Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Arg

I accidentally rejected becoming a "sorry cop" and now I'm very sorry about it. I'd like to go back to an earlier save where I still had the potential to regret. What is the exact threshold of # of copotype thoughts where you get the option to pick a copotype? Three or four?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Does the advancing calendar matter after day three?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, the song the old woman in the fishing village sings is a real world song if people don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHfPYjAkz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre-lJmabAY

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Palpek posted:

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

me me me

Eau de MacGowan posted:

oh god i really shouldnt have shaved

such a bad choice

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
so how do i get the Jamrock Shuffle

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Xander77 posted:

That, Torque Dork and Hardcore Aesthetic seem to be bugged at the moment, since no one figured out how to get them.

ok, they can be for the replay then when the expansion comes out

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I am deeply saddened that googling "Joopson AS Men's Fashion, model "Colourful Tie" Catalogue number j327" turns up nothing

I miss you, beautiful tie friend

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

bob human being posted:

You avoided the closest thing to a trap, which is having 1 health and/or 1 morale. Which is doable, but youd have to always have a stock of supplies and hit the plus over the bar after any hit.

Yeah, really you want a min of 3 in both Phys and Psyche so you have 3/3 in each health category.

I'd say do one stat at 2, two stats at 3, one stat at 4, and put the signature skill in the "2" stat category so it raises the low cap.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Wafflecopper posted:

I'd argue that's not necessary at all. Two in each is plenty as long as you make sure you keep the healing items in good stock.

oh yeah it's not necessary it's just marginally easier.

The metagame build would be 3/3/3/3 and then just use clothing and reroll any missed checks, but that would be boringesque and not disco.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Have the developers explained anywhere, why "disco" ?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Hibbloes posted:

The real bad guy is the one innocuous check in the game you really don’t wanna pass. the raver who throws you the keys- if you miss the hand eye he gives you 25 bucks.

There are a few thoughts you can only get by failing checks, too.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
There are a lot of worse people than Evrart kicking around Martinaise.

If the most likeable people followed the most likeable ideologies the game would be really one dimensional.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I don't get the PoE hate. I'm a huge fan of both PoE games. The development of both games was locked in a lot of ways by the funding model, though.

Has anyone figured out where I can buy the soundtrack for this game and/or the beautiful, beautiful necktie

necktie /endgame spoiler

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/767229025794607861/4DF6BF3948C7A4C9387FFB62E1362DECABC549D4/

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 11, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

wit posted:

stumped me a lot and i gathered crap just for it too. It was worded almost like a promise.

Yeah I was saddened at the absence of subsequent debriefs. I assumed I'd pissed my buddy Kim off somehow.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

wit posted:

gently caress, Did you really think he was your buddy first time? Did everyone else buy that poo poo?

I need a buddy, man

I'm so hosed up and lonely my next best friend is my necktie

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

kim is real and he is my buddy

Kim is real, and strong, and my friend

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

multijoe posted:

They were trying to protect Klassje, who they thought did it in response to being raped by the mercenary. Basically they thought the worst they'd have to deal with was the RCM and weren't aware Krenel would massively escalate the situation taking them at their word that they lynched him.

Never mind that it's extremely possible that escalating the situation was precisely Klassje's job.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Accordion Man posted:

Nah, she wanted to keep a low profile so as not to get murked by the corpo hitmen which is what exactly happens if you arrest her.

Do we *know* that happens or are we trusting her ?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

SardonicTyrant posted:

Church of Saint Saens is incredibly heavy and I love it and want to know if anyone knows a song like it.

The whole OST is by a band called British Sea Power. The original song is Smallest Church in Sussex but I like the OST version more.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Jack2142 posted:

A true comrade would arrest the moralist lapdog.

a TRUE comrade would arrest almost everyone. All of you have failed.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Ok someone find me a photo:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.6720381,1.2769864,337a,35y,140.71h,39.86t/data=!3m1!1e3

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 13, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
OTOH this seems to be the smallest church in sussex, as per the original lyrics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lullington_Church

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Freaking Crumbum posted:

can someone spoil for me what happens if you successfully open the door to the bunker north of the church? i haven't been able to manage more than a 3% success rate, even on my PHY play through, and i'll be damned if i'm going to reload spam for an hour to hit the magic boxcars.

the first time i played through i thought "oh poo poo, maybe that's is how i can get to the island without having to go through the tribunal" but after my second go and reading up on this thread, i think there's no possible way to circumvent those plot points. so what actually happens if you open the bunker door?

As far as I can tell, the door is a lie.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Finish the game, there are optimistic options.

Then go talk to a therapist if you aren't already.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

e-dt posted:

for everyone here who wants the soundtrack, a lot of the songs in the game are adapted from previous British Sea Power songs

SAD FM (boat song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GcsQGVGtPU
The Smallest Church in Saint-Saens (karaoke song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwB6P4mkEA

there's probably more that i haven't found yet

Is the Whirling-in-Rags theme based on any prior BSP songs or is it new for this game?

edit:

crawling through BSP's back catalog there are lots of other references to their music. "Whirling in Rags" is a quote from their song "Hail Holy Queen," "cleaning out the rooms" and "a light above descending" are both song titles, etc.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 14, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
What was the last RPG *with* stats that grew over time and experience, but *without* a combat engine? Monkey Island?

This is really more an "adventure game" Sierra style than a gold box / infinity style tactical combat "RPG".

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 14, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Megazver posted:

It's a Rules-Lite CRPG.

Now I'm imaging a tabletop session of Everyone is John except Everyone is Costeau.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

chaosapiant posted:

Is the Green Pill lady supposed to resemble Dorothy from Golden Girls?

Also, is there any way to play a character in this game that leans left/liberal without being completely capitalist? Or do I have to pick between complete boooojwaaah and communard?

Failure Communist, rabid fascist, spineless moralist, and corrupt capitalist liberal are the only allowed choices.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mystic Stylez posted:

Also I'm kinda mad that I invested heavily on Inland Empire on my first playthrough but never got the tie dialogue and remote viewing and I don't know why. I wanted my second go to be completely different but it feels like I'll have to sink lots of points into IE again. The same thing applies to Shivers and the city straight up asking you to save it, I think?.

You have to actually wear the tie it turns out. Check for SPIRIT BOMB is after meeting Ruby

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

No Mods No Masters posted:

IDK the background of the team as a whole, but if this was the first project of more than a few involved then this game goes from merely goat to actual miracle

From reading the dev interviews, this apparently the "best of" campaign they wrote skimmed off the top of about 15 years of tabletop roleplay.

It also seems like they have pretty intense public eastern european university art background.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Unormal posted:

Welp finished it, 20 hours; all other games are garbage. So much for video games.

I keep telling everyone, come read books! They're great!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Unormal posted:

Wow what am I supposed to do, have my *own* internal life while reading them? Sounds terrible. No thanks.

think of it as interactive fiction!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Fruits of the sea posted:

So, reviews for this are pretty solid- if I enjoyed the new Torment and Tyranny, should I just go ahead and buy this or wait for patches?

why are you sitting here asking us when you could be a hobocop *right now*

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Fellatio del Toro posted:

it's completely in character to change into your tracksuit before attempting certain feats of athleticism

When Titus is talking about rumours they'd heard about you before you showed up, one of them is that you had "odd taste in clothing."

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

eric ciaramella posted:

Where do I find the bullet traces at the boardwalk? I've been up and down and can't find anything to interact with.

Move on to other tasks, you'll resolve that as you follow the main quest.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I thought that was what the bench was for

But yeah, pawn things

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Ok did anyone make the I possible reaction speed check while reading the Dick Mullen novel

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

i painted some fanart

SuperstART Cop!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

itry posted:

Ahem. So I found this custom ties site and...

Who'll be the brave soul that'll buy this first? :v:

https://www.zazzle.com/z/p0fyd

gently caress, sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

itry posted:

I was just playing with the Horrific Necktie png from the wiki. And you can too.

I might give it another go with some editing to fit their guidelines.

Let us know once it's "done" !