Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Telephones posted:

I haven't been following this story at all can somebody sum it please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWnubJ9CEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

twoday posted:

Why's he still alive then

Because if someone is seen as sufficiently crazy enough, it doesn't matter what they say. It'll either not matter, or actively help cover up what you're doing. That's why they let his lovely band perform on the today show, to make him look delusional (which, regarding his musical talent, he is).

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
But here's the thing

Even if the official story is true, and all of these people writing op-eds about this is the fault of abysmal prison conditions,

Why is that reason to ignore the galaxy of bizarre connections around him?

They aren't saying that explicitly, but the implicit message is "You're mad about the wrong thing! Who cares about the fact that he may have been operating a human trafficking ring for the most powerful people in the world? We need to talk about how our prisons are underfunded!"

e: I guess I'm saying that I can totally imagine a future where this is used as an excuse to pass legislation beefing up all of our prisons, and a bunch of NYT writers pat themselves on the back because "our country is finally dealing with its problems and passing bipartisan legislation again".

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Aug 16, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zas posted:

well, improving prison conditions is a political nonstarter

for the record, you're right, I know, it just feels like my brain is overheating and can't process the information it's seeing. crack ping etc.

but you don't necessarily have to sell it as improving the conditions for the prisoners. some of that stuff is equally focused on the "overworked and underpaid correctional officers."

"we're gonna put cameras in every cell! heart beat monitors inside every jumpsuit! and Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are teaming up to design the new Manhattan Correctional Center, Amazon Fulfillment Warehouse, and Tesla Plant!"

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Aug 16, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

tylersayten posted:

The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government is another must-read if you’re into this stuff.

You can pretty much write off anyone’s credibility if they still believe a loving thing American intelligence agencies say in 2019.

This book was instrumental in forming the cracks that would eventually break my brain completely. Dulles is one of the most evil men in US History and before reading this, I'd never even heard his name.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

StashAugustine posted:

Its cool how he's got an airport named after him

it's actually named after his brother. but he was also a piece of poo poo and, since he was secretary of state, worked with Allen to align all of the executive branch's interests with those of the intelligence community. so same diff

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Shima Honnou posted:

maybe the rich are just dumb and actually believe in magic

I think it's probably like 60% this, 40% people going along with it because they like theme parties

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

inconsequential posted:

I feel like it’s fair to not be so hardcore in the Travis Scott is a literal Satanist, but to look at the situation metaphorically. So much of modern pop-culture is about empty values like notoriety and material wealth, and Travis Scott is probably less of an incredible talent who worked hard to succeed than a man who had good connections and got lucky. Watch how the young people are almost all videotaping with their phones. They aren’t there to enjoy beautiful music, they are there to worship an idol and signal their status to their friends. In this sense, Scott is a false prophet, and the values he represents are arguably quiet immoral. Cheaping on security and safety so somebody can make a few extra bucks, layers and layers of bureaucracy to stop anyone from being able to simply stop the show when people are being hurt, the perverse incentives to keeping the show going at all costs, Scott’s own past with inciting chaos and ignoring the safety of his crowds. This is a gaudy celebration of all the terrible (arguably evil and thus Satan adjacent) values of modern life. Furthermore, as the wealthy continue to engage with occult imagery, it becomes increasingly likely that at least one so called artist will be drawn to the notion that people are willing to die for their art/message/engaged in their worship.

Right, this is the line of discussion that interests me more than trying to find direct or indirect connections to Satanism in the Aesthetic of Astro World.

I went to Bonnaroo a few times when I was in college, and it's not that the experience was literally a ritual performed in service to The Market/Capitalism/Western Values for all that they provide us. However, if you were going to dream up a mass ritual performed in service to those things, it would be virtually indistinguishable from Bonnaroo.

And in the same way, my question looking at screen caps of Astro World put side by side with Hieronymus Bosch paintings is "How is this distinguishable from Hell on Earth?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Brace Belden and Nick Mullen teamed up to brainwash reasonable Bernie Sanders supporters into Woke-Racist Progressives and push the party too far to the left so they'd lose in 2020.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

oh well if the JAIL RECORDS say so, then that certainly clears it all up. I mean sure, having someone assassinated in prison, that's one level of power. But having misleading or incorrect information put into a document? That would take some kind of Living God!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I know that I'm not CIA, and I'm pretty sure my wife isn't, but beyond that I can't be sure.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Private Cumshoe posted:

That's what a spook would say

I'm gonna assume you meant that as a slur and you're not calling me 'telligence, friendo *spittoon clang*

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The conspiracy is coming from inside the thread

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

my bony fealty posted:

what I'm curious about recently is who the replacement Epstein (Epstine) is

the cabal obviously ain't gonna stop doing horrible poo poo so who has stepped into that role?

my hunch is that, whatever that operation is, that's what was being set up between the time of his initial arrest and the 'suicide'.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

they're doing it wrong, you add one thing each day
and the fifth one is FIVE GOLDEN RINGS

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Chad Jihad posted:

Casual googling says very little of that is true

Chris Cuomo was suspended, not fired. and I can't find anything about the CFO of CNBC.

It looks like the CFO of Goldman Sachs announced he was stepping down back in September.

Other than that, it checks out to me. What are you seeing that's glaringly false?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Excelzior posted:

RIP to Alec on his impending simultaneous shooting, hanging and drowning suicide

oh my god, when he said "I didn't pull the trigger" he wasn't talking about killing that women on the set of Rust, he was talking about his own impending suicide!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Here's something: Epstein seems to be the only foot guy who is all about getting stuff done to HIS feet, rather than doing stuff to other people's feet.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Marzzle posted:

I think that's just "people with sore feet" rather than some obtuse fetish thing. not defending epstein but sometimes you just wanna have your sore rear end feet rubbed :shrug:

Hmm, an interesting theory. Bailiff, could you present Exhibit A again?

Your honor, I rest my case

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Devil's Chessboard is a good entry point because it shows the evolution of the CIA out of the OSS through the lens of Dulles's actions in Europe during WW2. Specifically:
- having advanced knowledge of the concentration camps and choosing to ignore it and
- brokering deals with Nazi leadership to get them safely out of the country before they could be killed/captured and bring them back in to form the new government after the official defeat of the Nazi party.

When that's your jumping off point, you'd think there'd be nowhere to go but up!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This is fake, I know because conspiracies and bad things can't happen if there's too many people involved.

I do really like the defense of official stories, especially with something like the JFK assassination or Epstein, where people say "do you really think that many people could keep a secret?" Lol no, and they didn't, which is how we know about it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The thing Sorry To Bother You nailed better than anything else is when the horrible truth about the giant corporation is revealed to the public, all it does is make their stock price go up lol

It doesn't matter if the truth is out there in the open for everyone to see if anyone with actual power just ignores it or says "yeah but what can you do?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Trabisnikof posted:

reminder, her kid says that Temple and her husband Charles Alden Black were involved in the CIA

Animal Crackers in my soup
Training up Cubans
To be troops

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

That much I (barely) parsed, dunno what the red sox logo stitching refers to though.

sweatshops

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

They're on the Grassy Knoll!! My god!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Riot Bimbo posted:

I honestly liked part 2

Same, I liked seeing how the whole Investigative Journalism thing is actually supposed to work. Find an inconsistency, research, follow up on new leads, go back and interview old leads with new info, repeat. If you're expecting the story to lead up to a single, big conclusion, I could see it being a little scattered. But I think it's probably the best way to present the story he had which is not "here is what REALLY happened that night" but "here is all the proof that what REALLY happened that night was covered up".

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I don't really know enough about him or Moon to have a gut reaction tho. :shrug:

I remember reading Full Moon by Dougal Butler, Moon's assistant, when I was a kid. Lot's of good rock and roll hijinks anecdotes. I don't think he was involved in anything bigger than being a Tazmanian Devil of drugs and destruction.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

endocriminologist posted:

i feel like they could get more buyers with a different name

they're gonna find out it's infested with pedophiles during the initial inspection anyway, better to just rip the band-aid off

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Barry Foster posted:

I started reading CHAOS a few days ago and now I am absolutely loving hooked. I can't put it down

Look at me! Look at what you done to me, goons!

the entire book can be summarized by the it's always sunny line: "Oh, poo poo, buddy. I got to dig a little deeper."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

GWBBQ posted:

Jumping to the conclusion that someone isn't genuine or credible because they're related to an influential military or intelligence person is really loving dumb.

it ain't enough to build a wall but give me two or three more bricks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Oops, I dropped my CREDIT CARD at THE SCENE OF MY CRIME

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
running in the presidential primary to sell books is a time-honored American tradition

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

perhaps he should have looked into other times people have tried to create parody conspiracy theories and the results before undertaking this project

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Given what happened to the billionaire who spawned this very thread I can think of at least one thing he can still lose.

the use of his arms!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Lmao reading devil's chessboard and everything is somehow even worse than I thought it was

it's nuts that Allen Dulles STARTS at "actively ignoring the holocaust" and "secretly arranging peace deals for the nazis" and gets worse from there

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Azathoth posted:

At this point he probably assumes there's more videos and some unambiguously show him. Besides, Trump has shown us that the best way to handle politically damaging poo poo leaking is to go "yeah that's me, I'm so threatening to The Deep State they will stop at nothing to take me down".

Jon Ronson's "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" which came out in 2015 comes to basically the same conclusion. the only options when faced with something like this is: 1. ignore as much as possible and if forced to just deny it OR 2. just say "yeah it's me, who cares? what's it to you, why are you so interested huh??"

as soon as you accept the shaming or apologize, that's when people really smell blood in the water.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

is pepsi ok posted:

I remember thinking Rex Ryan was so dumb for denying it when his foot fetish videos were found. It was just his wife in the videos and it was obviously his voice. Just say "I like feet, what of it? Next question. "

Yeah what are they gonna do, make memes of you? they're gonna do that as soon as the accusation exists at all. Might as well get ahead of the thing.

e: the example in the book he gives is some guy (I do not remember who, but definitely a public figure) who got caught in a tabloid scandal where he had a BDSM kink - he liked being dommed by women who were dressed like Nazi officers. It might not have been explicitly nazis like iconography wise, but the uniforms and stuff were definitely supposed to evoke that sort of imagery. And the guy's response was basically "not only is this none of your business, exactly why do you think it's okay to spy on me in my bedroom?" and yeah, he got through it unscathed because that's how he chose to handle it.

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 15:19 on May 5, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

cagliostr0 posted:

Former boss of formula One and son of famous British Nazi Oswald Moseley, Max Moseley.

Yes! And to be clear - absolutely not defending that guy, just pointing out that he successfully dodged the scandal by responding to it with "yeah I love being dommed by the ladies of the SS, so what?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it just keeps coming, i wonder if they have something lined up every day til the primary on 5/17

https://twitter.com/sollenbergerrc/status/1522234966838554632

lmfao oh noooo not $40k he must be the most corrupt man in washington!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mola Yam posted:

it's an interesting shift from the "i'm a bipoc lgbt+ imposter syndrome anxious millennial, and this is my inclusive army" to "hey zoomers. you and i know the world's hosed. come gently caress it with us"

the real trick is getting both factions to think they are the good ones fighting the nefarious deep state of the other ones. Top notch stuff.