Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://player.fm/series/we-dont-talk-about-the-weather-2474004/episode-65-limping-marxism

If you're into podcasts WDTATW did a good summary of living marxism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

winegums posted:

I think this is what could make it so good. I really like WDTATW, but I wish they'd get a 3rd or 4th host (partially so the show isn't on hiatus for a fortnight when someone's sick or moves house). We have a spread of people here covering various topics.

As an aside, has anyone else found that reel politik has become basically unlistenable recently? Just feels kinda phoned in and lazy.

The RP eps with wariotifo on are good. But yeah I think Jack's been really struggling lately.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Alright so we have a volunteer for editing. If someone has any hot tips on how to record a conference call, I'll be happy to see if I can set something up with the gear i have (zoom 4 and basic mixing desk), but if someone else has a better idea let us know!

If I've learned anything from listening to a million podcasts it's that you get everyone to record locally.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Lol why the hell not. I can even steal that same snowball mic from my other half.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Name should be United Kingdom Mega Pod - UKMP

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Sounds like Walter White's product with a name like that tbh

Got our first sponsor.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol this guy blocked me for calling Nick Clegg a oval office.

He blocks everyone for besmirching the good name of the lib dems with things like "propped up a tory government" and "would do it again".

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1158104103110754304?s=20

I hope this kills more news outlets.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Camrath posted:

Already gone.

Huh, weird. Dunno why he'd delete that but it was a link to this article:

Google’s New Chrome Makes It Easier to Bypass Newspaper Paywalls

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

Second part:

Well if we needed a topic for the ukmt podcast, I propose we talk about fubpee brainspiders.

The podcast is me screaming at maximum volume for an hour.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

What do we think is a more terrible/incurable ailment, brain spiders or brain worms?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sanitary Naptime posted:

It was all facebook ads that done it, definitely not any of the structural issues within society that the ads easily played on.

There’s also a hilarious scene where Carole cadwalladr gives a big verbal sloppy blowjob to the “gods of Silicon Valley” as if they might do anything.

Pretty melty liberal piss tbh but it’s interesting at least when it analyses the “how” of Cambridge Analytica, totally fails at the why though.

As ever, it was advocacy of tinkering around the edges (RUSSIA, ADS) instead of the actual difficult reality (literally anything else).

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Dungeons and dragons is great because you end up in fantastical situations that are actually a little banal (eg fighting a dragon) but also situations that are as ridiculous as they are fantastical like eg trying to psychically communicate with a potato, WhatEvil.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

The new Rocko's Modern Life kicks rear end holy poo poo.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Lmao at Swinson on her knees and begging Jeremy not to become prime minister.

For anyone wanting to laugh at the libs on voice chat and also maybe discuss a podcast they can be in, come to the discord at 8pm tonight!

I am extremely ready to literally lol irl.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sanitary Naptime posted:

One hour of goonly howling

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lol

It's a fundraiser thing, not a date

E: i decided to get more involved with labour so i re-subscribed to all their email bullshit and then saw that invite for an Indian at a place just down the road from my home. Apparently there'll be a speech and a raffle

That sounds good as hell. All that ever happens with my CLP are meetings that always happen when I'm at work :(

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

baka kaba posted:

that's the way jamie oliver's sardinian street sweeper makes it

e- crustacean tax

https://twitter.com/UnusualVideos/status/1138350999448371200?s=20

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

:hmmyes:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Sanitary Naptime posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM SOME MILK ONTO THE COUNTER ITS SEMI SKIMMED AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START HAVING THE MILK ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TIM FARRON. I DRINK EVERY GLASS AND I DRINK EVERY GLASS HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME FULL FAT OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP POURING. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE NORTH AND SOUTH’S MOST DANGEROUS FACTORY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN PARLIAMENT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN PARLIAMENT CAN STILL BE HARD LEFT JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE FLAVOURS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THen i mix

:eyepop:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

It me, the 8 year old with clown feet.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

As a quick thing, how are we supposed to prevent folks taking money out of the country if we start putting up more taxes on things?

Alongside that, why has no one ever thought about plonking a battalion in the Camen Islands and going "this is ours now"?

Well the obvious answer is "capital controls".

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Why do I feel less than highly enegised by an environment that focuses on making profits.

What would help me to enjoy working in this kind of environment?

Lol I've got an interview coming up at a fintech company and I am strapping myself in for some bullshit.

Ninja E: Also mentally bracing myself for explaining why I said findom instead of fintech.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

I'm a big fan of jam and cream biscuits.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1165366986257420290?s=20

:getin:

E: 197 is the number of seats the tories will have after the election.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

My prospective guest bedroom had a bed covered in gold leaf, the toilet had photos on the walls of Charles and Camilla joking with the house owners about shooting people, and one of the bathrooms had a giant pit in the floor next to the bathtub that was covered by a glass sheet.

There was a fresh grave in the church graveyard next door. Maybe I should have paid a little more attention to that.

Is there going to be any room for your great dane?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

LMFAO I don't know if you guys remember the semi-AI-generated Theresa May speech I did a while back.

A new version of some text-generation AI has just been released, and somebody has made a website where you enter in the first and last sentence of a passage of text, give it an approximate length to work to and it'll generate the middle.

I tried it out (my start and end text in Bold):

*Art Attack voice*: Try it yourself: https://www.ai21.com/haim

Me, in the Guardian posted:

Why didn't you stop Brexit Jeremy? Because you're the guy who is leading us down a dark road, to be honest. It's not fair. That was a pretty loving good idea that we just didn't seem to understand. I had forgotten the concept of being a progressive when I started, and I feel sorry for a lot of people who are being told they're voting to be left behind, they didn't even realise it was a new thing to say. Did Brexit scare you? Did you feel that Britain was on the precipice of a revolution? [Laughs] My girlfriend really did, at that time. For us that feeling was more akin to something that could happen in another kind of time. Brexit brought a lot of the people who had supported you in your political career to the fore. As a political party, have you felt that as a result of your anti-austerity stance and your general anti-establishment reputation? It's not just about Brexit: there's a lot of other things that have happened recently... I think the whole financial crisis in 2008 – which caused the real estate boom in the United States, as well as the housing bust in the UK.

And that's why we now live in a Mad Max style wasteland.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

The single best f2p game with ethical microtransactions is Path of Exile. Absolutely none of the stuff you can pay for give you an edge in terms of gameplay; it's all either cosmetic stuff, or permanent upgrades to your stash size that lasts through every ladder reset.

Plus the game is a shitload of fun so it actually feels worth it when you drop £5 on a couple of stash tabs after you've played for 2000 hours.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Me and Verizian already came up with combining the waterslide job and the biogas job and propelling people poo poo slides with jets of hot pressurised methane towards a waiting vat of bubbling poo poo.

Good luck with your journalism career.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

gently caress if UKMT goons are playing classic wow I might have to get involved. poo poo.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I did that in 2008, and have no desire to repeat the experience because it loving sucked

e: the 233 runs from Denby Dale to Huddersfield in THE NORTH

I played on a classic pserver with US goons back in 2013/14 and it was honestly some of the most fun I've had playing the dumb game.

Rarity posted:

Goon Squad is on Zandalar Tribe, get involved :D

Alliance or horde.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

me to gf: "71 people have downloaded the podcast"
gf: "that's terrible"

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Thetobester posted:

I've not really posted before, but wanted to say nice job with the podcast. Also comment or commentariat made me wonder how many of these comments are sockpuppeting journalists.

Like I said in the ep, there are zero qualifying criteria for being a print journalist with the exception of connections.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

HappyCamperGL posted:

Pork pies are great and prince Andrew is a paedophile;!

Less great once they’ve crossed to Atlantic Ocean mind you.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Hi! Recommend a good podcast about Bojo's latest Brexit shenanigans tyvmia :tipshat:

Well, if you insist :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

so what's the chance this is brexit's peak stupid and it'll be better from here on

Bitch it’s not even October.