Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Enigma posted:

Holy gently caress I found a setting called sharpening in the Nvidia panel and turned it on and now I can actually see poo poo in this game, is this really what it looked like for everyone else?!?

Let’s see some before and afters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is from the destiny thread.

Rubellavator posted:

Shadowplay to capture, Avidemux to clip (use copy codec so it doesn't recompress), uploaded straight to imgur.

Which turns out like

Rubellavator posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HkikftD.mp4 here's me having more fun in 6 seconds of pvp than the entire last year of pve.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I haven't been playing long but why does the game install shaders every time I load it up?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just had the dumbest BR match.

I needed to drive a vehicle for 5 min so I loaded up a solo match.

I also needed to do a mission at the hospital which I was able to knock out easy because it was super far from the circle.

Got in the SUV and started driving around the map just dicking around. I did have another mission to get into the top 15 three times so I was like eh gently caress it I'll just drive around and see how long I survive.

As I was driving around the map I had a guy pop out right in front of me and go splat kill 1 lol.

Kept driving around and came upon a pack of 4 other dudes playing bumper cars. We rammed each other for awhile and some dude came along and tried taking one of the vehicles out and I managed to run him over kill 2.

The other guys hosed off to another part of the map and I kept driving in circles doing jumps and stuff. Decided to switch to another car and see how it drove and I got out of the SUV and a dude pops out from behind a rock and I manage to head shot him (I got lucky) kill 3.

Get in the buggy as the circle closes in (25 people left). Keep driving around and see some dude running up the road in front of me and I plow right into him kill 4!

Keep driving as the circle closes down and I see one dude running out in the open and I try and run him down but he manages to dodge me and throw some C4 down and blow the poo poo out of my buggy. Its ok though I was 14th haha

So dumb but hey I lasted till I was in the top 15. I really do enjoy running people over though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

It should only do it after patches, unless you're not letting it actually finish installing them.

Yeah it says install complete and I've done it 3 times and it keeps installing pack 3 every time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

C4 being a one hit kill to any vehicle in a 45 nautical mile radius is bullshit

Yeah I wasn't that close to the c4 when the dude set it off and it exploded me. I wish I could have recorded it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

So, it will do it in 2 instances that i know of: after patches and if you upgrade/reinstall gfx drivers.

There are also multiple shader packs to install, multiplayer, campaign and I think coop. It only installs one at a time.

Oh ok thanks! I’ll keep an eye on it then. It’s not a huge deal just weird.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Are you severely hamstrung in Warzone if you're F2P?

OK after reading some of the replies I think I'm confused as to what this actually means.

Does it mean buying the COD game or is there some other part I'm missing?

I've just been playing a lot of Warzone but are there other modes I'm missing here?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

If you buy Modern Warfare you'll have access to the campaign and more importantly the smaller/faster playing multiplayer modes. It's a lot easier to level your gunz with the modes that are quick respawn and dense with targets, which in turn will let you tune your loadout drops to taste so you can have access to them in the Warzone.

If you don't care to do Modern Warfare your best bet to grind that poo poo out is the 50v50 skirmish mode and Plunder.

Also not for nothing you get a lot of cosmetic options just by playing the campaign mode and doing some multiplayer challenges.

Ok thanks this makes more sense.

Maybe I'll just have to get MW I like Warzone but drat some of these matches take fuckin forever. I just wanna get on and kill some dudes.

I guess I'll have to decide if I wanna get it on PC or Xbox then.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gasoline posted:

Get it on console so you can just turn cheaters off in normal multiplayer

Ok cool thanks.

I found a key for 41 bucks and I'm good with that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MF_James posted:

I'd recommend PC, but that's me, the game runs 100% smoother on PC provided you aren't using a shitbox, you can increase your FOV and mouse is obviously better than controller.

The FOV thing is pretty big, plus you can actually see stuff on a PC/monitor; I'm pointing out stuff to console players constantly when I'm spectating because they can't see it either due to poo poo rendering or the lower FOV.

I was gonna get it on the PC but I couldn't find it for cheap so I'll stick to the One X for now.

I'll probably pick it up for the PC if I ever see it on sale though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Even without Warzone it's a good deal. It's a really full featured game with a really fun single player and an absolute fuckton of multiplayer content that gets updated frequently. I can't imagine just having warzone because it's so satisfying to just go and blast dudes after dude in multi after a bad round of WZ.

Awesome thanks!

Now I'll just wait for a good deal on the PC version haha.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

God drat the way xbox handles installs is fuckin stupid.

I remoted downloaded the game to my Xbox thinking that should let me play. It downloaded 3 different packs or whatever. I go to play the game and it says I need to install 3 more packs before I can play....

FFS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

Are there any good/cheap Xbox headphones? Trying to play with tv speakers is getting untenable especially when I’m playing during lunch hours and my wife is trying to be professional on a conference call

How much are you looking to spend?

I'd just get something like,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0818YMXR...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

You could also just use any earbuds you have laying around in the mean time. :shrug:

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 24, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pivo posted:

I use DT770s with Modmic. Probably cost about as much as gaming headsets but so much better.

That wouldn't work on the Xbox though right? You'd need something with an inline mic.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I know that CDN currency is whacky but $40 for a fuckin y cable is nuts. lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pivo posted:

It was a poo poo link sorry, sellers on Amazon be stupid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Male-TRRS-to-2-Female-TRS-Audio-Connector-TRRS-Y-Splitter-Cable-Adapter-/172241771011

I meant to convey the idea of TRRS male to 2x TRS female.

Yeah I was mostly joking.

I guess I hadn't thought that was a thing and I'm not sure why.

That seems like a good solution if you want the most quality set up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does the stuff I unlock and level up on the Xbox one version carry over if I play war zone on the Pc? It seems like it does because it’s one unified account but I’m not 100% sure

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

it shriveled up posted:

Update just started for me, ~17.5 gigs on PC.

God drat lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How much though?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’ll buy it anyways

(It’s $24)

Man...

(I probably will).

THPS comes out this week though!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It's a full game with basically every multiplayer mode you'd expect from COD, a full length campaign, CO-OP, large scale BF style battles, small scale 2v2 stuff...

The battle Royale mode didn't even come out until 6 months after the game was released. The new one doesn't even have a BR.

TBF I had no idea either because the game only popped up on my radar because of the BR mode.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jerman999 posted:

I am also on console. Haven't played much with the goons on discord but recently set up discord to play with some friends -- actually pretty easy. Plug in some earbuds to your phone (the standard apple earbuds that come with every iphone work fine), put one bud in your ear and make sure people can hear you over the mic, then put your headset over it. Then join the voice channel on your phone. Pretty smooth.

You forgot the most important thing.

Turn on noise suppression and or push to talk.

Some people are drat noisy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Im wondering what set up causes you to hear the game in someones background so that you have like a one second delay between hearing it then hearing it through their mic and why the gently caress does at least 1 person per match seem to have that set up.

They are dumbasses.

Noise suppression helps a lot but push to talk should be mandatory IMO.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pivo posted:

Nah PTT in shooters sucks. I used to rock PTT everywhere but I put in the effort to configure my levels properly and use a decent mic (ModMic, not $$$$) and its fantastic. Pretty rarely do I see it activate when I’m not talking. Call outs are much easier. Just make sure you bind a global key to mute mic (or get an inline switch) so you can do noisy stuff without annoying everyone. I rock Krisp.io for AI noise cancelling too (it’s integrated into Discord these days but I subbed to it for work) and people often say my mic levels are 👌 and voice is clear. NVIDIA’s AI noise suppression is awesome too if you are on Turing!

Just put a tiny bit of effort into your setup and you too can have really a enjoyable effortless voice chat experience.

Of course people who can’t be bothered to configure things properly should use PTT. Open mics are annoying. That is another good reason to play with Discord goons because ppl will mock you for egregious open mic. I try to leave voice open when I play MP with randos but 9/10 of games the chucklefucks cause me to hit F9

Ok well obviously this but for the other 99% PTT!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

yall just jealous

Kinda surprised that there are so many people with that first name there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pivo posted:

Jackfrags said in his 3080 video that he plays at 1440, OBS NVENC to 75Mbit 1440p, renders project down to 40Mbit 1440p.
https://youtu.be/dwT-eU3T9D0?t=349

I mean if you blow up the video on a 1440p monitor, the guy IS visible but he's very small. Once you notice him it's like, oh yeah, that's not part of the building. But also think of what's going on. Buddy up ahead just pinged near that area. He's not just running, he's looking that way. He also plays a shitload of FPS. You're also seeing 60fps stomped on by YouTube compression after that, he's seeing 120+ fps crystal clear. I think you'd probably see a guy running in front of the pharmacy from ~60m away too, if you're honest. Just maybe a bit later than Jack!

Thanks for sharing this video. Super informative.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also WZ ain’t going anywhere.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can you only use that in WZ?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Does the PC version ever go on sale? I got the Xbox version pretty cheap but I'd kinda like both TBH

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1309183225751908352?s=12

What's the point of the train if you aren't in danger of being hit by it

Oh come on now! That would have been hilarious.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

anyone who lays down in shipment deserves to be shot into the sun

Lol why? I played like two hours of it last night.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

happyhippy posted:

What the gently caress.

SBMM

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Getting 10 sliding kills with the shotgun was the hardest thing I’ve had to do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Using claymores on shipment is fun. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How TF am I supposed to get kills with the cold blooded perk? I’ve got it on but it’s not giving me kills?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

You have to say something particularly hurtful.

I’ve been yelling at the screen but it’s not working.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No but for real why doesn’t the ticket go up when I have the cold blooded perk equipped?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I believe it goes live late this evening/early morning depending on time zones. So, if i remember correctly its usually like 11pm PST?

It’s weird that the current one ends before the new one drops.

This is the first one I’ve actually played I just found that weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Lol update is 90 gigabytes

Lol an additional 90? Wtf