Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
We would be welcomed as liberators! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've been in an argument since yesterday with a (presumably soon to be ex) friend of mine over that Corbyn tweet where he asked Branson to return the money he sued the NHS for. The absolute loving highlight was him saying it was bad of Corbyn to "punch down" by castigating a law-abiding private citizen, I poo poo you not :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
So what I'm getting from these proposed border solutions is that we're leaving Europe very briefly before we get annexed for trying to immediately invade a member state :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
A majority of one can't be workable surely?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Fill your boots mate :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
When the left punch someone it's :frogsiren:political violence:frogsiren:, when the right punch someone it's a perfectly understandable response to the atmosphere of political violence created by the left.

Also, hope you get seen soon SMGT.

Also, also, solidarity Azza, I'm exactly the same when it comes to sliding off "basic" theory :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

AceOfFlames posted:

See, this is something that kind of bothers me with modern progressivism in general: "You want to know? Figure it out yourself! *later* No, that's not it at all you idiot!" I understand this derives from people arguing in bad faith but how in the hell do you change people's minds like that? You're just going to get people who are already primed to do the legwork while the racists are all too happy to dump Muslim rape statistics or whatever on people who have no opinion one way or the other. Are we really moving towards a future of "preach to the choir and shoot anyone who does not accept what we say on faith" on all sides?
This reads like something you'd see your dad post on facebook a couple of weeks before "you might as well just be racist since you're going to get called a racist anyway".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

radmonger posted:

If youmfind that the way you interact online commonly has that effect on other people, a moment’s self reflection could be in order.
It doesn't but just lol at this, which I can't read as anything other than "stop calling people out for racism if it upsets them".

OwlFancier posted:

Or a replacement dad.
I'm open to offers :v:

AceOfFlames posted:

I am not going to become a racist if that's what you're wondering. I just don't understand how anyone can live in a world where you have to decide what is real based on what you feel is right. I personally feel like empathy and tolerance is right but I would much rather support these feelings with facts as much as possible.
First off, "live your life without facts" is so far from the point that was originally made it's loving staggering that you ended up there. Secondly, "I feel like empathy and tolerance is right but need facts to support that" makes it sound like you're one well-labelled pie chart away from supporting cruelty and intolerance.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I think he gave up on Wipe because he knew he'd get loving crucified for doing centrist takes. Remember 2016 wipe when he pined for the days when people would say "meh" instead of being angry about politics? :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
^^^ 2014 predates the Media Meltdown Singularity though

CGI Stardust posted:

tbf by staying out of politics and the public eye, by and large he's avoided doing the standard old comedian thing of turning into a vocal anti-Labour transphobe. Unless he is, of course, and I missed it.
If his personal politics are dodgy, he's at least shown a degree of self-awareness that almost no other comedian/media personality has :v:

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt - maybe he just realised that modern satire needs to be more than just "angry man opposes everything" and called it a day. The only genuinely angry tv satire these days is New World Order and even that sticks a half-hearted boot into Corbyn every episode for the sake of "balance".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

WhatEvil posted:

Mash report is mostly good and lefty.
I've only ever seen promotional clips of that and it always seemed loving insufferable - stands to reason the BBC would pick the absolute worst, most banterish moments to promote it though :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

njsykora posted:

Also the guy who famously asked Peter Molyneux if he was a pathological liar and was quietly moved out of regular writing duties at Rock Paper Shotgun afterwards.
Didn't he found RPS? He absolutely is a total loving oval office on twitter though, last time I saw him melting down he was exclusively hounding women who replied to him, like some kind of anti-glinner :v:

Did he really do the budget section in PC Gamer though? I thought that was Jon Blyth? Edit: it was Walker, my apologies to Jon Blyth lol

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 5, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

If I knew what was coming, I would have gone in harder
Live every twitter reply as if it's your last :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

baka kaba posted:

I like that there's people on the right side of things doing this stuff, because we need more left wing voices and perspectives basically everywhere. But I always feel like the comedy feels forced in a lot of it, to the point where it dilutes the message, and instead of biting satire you get a comfortable laugh track and people making funny faces
Yeah, I'm not gonna slate them because they're clearly on the right side of that issue but it's just someone telling me things I already know while doing the occasional poo poo aside. It reminds me of that Stewart Lee line: "Was it funny? No but I agreed the gently caress out of it".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

baka kaba posted:

yeah totally, and it almost feels apologetic

like this is legit good:
Yeah, that's still a bit twee at times but it's much more vicious and he's at least arguing a point that probably a significant portion of the audience don't agree with by default.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Kate Meltby

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Really regretting my decision to quit twitter when I see poo poo like this :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Gonzo McFee posted:

Best photo they could get.
He definitely looks like he's spent a not insignificant amount of time explaining why racism isn't real on facebook.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

Thanks for all the kind words about my brother everyone, it's really appreciated.
I missed your initial post but condolences mate.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Klepsie posted:

All right, all right, it's taken over 15 years of Camrath nagging me but drops of water wear away a stone. Here I am. I am his friend who's been having issues with the mental health system. There have been some developments (also a few of Cam's original details are, innocently, a bit inaccurate). If there is interest, I can expand.

I am also advised that I should confess that I don't eat chocolate oranges, or chocolate at all, as part of my gritty smack battle to lose some effing weight. (She says, remembering Camrath's home made fudge guiltily)
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your shabby treatment.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

CGI Stardust posted:

oh boy do I know the twitter account for you https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking

you're welcome, no need to thank me
Related: https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/7/18255691/sea-of-thieves-player-interaction-hewwo

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

WhatEvil posted:

E: Oh and for more modern classical you can't beat Basil Poledouris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM
I listen to this on the regular, it's a loving masterpiece.

Ms Adequate posted:

The poo poo Rob Hubbard did back in the day is loving insane, how did he get these noises out of these machines?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQuR1LHAVI

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Glancing at the thumbnail for this on my phone I thought it was the organist sketch from I Think You Should Leave :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

CptAwesome posted:

I have a friend who's making a PIP application because she suffers from Graves Disease (thyroid thing) I'm not entirely sure of the details, but she said that she had been accepted based on her own circumstances twice, but denied due to the fact her girlfriend earned too much? I'm not sure what I'm asking for here but I just wondered if anyone could share any experiences theyve had or point me in the directions of any resources I could use to help her.
PIP definitely isn't means tested and your friend should get in touch with your local council's welfare rights office - they should be able to help with the application and also with the inevitable appeal when the company doing the assessment lies about how she was double healthy. :smith:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

SpaceCommie posted:

Had a fun time canvassing with Watford Labour over the weekend. Someone straight up told me they'd vote Labour but that Corbyn keeps talking Britain down and sides with all the wrong'uns.
I feel like they were probably lying to themselves :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Whether he killed himself or not, the important thing is that we all get incredibly loving furious and call each other cunts over it :v:

Edit: I loving knew this would happen lol

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 12, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

AceOfFlames posted:

Maybe if we get to Trek levels of technology sure but come on, wouldn't living in freaking neo tribalism forever and only thinking of your own survival just get boring? Heck, even if you fixed health care, inequality, fake news and fascism today (which would be fantastic and better than corporate dystopia) wouldn't you get bored if Facebook were still the same 40 years from now? What would you even do in the mean time?
"At least this is interesting!" I yell with my dying breath as the very seas themselves rise up and boil the last surviving remnants of humanity :v:

Edit: you should honestly just quit while you're behind mate

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, jesus wept.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Regarde Aduck posted:

Despite his lack of self insight, AceOfFlames seems to be in a rough spot and maybe lay off the dogpile? Everyone is usually so accepting, itt, of people with various mental ailements and yet because he's being non-compliant, which I admit isn't helpful, it appears the knives are out.
This is a bold fuckin gambit lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

Also again you don't have to go back to hitting the ground with a stick because you stopped making loving apps.
It's probably because I'm horrendously sleep deprived but I heard this in a proper cockney geezer accent and it's hilarious to me.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Lord help me I'm back on twitter my bullshit.
https://twitter.com/JimBobFreeman/status/1162325778530492416

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

lol i got instantly suspended for calling ashcroft a oval office
Twitter seem to have decreed that oval office is the worst possible word you can use and that no amount of being british or australian is an excuse :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

DesperateDan posted:

Not for Shane it wasn't
Maybe he was killed by a sorcerer, you don't know.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Did you ever see the movie Shame, with Michael Fassbender having a sex addiction and just being permanently horny? If yes, did you enjoy the relentless misery? If yes, Threads may be for you!
Read that as "this thread may be for you" and couldn't really argue with it :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's apparently a pretty strong inverse correlation between the expense of a wedding and the longevity of the marriage.
My girlfriend and I didn't even get married and we've been together for 23 years :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That ex polis "we should seal team six anyone with a parking ticket" lunatic blocked me within seconds of replying, exactly what I'd expect from a stone cold hardman :v:

Also, I'm not sure we should go so far as to outright ban frankie tweetman from the thread but she's not really any more noteworthy than a thousand other twitter dipshits so we could definitely stand to see a lot less of her.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

I assumed he'd have blocked me after I called him a psychopath but nope. Lucky me.
Aye, I replied and then immediately went to reply to your tweet and had to go into incognito mode for that screenshot. His ocular patdown must've raised more red flags for me :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Champix, despite making me feel seasick for an hour every morning and evening, works a loving blinder.
That's the stuff where you keep smoking and then one day you just get nothing from it? I used that to quit the second time and it stuck. Helps that I quit getting pissed too though, I have to admit :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ms Adequate posted:

Whilst bugman should like whatever he likes, using La Roux as an example of a guilty pleasure/'bad' act to listen to is lolworthy because she absolutely kicks rear end
:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm quite partial to Withnail's Hamlet :v: