Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Are there any other wrestling Youtube/Video content providers other than Botchamania or BDWJ1989 worth checking out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I was looking through my scummy wrestling stories because I thought thats where I thought i had first heard the same thing but its not in there.

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

Lots of homophobia and this portent of the future

51. Tammy Sytch has phone sex with indy guys.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

is there a consensus on who has worked the most matches? Adrian Street claimed to have done between 12k and 15k matches

I have nothing to back this up but how bout Liger? Hes been working consistently for so long.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Nystral posted:

I see you frequently visited LordsOfPain as well.

I thought I was such hot poo poo in middle school with all my scoops.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Monkeycheese posted:

Im just curious if anyone knows of any secret techniques to being able to wear a lucha mask and glasses simultaneously.
I don't use contacts so as far as i know my choice is dorking it up with a mask at a show or being able to distinguish detail amongst the blobs

Cut holes for your ears? Get a SuperCalo mask that incorporates glasses?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

The knee bend at impact kinda helps it not be so awful and if you hit off center and fall off of the guy it lessens the compression but also looks awful.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

What were famous/infamous instances wherein people (especially those involved in the industry) got worked into a shoot?

How bout the time Tank Abbot put a knife to someone's throat? I dont think that was worked out before hand.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Re: Gay panic in wrestling

I did a homosexual gimmick during the tale end of my wrassling career in Texas. I was Gavin Arliss Young or GAY, from the Red Light District of San Francisco. I had a tag team/life partner Sassy McBottoms and our entrance music was "I known what boys like" by the Waitress's and our tag team was the Holy Order of Men Only or HOMO.

I would mince about and had lots of crotch based offence. I'd sneak kisses on my opponents during lock ups or pin attempts ect.

At the time, I thought this would be a great way to get heat. In exchange for being a heel, I thought I wouldn't have to work as hard at the actual wrestling. I'd been through a serious concussion and was doubting my abilities as a performer. This wasnt the case.

I thought it would be funny, but in Tyler Texas they had a different sense of humor. Their idea of funny was to whip AA batteries at me. One time after a show I was getting dressed and this good ole boy walks right up to me and goes "We don't go fer that f****t poo poo here in Tyler" and flipped open his pocket knife at me. I stammered and went "uh uh uh its fake! I'm married!" showing him my wedding ring and then he says "oh! Want some whiskey?" and offered me his flask.

In hindsight it's pretty embarrassing and was just an attempt to use real prejudice for my own personal gain.

What's odd is there is another homosexual styled wrestler in north texas named Max Muscules and hes a HUGE chud.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I once was billed as "weighing less than a stuffed envelope"

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Asteroid Alert posted:

Do we have a secret cabal of goon workers? Would be fun to network and shoot the poo poo.

Edit: Am just a mere ref, but still.

I wrestled.... holy jeesus like 18 years ago at this point

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

It's because of Max Moon :colbert:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I would find random poo poo around the venue, screwdrivers, box cutters, rulers, pre packaged food or candy, other peoples gear or keys ect and hide them on my person and not tell the ref. I'd have some obvious lumps in my gear and I would fegin ignorance till he got them all.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Poasty posted:

Two questions, second is a "fun" one

2. What is your idea for wrestling that would make things objectively worse? I thought of a foul system where if the wrestler gets a foul he has to pin the opponent twice to win.

Gimmicked limbs. Blading 2.0

Just figure out a way to safely remove and reattach a limb again and again. Magnets maybe

It would be so cool if LuchaSarus pulled off Adam Cole's leg or something

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I learned Abdullah the Butcher was in movies and a bunch of other stuff.
This whole video is pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfkGIHCOu0&t=1249s

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Jeff Jarretts catchphrase was him spelling his own name in an annoying way. That tells you everything you need to know about him.

Back when he was trying to get SLAPNUTS going a local indy guy thought he could get the same kinda oomph with his own catch phrase of TOUCH HOLE and some how that was worse that SLAPNUTS

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I think she also worked a Mania or some show with a broken rib

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Looten Plunder posted:

Blading Stuff

I was told during my time you either give the blade to the ref or it goes in your pocket so no marks see what's going on.

heck I bladed only once, stuck the thing in the tiny coke pocket of my black denim shorts I called "gear" and forgot about it. found it still in there many months later.

most blades are just like a tiny corner of razor blade wrapped up in tape, like 1/8th or less of an inch.. just a sliver of razor sticking out

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Havoc904 posted:

What is one canceled part of wrestling you wish you could have seen more of?

It can be a gimmick (Seven or Kerwin White), an angle (Vince getting blown up), the WCW relaunch in 2001, etc etc.

Gavok posted:

- Blitzkrieg.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Minidust posted:

I loved the early Shotgun Saturday Night vibe where they did tiny club venues and weird stuff like Penn Station, before it just became the typical "low-card matches taped before Raw" show. I assume it was just way more trouble than it was worth logistically.

Pile drivers on escalators!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I remember alarming my non-fan friends who enjoyed it by explaining that Necro stapling dollar bills into his head wasn't movie magic.

When he worked Abdullah the Butcher in NWA-SW I saw some kid after the match go "see I told you the blood was fake" and dipped his finger into some blood on the apron and then stuck his finger in his mouth. Ugh

I'm in the back on the bleachers near the entrance way

https://youtu.be/cbAI3aBjo28

I again met Necro sometime later in the ring during my very first wrestling match.

http://cautionlowflyingwords.blogspot.com/2021/01/how-i-met-necro-butcher.html?m=1

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I've been looking for a specific article of clothing.
It's a La Parka hoodie.

I can't remember if I included CMLL or AAA in my search. this thing was badass but it was about 5 years ago on eBay when I stumbled on this hoodie that had the same accents and styling as La Parkas gear but have had no luck tracking it down.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Does Eddie using a powerbomb because Kawada said so count?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Numero6 posted:

Ain't he great.

Is there any correlation to the amount of musical instruments he has destroyed and the amount of tickets he has sold to wrestling events?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Anyone get any wrassle stuff for Christmas?

My parents got me this art print and a WWE belt fanny pack/beer cooler

https://twitter.com/TheSkinnyMenace/status/1739346026425929743?t=iJKnfMy3Jly46s_908vgwQ&s=19

And my wife got me the TEXAS DEATH shirt

https://twitter.com/TheSkinnyMenace/status/1739345205961383967?t=BBzCs1BYyqf7a3Sgy20gqQ&s=19

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I'm sure that had no ulterior motive & was purely because the bikers were big Skrewdriver fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

How do spots get called in the ring specifically? Do they just workout before hand and say " i'm gonna do x, y, and z moves do you know how to take them?"

This is how lots of wrestling works. It's lil talk beforehand. Some folks like to work out every single move, other times you just work out the opening and the finish n make up the middle. There are also instances where you don't get to talk before hand at all and you have to do it on the fly.

But even if you work it out before you still talk in the ring. "Duck one watch the spin kick" ect