Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Streak posted:

Give them their loving sound byte. Who cares. Your base knows the question is bullshit to begin with. Why are you trying to win over people who would shy away from medicare 4 all if they heard taxes would go up? Those people are Republicans anyway. Why is Elizabeth Warren caring so much about what Republicans think? Ohhhhhh yeah right because she is one lol

Handle it like Bernie does and call it out as the republican talking point that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Immensely strong negative endorsement. This is like finding out Ted Bundy loves your hairstyle.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Kokoro Wish posted:

poo poo, I legit teared up at this.

Same! This is how we win. If we can’t go through the media, we go around them.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

Well, it's like the difference between Obama being proud of his Kenyan/Muslim ancestry and the Republicans yelling that he's a Kenyan Muslim all the time to trigger racists.

Context.

Saying somebody worked in law enforcement when they promoted that themselves is not the same as saying a lie about someone.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Am I nuts or is Buttigieg’s campaign manager the same Lis Smith who got her toes sucked in a hot tub by Eliot Spitzer?!

Edit: IT’S HER

selec fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 6, 2019

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I was thinking about the “Bernie is a antisemitic” thing and asked myself what the next step in the galaxy brain meme would be. I think it’s “voting for Bernie is antisemitic because if he wins it will fuel conspiracy theories that Jews run the world” and I hesitated for a moment like “naw that is too crazy” but I think somebody’s gonna try it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hosted a Bernie canvass from our living room here in Iowa City yesterday, will be having some out of state volunteers staying with us this month too.

We have never bothered to be regular donors, much less canvassers, caucus personnel, and volunteer hosts. We are introvert dorks who prefer a quiet, private life. So if we’re this plugged in and active, Something Is Happening.

Also:

Castro’s endorsement of Warren is important information. Party insiders obvs fear/know that Sanders is the real deal, and even people in the Sanders/Warren lane know previous Obama admin experience may not be a positive resume builder for trying to get hired by a Sanders admin.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

oxsnard posted:

I'm a member of the PMC. What powers do I have? I'm genuinely curious what you mean by this

Your deep thoughts get posted on LinkedIn or Medium. Theirs go on Facebook. You have guides and books and courses and coaches that can help you perform the expectations society has for you. They have people calling them names if they do the wrong thing. You get training and advancement opportunities just showing up to work. They get voluntary unpaid overtime. Your concerns fit neatly in the mouths of legislators, or at least more neatly than theirs do. You speak the language that gets managers to understand your concerns and bend policy or kick it up the chain, their language only gets a finger pointing at a line in the employee manual as an answer.

I used to be poor, and now I'm not, and the main thing besides having more money that has changed is that I've noticed all the ways society coddles me and cushions me that it didn't used to.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I think this whole poo poo is ginned up, and we should maybe all be a bit wary believing stuff about the candidate who causes aneurysms among the 1% that is being broadcasted by the media companies they own. That would seem to be prudent.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

joepinetree posted:

Or maybe they realized that it is an obvious bad faith story and that any response will just drag it out further. Only gullible idiots and bad faith pundits are picking up the story of the canvassing instructions that are simultaneously being given to the tens of thousands of Bernie volunteers and yet so secretive the reporter has to type it out instead of posting a copy because it would reveal the source.

The reporter literally cited Reality Winner in their twitter mentions when challenged on the retyping thing. Absolutely galaxy brain poo poo. Sanders campaign will rendition you to Vermont and waterboard you with maple syrup, traitor :argh:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

RottenK posted:

why wouldn't warren just confirm it though? there's no reason to think that she has any issues with being a lying sack of poo poo

Because she is personally cowardly. Buzzfeed saying they reconfirmed it with anonymous sources. Warren is trying to have it both ways right now.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sanders campaign is handling this very professionally. Sanders himself denies it in the nicest way possible, staffer gives anonymous quote accusing Warren staffers (not Warren) of lying, which gives Warren the non-confrontational way out of this that she seeks for the debate tomorrow, and makes Sanders look tough and principled.

I’ve seen some higher profile Warren fans framing this as the media trying to set up a fight between them which tells me they’re ready to let her down gently if she throws staff under the bus.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I think chief political correspondent for ABC is having a take stroke on twitter right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1217118920991264768

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

This might be the most infuriatingly stupid take I've ever seen.

It’s off the charts, we broke all the meters

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1217199112203972608

[HAPPENING INTENSIFIES]

selec
Sep 6, 2003

syntaxrigger posted:

She seems like an intern.

Don’t do this. She’s the Register’s political reporter. She does suck though.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

volts5000 posted:

Is there any way I can donate cash to the campaign without a credit card?

Don't ask.

Probably would have to buy a Visa cash card or something?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I am extremely curious to see how the Warren/Sanders spat plays with the wing of the party that pilloried Gillibrand for calling for Franken to resign.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Judakel posted:

No, she needs to show solidarity.

The classiest response is “I wasn’t there, I trust Bernie, and I’m a woman who is in politics because of him. He believed in me, and I never doubted it for a moment.”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

not joseph stalin posted:

Thinking of going to Des Moines this weekend where I have an unexpected four day weekend to canvass for Bernie. Never canvassed but I’ve done some phone banking. Only wanna do it if it could help out. If I was there for three days, would I be more hassle than benefit, like voluntourists to Africa? If I could help, how would I know which city I could help out in?

If not there, then I’d stick to my own midwestern city. We go after Super Tuesday though so not sure how much impact Is have.

It’d definitely help. You are a fellow Midwesterner, you speak our language.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Iowa Update: wife went to Sanders caucus training last night, said about 75 ppl there. We’re going to have a wealth of informed and pumped up people at every precinct. Said the mantra in response to Warren/Biden complaints was “WHEN THEY GO LOW, WE GO KNOCK ON DOORS.”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

How are u posted:

The firing squad is all well and good until suddenly you're the one who is failing the purity test, huh guys?

It’s fine.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

We have been assigned an out of state volunteer to host via our local DSA (Iowa City) chapter. They get here on Wednesday, leave day after caucus. Also I donated another $27 because while Rogan himself has said and done lovely things, redemption has to be possible for humans, and they're joining our franchise, not the other way around, and we need to pull people into the movement for them to recognize that not only their material wants can be political, but that they can learn to care about others who have unmet needs too. We need to help them be ready to stand up for somebody besides themselves.

selec fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

1. Iowa elections officials are anticipating 25-30% increase in participation this year. I follow a few of the local officials on Twitter and they kvetch about how hard it’s been to find locations big enough for expected turnout. They are stressed as hell rn.

2. $27 more to Bernie over this dumb George Wallace poo poo. We will teach our enemies the lesson over and over: smear him with poo poo and we’ll turn it into gold.