

I'll see them at auction in Japan with 400-500k km on them all day long. 60s/70s/80s mostly what with what I am looking for, but still. And Hiluxes, goddamn do they just run forever.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I like almost all cookies, I dislike almost all cars

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The Prong Song posted:

Chud is "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers" from the '80s movie of the same name and now people use it to mean "white people who aren't extreme liberals".

source your quotes

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

fridge corn posted:

Season 3 of Stranger Things was really really bad.

I disagree completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Buy all our Auto batteries through Costco to score on that sweet sweet executive cash back program.
Like everdave already mentioned cars commonly arrive from Japan with trashed batteries so we buy a ton.