Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

frankenbeans posted:

I just got into the deep space stuff in Evolve. That is a pretty active dev. There's a ton of new poo poo to make, a bunch of new materials, and a perma-siege in hell, which is a nice aside.

Also played a bit of Incremental Adventure. I've broken it. Jumped a bunch of PP level, like 3>6>8, and bought all the level skips, and it's skipping me way too far forward, to the point of doing 0.1% damage per attack on the level it dumps me in. Putting it aside until it's been patched up a bit. Was fun until that point though.

If anyone is playing Idle Skilling, there is a huge update coming soon, with pets and poo poo. If you haven't played it, I recommend it. There are IAPs, but you don't actually need them much any more. If there is any uptake on it, I'll drop some tips, but I'm not going to chuck out 4 paragraphs of poo poo if nobody is going to read it. (main tip: spend your first gems on infinity forge).

Idle Skilling

Seconding Idle Skilling, it's super good and deep now. Ton of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

For idle game updates, I just join their discord server, mute all categories and channels that aren't the one announcement or update channel, and then throw them all in one folder and ignore them all unless the white mark appears. Most idle games have have larger discords with an update channel like that so it seems to work pretty well.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Idle Game Idle Adventure

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Peachfart posted:

Idle Skilling is way more fun once you edit your save and add 500 Pachinko balls, giving you enough gems to get over the P2W hump.

Gems are called sparklecoin

edit: also, regarding the earlier post about the gems, you do end up getting a steady stream of them after a couple months of playing. There are several ways to obtain gems. Seems like a decent amount of poeple in the discord come in to praise the dev for having fair mtx.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Eldercain posted:

Has anyone done joyless in evolve? What's the reward for finishing it

I'm doing a run right now. Looks like the challenge modes double the mastery gain for that run. So if I got that right I'd get 2.5% mastery for this gold star human instead of 1.25%.

Guess we'll find out soon.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Odd it's not open source and he minifies the code but then makes the save so easily editable.

edit: as opposed to needing to use a base64 converter or something.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 10, 2019

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Evolve is vue and is very readable. He minified it

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Lufia posted:

Pretty sure minifying is the default behaviour when compiling Vue projects with single file components, like Arcanum has. Not minifying would actually require extra configuration. Okay it would be like one extra line of code, but the dude probably just hasn't thought about it what with updating the game 45 times a day...

I haven't actually used vue for anything so it sounds like you'd know more, I'm just comparing the two projects that both use vue. The evolve guy keeps his code public https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve and not minified and the arcanum guy does the opposite. I just thought it was funny his saves are so easily editable but his code is so obfuscated.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Located evolve.js in the devconsole
3. Place a breakpoint at line 4: switch (data.loop) {
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
6. Click resume script execution, or press F8
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

edit: I figured this out last year, it's possible it changed since then, I haven't played recently.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 25, 2020

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I really like Incremental Epic Hero but it's more JRPG in that there's a shitload of grinding. Still pretty good tho

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Looks like this dumb rear end announcement he's been sitting on and talking about for 6 months is going to be a phone only thingymadoo

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Melvor Idle has been filling this role for me for a couple of months.

Whoa, haven't heard of this one. It's visually appealing at the very least. What's the concensus? Looks pretty neat!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Discord is so miserable but I am joining a bunch related to my bookmarked threads in the hope that a spinoff becomes successful.

Discord has almost entirely emulated IRC at this point. You can make it compact and tiny and look pretty much exactly the same. I was extremely against Discord years ago but am a full convert now. You'll get used to it.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

shs posted:

Here is video game, and also keys for video game

Steam version

AG67W-GD3MD-ERE4Q

Thanks! Your games are awesome!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

All I know is Evolve idle is easily in my top 10 GAMES of all time

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is Evolve still the current best Kittens Game successor? I need something to fiddle with during work downtime, I tried Trimps and I kind of hate how you upgrade equipment

Yes. And IMO Evolve surpasses KG. It has more content at this point and is overall a much smoother experience. It's also still actively developed, with a new universe and a ton of content expected out within the next few weeks.

I recently mentioned this but I think Evolve is in my top 10 GAMES of all time. My (weird combination of) top 3 genres are FPS/management sim/incremental though so take that as you will...

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

crime weed posted:

so, the latest Evolve update --- question about soul gems & the new content:

is there some trick to getting to 2000 gems for the towers - apart from waiting? Do the mysterious pillars boost gem drop rate? If you get enough security, does that reduce the soul gem cost somehow? Or do I just need to wait 70 hours for the gems to trickle in?

Touching the ancient pillars and spending a harmony crystal with each SPECIES will lower the required soul gem amount by 12 per gate. However, the best way to farm soul gems is to boost attractors. The more attractors the more gems. Try to pump your attractors up as high as you can while still keeping a foothold with your fortress. More predator drones, more war droids, more gun emplacements.

I don't think this needs a spoiler cause this is like sandcastle builder levels of gobbledygook

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yes, 2 additional prestiges past the black hole, a lot of content.

I've always said evolve is best played sped up a lot. Still provided me a few months of entertainment even sped up 20x

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Hey yeah sorry, thanks for reposting!

Some tips for optimizing that speed hack cheat thing:
-Set the short speed as low as 20 up through Bioseeding for maximum speed e.g. 20/1000/5000
-Set the long speed as low as 100 for maximum soul gem farming e.g. 250/1000/100
-Set the mid speed as low as 50 for mech grinding e.g. - 250/50/5000
-Messing with all of the speeds at once will make the game chug anywhere past the early game, so setting the above speeds when you need to will maximize your output

Basically you don't need to mess with the different loops outside of the one you're currently utilizing most. Short for resource farming. Mid for mechs and spying. Long for day cycle, so pretty much just soul gems.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

moush posted:

Please do, at the moment I just put it off completely.

This is the method I came up with:

code:
(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Locate evolve.js in the devconsole
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

Some tips for optimizing:
-Set the short speed as low as 20 up through Bioseeding for maximum speed e.g. 20/1000/5000
-Set the long speed as low as 100 for maximum soul gem farming e.g. 250/1000/100
-Messing with all of the speeds at once will make the game chug anywhere past the early game, so setting the above speeds when you need to will maximize your output

Basically you don't need to mess with the different loops outside of the one you're currently utilizing most. Short for resource farming. Mid for mechs and spying. Long for day cycle, so pretty much just soul gems.
That guy may have a better way to do it tho

edit: all of the above settings and minimum ms speeds are dependent on your cpu so mileage may vary. Those were my observations with a 6700k @ 4.5ghz

Garfu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 13, 2021

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Oh, yeah if you want to go the play-the-actual-game route to experience all of the content but faster use my speedhack.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The soul gem grind is still the most annoying, even at 200/hr

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Listen, Evolve is my favorite incremental of all time, but I'm done waiting for soul gems, and you can be done too!

code:
 document.getElementById('statsPanel').__vue__.r.Soul_Gem.amount += 10000000 

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anfauglir posted:

The only way I found to do it is use https://coderpatsy.bitbucket.io/decoder.html, paste an exported save in, decode, search for at, set it equal to some large number, encode, import the save. The problem with this is you lose all accelerated time every reset so if you're doing a bunch of resets fast you're having to go in and edit the save all the time. There's probably a way to do it in the console but I don't know enough to find it, so this works well enough even if its annoying. Note that you can use this to do all kinds of dumb stuff to your save, I gave myself a whole bunch of plasmids because it makes going through the early game faster and I lost the save where I was doing black hole resets when I switched laptops.

code:
(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Locate evolve.js in the devconsole
4. Reload the page

Some tips for optimizing:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Aurora posted:

no i just want automation scripts not 'now i have 10000000 of every building'

https://github.com/TMVictor/Evolve-Scripting-Edition/blob/master/README.md

I think only steps 4 and 6 are relevant to you

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Also to mention, the evolve discord is a super pleasant place. All of the info you need is contained in the in-game wiki (a fresh change), but the people in the discord are always very excited to talk about all aspects of the game. The #spoilers channel will get you the info/advice you need in seconds and most stuff I've had questions about was searchable before even having to ask about it.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Peep my thread history and speed it up from the start.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Hughlander posted:

What I normally do is just fork the code and check in a version that does that.

Yeah this is way easier long term.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I'm a weird old person who has a visceral hatred of discord and has no desire to actually be involved in a chatroom about a game.

I miss IRC. Why yes, I am turning 40 this week, why do you ask?

I'm 38 and also grew up with IRC but warmed up to discord a few years ago and it's really pretty great. You can also make the chat look exactly like IRC if you want. As long as you immediately mute whatever server you join, it's pretty seamless.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Nervous posted:

Is there a way to change the tick speed in theresmore like you can in evolve?

I wasn't able to find an "easy" way, and the source isn't available.

Edit: the roundabout way is to grab an older version of chromium that supports the --nosandbox arg then target the specific chromium process with cheat engine.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 3, 2022

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Agreed, YC is great and the new automation improvement is super helpful. I've made a few edits to the code (larger passive party size, longer formation duration, longer shop boost times, a bunch of others) to make it a little more 'fun' to play actively as well. Def one of my top incrementals

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I really wish monster passives were always active and balanced around that.

I wasn't a fan of that either so I edited the game to allow all pets to be active at once. I made a few other edits too if people are interested. YC is a great game but gets pretty tedious at certain points until you learn the exact paths to take to reincarnate the fastest.

Things I changed: Formations last an hour (so I didn't have to micro AOE), Max passive party size to 50, Increased shop item duration to a few days instead of an hour, Allow for DR after a minute instead of an hour, Allow to leave the village even if you accidentally click to leave with Norn so you don't have to swap out your party to get Norn to cast 10 times which fucks up the max party size thing I changed, raised Sin cap a little bit higher than the base

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 23, 2023

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Post poste posted:

These all sound like great edits.
Are they for the web version only?

They're for the steam version. If you DM me here or on discord (preferably (garfu#0001)) I can send the dll. I still have to make the edits for the latest version though.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

https://garfu.dev/Domain.dll

Formations: 1 hour duration, 2 second cooldown
Party size: 50. Passive party display cuts off around 10 but they are still active, will need to remove party members to sort the list better
Shop item duration: a lot longer
DR time: 1 minute instead of 1 hour
DR multiplier: 10x
Norn miss-click protector: No longer need Norn to cast 10 spells to leave village if leaving with Norn
Sin cap increase: not sure exact amount but it's not much cause that kinda breaks stuff
Pay $1 for a billion rubies

Replace the dll in YourChronicle_Data\Managed - back up the original first if you need to switch back without having to redownload

Garfu fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 2, 2023

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

That's a good question, I never tried to switch them so I never ran into that. Next time I update I'll make it a shorter duration but remove the cool down so you can switch easier.

edit: VV yeah it's been a little bit since I played so wasn't sure how exactly it worked. Glad it's like that though!

Garfu fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 2, 2023

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Maigius posted:

Evolve updated and now the script doesn't work. Any ideas on how long it should be before the script is updated again. It's ssooo tedious otherwise.

The guy that makes the script also helps with dev so it shouldn't be long at all

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey dude, sorry for bother but looks like YC did an update last night that is incompatible with your custom DLL. It crashes on boot now. Any thoughts on a fix? Dunno if I can go back to the vanilla mode now. TIA

I updated the post you quoted last night, click the download.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

PizzaFiend posted:

Unfortunately it looks like a recent update to the game stops this from working again. I'm unable to click past the title screen after replacing the file.

I'll update this soon!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The YC hack thing is updated for the newest version: https://garfu.dev/Domain.dll

They moved some code around though so the norn skip and the sin cap increase don't work and I don't play the game anymore so I cba to find the values and edit them sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anfauglir posted:

update broke this again, if you're still willing to update it

Updated. The Norn and Sin cap edit are still broken cause they moved a bunch of stuff around and 10 minutes of searching didn't turn up anything.