Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rise, thread, RIIIISE!

(Casting spoilers for those who haven't followed news about the show much)

https://ew.com/tv/the-boys-season-2-aya-cash-stormfront-photos/

The belt buckle.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Baron von der Loon posted:

... bullet-proof backpacks...

I am pretty sure those were an actual thing at some point.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Can't wait for another scene of Homelander straight up lasering a crowd of dozens of innocent people, only this time it won't be a fake out. It will look like one, but then there'll be another swerve and - oops, no - he actually did it this time.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"The Boys Season 3: Hit me baby one more time"

for maximum repulsion.

There's also "The Boys Season 3: A-A-A-CHOOOOOO"

Edit: the obvious choice is of course
"The Boys Season 3: #HOMELIGHT"

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 8, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

text editor posted:

I'm guessing the latter, the Boys will use the temp V to save Kimiko, which she'll probably be upset about

Butcher only had three doses, they are all gone.

Back in the hideout, during the aftermath of the dildo assassination I thought "I swear to god if they fridge Kimiko I am going to shake with impotent rage and keep watching this garbage, but I am going to enjoy it less" and then, welp.

Has any other show moved at this breakneck speed?
Also, all those more or less sublte jabs at recent/current events like the Pepsi spot, the mention of a "nothingburger" are :kiss:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 10, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1535275835539718153

Now I'm afraid they'll stretch out the whole Homelander situation, because if he's gone, a lot of the show's appeal is as well?!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thundercracker posted:

Honestly, A-Train is probably around literally to be the token black guy.

I think we will see him go fast one last time in defiance of Homelander or to give Team Butcher an opening for a shot at Homelander and then have his heart pop in a spectacular fashion.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The Last Call posted:

In response, The Boys twitter account posted an image of the various stars holding up four figures to signal the fourth season.

It's notable for a reason.

The way Vicky is holding up her four fingers could also be interpreted as gesturing "Oops" or surprise/shock.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dalael posted:

I see absolutely no reason why Homelander would have lied about this. Plus it really fits A-Train's character.

To be supermachiavellian and sow distrust between the ursupers?

To have Starlight blast A-Train through a couple of walls in a fit of rage (showing her clenching her fist behind her back indicates to me she will snap at one point), only to tell her "Haha, A-Train didn't rat you out, I listened in on those suckers and killed your boi Supersonic. Let's see how your favouribility rating is looking now after it becomes public knowledge you killed A-Train, an african-american hero in the Seven. Murderer. You're not better than me."

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I hope it's "bad" enough that we get an old school Senate hearing about "decency in broadcasting" with "Lady G" fannin' th' vapahs away.

It would be even more funny since they explicitly namedropped Graham in this ep.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Frenchie's doesn't, and it's also hella boring, so whatever.

Robobot posted:

Also I have completely lost all interest in Frenchie's plot this season.

Isn't it pretty obvious that Frenchie getting nabbed by Nina is the catalyst for Kimiko to begrudgingly re-power to save him, most likely by asking Butcher for some Temp V?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bust Rodd posted:

It was supposedly Jensen Ackles but that seems to have been a case of meta-misdirection, unless we actually get a second “flashback” Herogasm that shows Soldier Boy in 1989 or something like that.

Was that directed at Herogasm in particular?
I can imagine that the script initially asked for a slightly more explicit/homophobic reaction towards the gay couple in the previous episode than smirking and shrugging it off and Ackles was not ok with it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Anyone want a beatboxing Homelander avatar? Can't justify buying it right now.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 26, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

bobjr posted:

Depowered Homelander is found by MM’s ex’s new husband, who does everything to keep him hidden and recovering.

Maybe in some sort of "Misery" setup.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

‘The Boys’ Showrunner and Stars Spill ‘Herogasm’ Secrets, Including the One Note Amazon Gave on Superhero Orgy

Huh, the Octopus was practical, not VFX.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 28, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

pik_d posted:

#IStandWithStarlight

#HomeSlander

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

jabby posted:

Him being President could be what leads to Vic the Veep.

You mean... Deep the Veep?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

For a brief moment I expected Soldier Boy to impale Annie with his shield fragment before she could blast him away. The one time she actually goes off and it still would have been futile. Oh wait, she fizzled out a security cam earlier. My bad.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yup, time to abandon thread.
Too many dead horses getting frantically flogged.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Jabronie posted:

Has jack quaid apologized for his father Randy's crimes'?

Wrong Quaid.
I did not know that Meg Ryan is his mother though.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

And awaaaaaay we goooooo!

(Season 4 has begun filming)

https://twitter.com/antonystarr/status/1561707732650033152

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

drat, they did not miss a beat and made sure everyone was 100% on the same page realizing "yup, this is the Vought universe allright".

No notes, great fun and disgusting.
Well, one note. Let us bingewatch the whole season.

Not quite sure about the timeline.
Was that supposed to be Love Sausage in one of the cells in the flashback?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I have one gripe with Marie's powers.

If she flings half a gallon of her blood around (like in that scene where she practices shooting at least 6 targets in the foster home gym), wouldn't she almost pass out or at least be a bit wobbly?

Maybe that will come into play later as her achilles heel, but it feels like super sloppy writing (even for a show with superpowers triggered by a sci-fi serum).

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Panfilo posted:

We see with her saving that one lady that she can slurp the blood back up into the original owner. So I assume she can do this herself. They could show it but the scenes where there's blood splatters everywhere has good shock value so they might just not bother to show her recollecting the blood.

That seems ... unsanitary. But hey, superhero show, so whatever.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh, Luke/Golden Boy is Schwarzenegger jr?

I had no idea and hadn't actually registered any of the actors' names since I assumed they were all fairly unknown.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So, show of hands, who else thought that after Tek Knight circled the rim of the whiskey glass in the Dean's office, picked up the scotch tape during class and took the bitten donut after, that he was going to gently caress that donut?

Was it just not that subtle or am I just used to assuming the worst because it's, well, The motherfucking Boys?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Iymarra posted:

Yeah no, you're on the money.

I'm confused about the end of the episode and the sudden cut mid sentence and fade to black.

Watched the preview by accident and it was addressed in the first 5 seconds of it, so don't worry.

Unrelated, but Rufus' dick looked quite normal, considering he had been hitting himself with a baseball bat for at least 2 days every hour on the hour ("JUMANJI"). I'm really surprised he was into being a sex pest after all that. Ah well, I guess it's taken care of now.

Also just made the connection "Rufus" = "Roofie".

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 6, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Shageletic posted:

Wait what's the other ones

Enid from "Wednesday"?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoops, looks like Chance Perdomo (Andrew) deleted his Twitter account and made his Insta with 1m followers private.

Probably nothing.

Edit: Oh wait, before shutting down his Instagram, he posted

Phew, crisis averted.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 7, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Little easter egg, Marie was shown briefly on a computer screen in S03E02 of The Boys, when Hughie went to the Red River Institute.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Panfilo posted:

Chances are he could just Omega Beam Neumann's eyes out before she could even do enough just to cause him to sneeze.

Didn't he even say so when he visited her at home and learned about her daughter? Something along the lines of "if I feel as much as a tingle I will take both of you down before you know it?" or am I misremembering things?

He wasn't quite sure if she even could harm him, but he wasn't able to rule it out completely neither.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

June 13th, initial dump of three episodes, 8 episodes in total.

Edit: Source

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 23, 2024

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I started watching Banshee because of Starr (I started it years back before The Boys was a thing and bounced off for some reason early on) and had to chuckle when his character Hood was asked what he was gonna do and he answered "Whatever the gently caress I want".

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

SimonChris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU191_COY2k

When he goes "You stay the gently caress back!" I fully expected him to follow with "or I'll laser you all!"

And in the S2 Finale Hood gets the nickname Soldier Boy?

Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1762972542501892258