Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh shoot, MDickie is still active?
I will buy the LPer the awful avatar that we will obviously make off the terrible face textures.

That's right: whoever LP this gets an avatar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If anything, MDickie is flourishing since Wrestling Empire seemed to be a minor hit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

NGL, with all the poo poo going down I'm really happy this pompous rear end just decided to give out some more of his genius onto the world.
We could all use someone to point and laugh at.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

By popular demand posted:

NGL, with all the poo poo going down I'm really happy this pompous rear end just decided to give out some more of his genius onto the world.
We could all use someone to point and laugh at.

I've always felt that MDickie was such a benign sort of windbag that there was always a bit of genuine affection for him. Like the Brainy Smurf of game design. The pompousness is part of why we love engaging with his work. Also, goofy as they can be, his games do exhibit a certain degree of ambition, and I respect that even in this age of cheap asset flips, he seems to be making everything from scratch himself.

Definitely seconding (fourthing?) the request to LP that new game of his. Maybe if he makes enough sales, we'll finally get The You Testament 3, which I assume will be his take on the life of Moses (or maybe he'd swerve on us and go for Siddhartha Gautama).

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Somewhat to my surprise, the only Elden Ring lp i could find here is a gimmick run. Any good non-obnoxious "normal" ones out there?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I just remembered, GenpeiTurtle's lovely Maken Shao LP was one of the few to be completely lost following the death of Google Video (it didn't even get uploaded to the Internet Archive), so it'd be great if some enterprising soul could take a whack at making a replacement.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

vilkacis posted:

Somewhat to my surprise, the only Elden Ring lp i could find here is a gimmick run. Any good non-obnoxious "normal" ones out there?

I think folks are waiting for the dlc to drop. Whenever that happens. I know it's a game I'd like to cover, but I'd rather tackle the complete product, not just the base game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was looking around for horror games to watch when I learned that the creators behind Yuppie Psycho made another game before it, The Count Lucanor.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was looking around for horror games to watch when I learned that the creators behind Yuppie Psycho made another game before it, The Count Lucanor.

I really had an awful time getting into Yuppie Psycho, everything about the design just seemed to not want to make any kind of gameplay feel natural, The Count Lucanor worked notably better.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to help add to the LP Request list a bit since it's looking a bit thin if that's ok.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance for some good old Goofus/Gallant gameplay if someone wants to do that.

Imperialism 2 since that one hasn't been done yet.

Fantasy General 1 for all the old-school strategy-lovers out there.

System Shock Remake it's been out for a while now and it's pretty fun so i'll just add it here.

Outpost 2: Divided Destiny a bit of an unknown because it came out 1997 and there was a lot of good games that year so it got massively overshadowed.

Phantom Doctrine a interesting game that I've not seen too much of but it seems neat.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
There has been a number of requests but the OP hasn't been updated in a while.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Koorisch posted:

Phantom Doctrine a interesting game that I've not seen too much of but it seems neat.

Can confirm that Phantom Doctrine is, indeed, pretty neat, and I'd also enjoy seeing someone LP it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Did anyone ever do a subtitled video LP of Limbo? The one on the archive isn't. Was kinda hoping Edmond Dantes did one, but if they did, I can't find it.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I'd be really interested in seeing somebody play Slay The Princess, a short VN that game out last week. It's got a lot going on for such a simple concept.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
Gonna throw out a request for Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 with the Lil' Manster patch (or Project Exile, I guess, but Lil' Manster is more current)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There, I've updated the list you ingrates. It turns out that when I don't run my own LP, I don't have as much reason to check in on the forums. :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Artix posted:

There, I've updated the list you ingrates. It turns out that when I don't run my own LP, I don't have as much reason to check in on the forums. :v:

That sounds like a problem with a simple solution.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I did. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

vilkacis posted:

Would anyone happen to know of a good Armored Core 6 lp?

Oh here's one right here.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Wellll poo poo i watched a crummy one on youtube a month ago. Will check out though!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

gently caress there's a list!

SimonChris posted:

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1380629877431369732

Someone has to take one for the team and actually play this.

I would like to request an SSLP of Terrifying Silence mod for XCOM TFTD
The only LPs I can find are longass video ramblings I just cannot stand.

Is there a screenshot LP of Daggerfall? I cannot find anything that still has working image links.:corsair:

And also that new Mdickie game!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm pretty sure that someone did started an LP of the creepy bed and breakfast game or at least bought it with the intention of doing so. I remember they posted about their experiences with it but it didn't get much further than that.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm pretty sure that someone did started an LP of the creepy bed and breakfast game or at least bought it with the intention of doing so. I remember they posted about their experiences with it but it didn't get much further than that.

Yeah, the game was nowhere near actually finished at the time. I haven't looked but I bet that's still true. They did a few videos over in one of the megathreads though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Was it this one? Apparently LP'd as a toxx.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Was it this one? Apparently LP'd as a toxx.

Yep, that'd be the one.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to put up a LP request for Pizza Tower, it's a cool game and it needs more people to see it.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

I really want to see someone go in-depth on the linguistics of Chants of Sennaar.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Bliss Authority posted:

I really want to see someone go in-depth on the linguistics of Chants of Sennaar.

I will both second this and say that it may be something that I look at doing once we finish up Outer Wilds.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bliss Authority posted:

I played through the first chapter with Nweismuller, and it was quite a bit of fun.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I would like to see an LP of Astlibra Revision perferably one by someone who doesn't know a lot about the story beforehand because man it goes places but it also is a pretty fun game to play.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I'd love to see an LP of Hylics 1 & 2, a weird as poo poo series of... RPGs?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Someone LP the new Walking Dead game

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Been playing/powering through Marvel’s Midnight Suns for the PS5 these last few days (got the Legendary Edition for a goddamn song; ~$30 USD instead of the usual $100), and I’ve enjoyed it. It’s one part XCOM, one part third-person exploration, one part deck building, and one part superhero friendship simulator. It’s such a weird mix that I love it to bits. The dialogue does harken to the MCU’s style of snark, which may grate on some people, but it’s so wonderfully written and expertly voiced by a banger of a cast (Matt Mercer, Laura Bailey, Steve Blum, Brian Bloom, Erica Lindebeck, Micheal Jai White, and more!) that I can’t help but sigh wistfully whenever I hear it.

Basically, you’re in control of not just the Avengers, but also Wolverine, Spider-Man, Blade, Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider, Magik from The New Mutants, and friggin’ Nico Minoru of the goddamn Runaways as they fight a demonically powered up HYDRA. And there’s DLC that adds four new* characters to the mix (well, three and a half, but if ya know why I’m saying that, ya know). Plus there’s HYDRA Bob! He’s only there for a split second, but he’s there!

So, allow me to request that Marvel’s Midnight Suns and its DLC be VLP’d by a particularly adventurous goon. It’s very much worth the time and effort to do.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Saw a tweet that the mobile FF Dissidia game, Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, is going to shut down on February 29, 2024. This is probably unrealistic, especially with just three months left, but it'd be a shame to leave a bonkers massive crossover RPG to be forgotten to time, so I'm gonna request a LP of this game. I don't know how the game really works, but I'd guess recording as much of the story as possible in the next three months, and then posting everything. Also I don't expect anyone to actually spend money on this, please don't spend money on a dead game walking.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Saw a tweet that the mobile FF Dissidia game, Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, is going to shut down on February 29, 2024. This is probably unrealistic, especially with just three months left, but it'd be a shame to leave a bonkers massive crossover RPG to be forgotten to time, so I'm gonna request a LP of this game. I don't know how the game really works, but I'd guess recording as much of the story as possible in the next three months, and then posting everything. Also I don't expect anyone to actually spend money on this, please don't spend money on a dead game walking.

It's not the worst idea, it's easily the best portrayal of every ff cast pre 7, and the post 7 stuff isn't bad either. The game also gives you tons of free poo poo which is more than enough to streamroll any story content. I'm in no way up to doing it myself, but I do plan to bumrush the rest of the story while its there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently Community Manager SQEX_Joshua said that they'll be putting all of the cutscenes on YouTube, including ones for the content that won't make it to the game due to EOS.

Edit: It was actually the producer of the game who said that, in an in game announcement

https://twitter.com/DissidiaDB/status/1729722674086072634

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 30, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I just wish more mobile games would do the X Dive thing and make a dedicated offline version after hitting EoL.

It's honestly hosed up that it's the first major gacha to actually do anything for preservation.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I absolutely agree.

Sadly, since X Dive is the first one to do it, if it doesn't sell enough, companies will just see it as a waste of resources.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The Star Ocean gacha transitioned the app to a no-gameplay story reader and character viewer, which isn't nothing, but yeah nobody's done anything nearly as comprehensive that I'm aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Polsy posted:

The Star Ocean gacha transitioned the app to a no-gameplay story reader and character viewer, which isn't nothing, but yeah nobody's done anything nearly as comprehensive that I'm aware of.

Kingdom Hearts Union χ also transitioned the game to a cutscene story viewer.

I didn't know the Star Ocean one did, too, so that's neat. Hopefully, if nothing else, more gacha games will start doing that.