Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Halloween Jack posted:

Whoever has the urn can summon and control the Undertaker if their level is high enough.

Taker ignored orders!

Taker used Not Feeling It!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that feels like something chikara might've done at one point, only with family-friendly spins on all the crimes

get some stunt kid in the crowd in on it so the top heel can literally steal candy from a baby

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
did they share what some of the distinguishing features of yoga body are?

1.) newfound ability to spit flame and teleport short distances

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
great story, could've done without the part where they picnicked at or near a huge mural fawning over confederate heroes

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
jericho was there for six months in 96 if that counts

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lawler's matter-of-fact "that's it, he's dead" was occasionally funny

nothing else remotely positive comes to mind

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

bartok posted:

Who is the worst wrestler to have a 4 star or higher singles match?

Dave gave the Shane/Angle Street Fight ****

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I love that Ishii just bolts from the scene in the first clip, clearly knowing that he's about to burst out laughing and that there's no way he can stop it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
this isn't flying

this is falling, with style

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the highest "generation" of wrestlers a family has gotten to? Pretty sure there's several third generation I just can't think of them.

The von Erichs are third generation now, with Ross and Marshall wrestling in MLW and Lacey having had her stint in TNA.

The Guerreros also count with both Chavo Jr. and Shaul (Eddie and Vicki's daughter).

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Unperson_47 posted:

This is cool, I've always wondered if there's ever been a champ who took no pride in the belt and treated it with their disdain publicly.

not quite as bad, but there is the time that Tama Tonga chucked his newly-won ROH tag title in response to Enzo and Cass showing up without his knowledge, calling it "garbage" and a "piece of poo poo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6W1VyR6wc

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Dawgstar posted:

Unironically somebody should bring back 'guy eats a sandwich while squashing a jobber' back.

they're already halfway there with Butcher and his pork chop

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pay Terry Funk to teach all wrestlers how to throw a proper punch

be a pretty short lesson as Foley established in his book that Funk just clocked people

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I distinctly remember Test being DQed once for the same thing because he was being hosed with by Stephanie at the time and she was ringside to force the ref to make that call

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
acting is fake
pro wrestling is real
- mr. anderson

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gaz-L posted:

It's also maybe the last time Trips wrestling was actually a good idea. (Was the title run where he had the banger with Mox after that, I forget?)

After, Wrestlemania 30 was in 2014 and his title run was in 2016.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
this was when Tama proved he was the realest, an all-time moment right there

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
this reminds me that WWE straight up lied to a GLAAD representative after the climax of the Billy and Chuck angle had been taped, telling him that their wedding had gone off without a hitch

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I would never, Cav, you're my favorite :love:

https://www.outsports.com/2013/3/4/4064614/glaad-we-were-lied-to

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kosmo Gallion posted:

He beat Big Show so he won a match at least.

to be fair Gowen had the Orchestrator of the Women's Revolution Stephanie McMahon on his side

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Vince was just as good at fighting Marines as HBK

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Five minutes? That was barely two and a half. It was as great as a match that short can be, but yeah, I don't think it's anywhere near *****.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Dame el iggy por favor

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The tallest genuinely great wrestler might be Giant Baba at 6'10".

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The best thing that resulted from the Brawl for All was the DSOTR episode detailing it, specifically the bit where The Godfather described how his then-wife got pissed at him for losing and blamed the loss on the massive amount of pot he'd smoked before the fight

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Dave gave it **** but I don't remember enjoying it nearly that much. Bucks pulled a fine match out of a completely past their prime Hardys but nothing exceptional.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

This wasn't something he was hiding from the company like the Boogeyman tried

Wait, what's the story here? This is my first time hearing of it.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Whole thing's on YouTube, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEac30lPBE

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

CommonShore posted:

wolf tickets

I learned a new phrase today :eng101:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I think New Jack/Gypsy Joe had been over for a while by the time the cops showed up

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
His re-debut on RAW was less than two months after his final match in NJPW, so it's probably the latter.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Nope, Brodus is just the biggest name Corgan could draw and he's an even bigger chud than ol' Billy Pumpkins.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Asteroid Alert posted:

Tanahashi also puts a lot of noise into his actions.

In his case it might be because his knees are exploding in agony with every movement he makes

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Earlier today I was thinking about Cody's run as Stardust - more specifically, I was thinking about the famously bad match he had against Dustin near the end of that run, and how they put on a classic the next time they met at Double or Nothing 2019. Is there another case in wrestling history of there being such a wide disparity in quality between two consecutive contests featuring the same competitors?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Venomous posted:

Hogan/Warrior 1 was one of the best matches that either of them ever wrestled. Hogan/Warrior 2 is one of the worst matches of all time

Oh, good call - that might be the very worst in terms of difference in WOR ratings (***3/4 to -*****)

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, Rude vs Chono in the G1 and then at Halloween Havoc 92. In between Austin broke Chono's neck (on guess what kind of piledriver!) and Chono came back wayyyyyyyyyy too early.

That's fascinating, I wasn't even aware that Austin broke Chono's neck (much less the way he did it!)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
IIRC it's also infamous for being where KENTA/Hideo Itami got injured by one of those green-as-grass rookies, derailing his Fed career before it ever really began.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I know this isn't exactly what you mean, but there was the triple threat at WM2000 where Angle lost the European title to Jericho and the IC title to Benoit.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SG Bamboo posted:

Good wrestling, tech issues

Good Wrestling, Tech Issues: The NJPW US Story

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

D.N. Nation posted:

they even made (lovely) shirts!

That's another question, is there any other instance of merchandise acting as a red herring in the same way the Y2AJ shirts did? It seemed ridiculous that WWE would make merch for a team that would only last a matter of weeks, but, well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sex Farm posted:

What about table match? Anyone just immediately get thrown off the apron through one or something

The Big Show vs. Cody table match was a squash until Cody won lol