Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

inferis posted:

i think it might be a good idea to have a cooldown period for the conversations that go in circles and poo poo up the thread, but it usually only happens when there isn’t anything else interesting coming up and when there is it sort of fizzles out on its own.

the thread lull derail generator is an important component to any healthy thread ecosystem, without them the entire :justpost: chain would fall apart as any given lull runs the risk of killing the crabthread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

FFXIV is the new hotness, and there's a part centered around around piloting things. :thunk: Crowdsourced drone command.

Did you know that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime? Sign up, and enjoy being targeted by CIA nerds who are going to steal your bitcoins Eorzea today!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

axes, a weapon known for causing the same damage as when a gravel truck driver shows up to work drunk and drives it into the office trailer

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ive never played mk ultra but i did rent mortal kombat 2 once

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i think its the canadian association for radiation oncology which just raises more questions

how deep does this go

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

tithin posted:

man i started reading it and felt intimidated - kinda impenetrable

what's all this poo poo about birds

just skip to the end and make a shitpost about space weed or something and try to pick it up from there, it'll go fine

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shear Modulus posted:

why would you tell your significant other about something awful at all

this website saved me and my significant other a lot of hassle during the great toilet paper shortage

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Real hurthling! posted:

internet atomization makes having your philosophy get challenged very difficult so people can believe way nuttier things openly

it owns that this is just going to get worse with the death of twitter, we're gonna end up with multiple similar social media platforms each with its own type of brain worm

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Futanari Damacy posted:

Yeah this is the biggest WTF for me, of all the breathless reporting of the idea that in the future "zillions of humans will live happily inside of computers"- I have seen zero interrogation or pushback on the idea of what it would actually mean for humans to "live" "inside a computer"

theres a documentary on this called sword art online abridged

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

brain and brain! what is brain?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i sure hope the aliens appreciate my intermittent posting style because otherwise my only other redeeming characteristic is that i can roll a joint one-handed

what thread is this again

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

to be totally unbiased im pretty sure blind people who became blind later in life have also reported having visual dreams

with that said i'm 100% in perry manson jars rink and i think there's more to NDE's than meets the eye

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what if instead there's an evolutionary advantage to getting a glimpse beyond the veil of life and death and seeing there's more to all of this than a futile struggle against entropy

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its always nice to see an old classic age gracefully

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the legless guy is just wearing tin foil lined khakis

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cached Money posted:

who is? my point was that you're not going to give yourself ptsd by playing a video game

every time i close my eyes im tormented with repeating visions of mario falling into a pit

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have built up a tolerance to propoganda by consuming it in ever-increasing doses, i started by eating the corner off of an uncle sam poster and now i can eat cod dlcs by the armful with no ill effects

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its not cheating if at least 1 person involved plays bridge, i dont make the rules

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i accused hunter of having a huge hog and he murdered me for it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

never forget when little caesars introduced the pizza portal, portals are much more dangerous than gates

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

you gotta admit that reagans toupee was a lot more convincing though

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what if clinton is trudeaus son

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

morgellons is real like the loch ness monster whereas havanna syndrome is fake like bigfoot

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im not a mindless sheep because of my beliefs, its because im very dumb and covered in a thick protective layer of wool

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

havana syndrome is definitely caused by sonic weaponry because it has all the telltale signs of blast processing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Trabisnikof posted:

wont someone think of the feelings of the poor CIA agents reading this thread?

havana syndrome is just what you get from reading alot of cspam

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just because im a paranoid drunk doesnt mean im not also being targetted by brain lasers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

why does it feel like the ufo thread all of a sudden ...

what ufo thread

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

area 51 is where they keep the extra stargate except someone stole it and replaced it with a hollow plastic prop

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kubrick would have insisted on filming on location.

this is what happened - the moon landing was filmed on a sound stage but the sound stage was on the moon to get that authentic moon gravity

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bedpan posted:

they are already reading my mind. why bother reading my posts?

just lol if your posts enter your mind before being posted, proper posting technique is to just stare at the screen and let your fingers channel a stream of unconsidered mediocrity onto the internet

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

cspam is a battleground between feds trying to manchurian candidate goons and goons trying to get feds to read marx

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my virus gains the function of the other 8 virus masters it has to defeat to breach the walls of dr wilys fortress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

nomad2020 posted:

As a practical question, what do you do with the ice dart while waiting? Carry a cooler?

E: I don't know what I was thinking. If you wanted to be clever, something like this isn't even sci-fi.

u just gotta complete your mission before your ammo melts all over the inside of your completely inconspicuous trenchcoat and drenches your mike and ikes in rat poison