Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Picked up this game with the steam sale at about 11 dollars

It's fun and engaging and I'm thinkin about it while at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

cmdrk posted:

this game is a great hobo murdersim

i haven't played in several months, is it worth hopping back into? i wasted many a day scrappin' for bmats.

Dunno how it was before but they just pushed out a big update for trench warfare.

Adding trenches and other buildable defenses.

Also ambulances and hospitals are a thing now too

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Game is on sale 45% off by the way.

Since I bought it last week I've put in over 24 hrs, it's definitely worth the time sink for ne.

I enjoy its something I can hop on do my own thing and contribute to the whole and then log out and check up later to see how a battle i was in or supplied played out

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
With the clan system officially engaged implemented, whose setting it up and where do I sign up

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Rynoto posted:

One of the devs honest-to-god thinks a running engine will freeze because of cold weather. It's fantastic :allears:

They're also canadian so should really know better

Its for the :airquote:"fun" factor

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Does anyone have some tips or guides on getting heavy equipment up and running? I've been practicing some theories and resistance phase just started so I'd like some feedback.

Say I'm trying to build an assault tank, whats the best way to store all the resources you need to get it up and ammoed/fueled up?

My process thats worked best do far is to grab a flat bed and a resource container with a sledgehammer, radio, hammer, and wrench and go to the nearest salvage yard until you pop 5k, take it back to the refinery and dump into fuel, emats, and bmats respectively for munitions and fuel, while thats cooking take the resource container and flatbed to a component yard and farm up to the pop and bring that back and let that cook for a couple hours,

Now here's where I'm stumped, whats the best way to transport the finished mats to the factory? Switch out the flatbed for a truck and load it up for the factory? Once I do that I try to get the munition crates cooking.

At this point its about a 2 hour hiatus waiting for the rmats to cook. And thats about as far as I've gotten.

Whats the best way to do this?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

MREBoy posted:

Then you get to enjoy the tedium of pulling all those shells out with a truck and putting them into the tank 15 at a time :suicide: .

Yeah I'm seeing the upper limits of their supply chokes. Seems like there should be a better way, hope they some day put a focus on better refining this wierd loop.

Its just not very clear on some things. Oh well, new content soon so guess I'll see what that adds

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Now that its out wheres the goon regiment.

I checked the discord but its been quiet for almost a month

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Ok, you're new you wanna go to the front and you wanna make a difference, right?

Ok heres what you do, spaqn at your desired front. Graba basic rifle and two rifle mags, a bandage if you're feeling feisty, head to gunshots

Step 2 don't get shot, find the line of where your guys are meeting their guys, back away a little and proceed to the money making part

Step 3, loot loot loot

You'll find PLENTY of backpacks around here and you're gonna look through them

You'll find anything from 1 heavily loaded up gas grenade to bmats and machine guns, stash what you want but you're getting bmats, the things that look like a metal bar, got at least 10? Thats some sandbags you can build to fortify your immediate position.

Have 25? Thats a chest to stockpile immediate supplies you scavenged nearby (remember those nades and mgs?)

If you're able to find a shovel then congrats you've upgraded to intermediate levels of impact especially if you have the bmats to upgrade your bunkers

You've done it, you've fortified and/or entrenched your position for your entire faction while stockpiling supplies for those smart enough to know how to use the tools you've provided

It might not seem like much but it can make the difference between being forced back due to lack of cover and being safely tucked away in a trench during an arty barrage

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ironically the biggest threat, pubbies with full pouches that die.

Its not delivery, its de-newbie

Seriously though, finding those loot pinatas are pure bliss when you're scavenging, its like an amazon delivery

Also join the goon horde, our numbers are swelling

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Hawke posted:

Gotta have a spare for when you get mud on it

Ftfy,

Speaking of i haven't seen much weather effects apart from light rain getting me dirty in trenches. Wheres the blizzard at, clapfoot?

I'm ready for the pain of in game hypothermia

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
War is hell, comrade

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I saw a group of about 4 or so pubbies pull this off earlier in this war with just some grenades and satchels staged in a forgotten front.
The hard part about partisan flipping is having satchels, before that what else is there for building damage? HE grenades?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

My god we're still clinging on.

We should either attempt to revive The Latch later or use what vehicles we have left to poke and distract those attacking Og.

Yeah, I hopped on earlier and was holding around moringhams grave, when I got roped into an arty crew to push back the tide and strike the collie relic base. We shot 3 guns with loaders and all for about an hour. Put out over 200 shells, it was awesome and caused a lot of mayhem.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Rynoto posted:

The mines were a system put in place when the active pop was ~800 at peak and it shows.

I gotta say, I've never seen it this bad and I've seen big server pops before but almost every sector having 25+ q times is a blessing a curse.

Saltbrooke was a good op, had some 4 am skeleton crew attacks though had things tense this morning, I don't know the status of saltbrook now but im glad its still in our hands

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Dark Off posted:

Allows blight

https://i.imgur.com/jq8dyRo.mp4
(pay attention to bush im in)

I was there! Yeah, its been back and forth all morning, which reminds me: is there some junkies with bayonet charges and bad latency? Ive gotten stabbed by people that glitch around and it is so infuriating

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

A rousing speech

All hail Supreme Cat Commander Nurdbot, herder of the lost Bmats , Defender of the Pubbie! All who oppose shall be gassed, all who resist shall be relentlessly bayonet charged!

Viva La Front! Viva La Bunker Base!

Amazing Member fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 26, 2021

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Not seeking to be some sort of defacto leader, I just want to shoot mans.

Just passin' the torch: Rule of thumb, I hear, is if you can't find the best, you find the oldest

Besides who takes vidya games seriously anyway, just a nudge in a general direction in this setting makes waves down the line.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

err posted:

I might get this game tonight. The map system kinda reminds me of Albion Online.

Think of it like company of heroes but instead of a squad you have direct control over 1 dude

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Was peace ever an option?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

verbal enema posted:

i had a dream we were all fighting a collie tank the size of a battleship

"M-metal gear??!"

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
You're gonna find that no matter what color uniform you have on, the problem is gonna be the human wearing it.

Even Summit1G's stream almost came to an abrupt end yesterday when some greenbean started yelling gamer words out across the front. Most you can do is report it, perhaps snap clips of it or screenshot and send it to the Foxhole discord, because within seconds of the incident I talked about earlier, the offending greenbean was banned. Granted, that was when 25k people were watching live on twitch, but let's say they have an interest in maintaining a good image at this moment.

Still, its just a game, so its all about your fun. If you like the color green (and the taste of babies) then I see no issue with you catching the bullets I shoot at you :agesilaus:

Welcome to the great war

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

pokchu posted:

At the very least I think we need to use discord rather than in game voice. People are starting to get left out, and the quality and attenuation are awful. And losing voice between zone changes, etc

Yeah this is something I brought up a few pages back, I think what you're saying is the best course of action: using discord for role specific groups, probably using in game squad chat for whatever local squad or maybe goon op we're doing. Ive definitely felt the stretching as we grow and you're right I think separating voips would focus those wanting a specific experience that time they play. I know I prefer Frontline, patrols, while throwing in woth helping logi from time to time. I think we have some discord channels we can use for this though

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

I felt wretched trying to set up a raid and it just turning into driving in circles, it is not my strong point and where we are stationed in a rather stalemate situation.

Just call it a patrol and we'll find trouble eventually anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Foxhole: Barotrauma diaries - The clown that got away.

Jumped back in these past few days since the announcement and still love the game but always felt Unless you're goofing off with a squad it's hard to do anything except run around the Frontline holding it, reviving/patching up, and now setting up rpg/MG placements.

With the new vehicles I wonder how it'll affect player placement/displacement on the front since maybe a small portion will be on the sea... but maybe this'll lend to more opportunities for behind lines landing with bigger forces?

Hopefully it makes swimming easier since now we have to dismount somewhere if not directly to a tier