Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

SlightlyMad posted:

There are a shitload of things you can do and be.

Is anyone not going to max out "Inland Empire" to play as Eastern European Dale Cooper for their first run, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

GreyjoyBastard posted:

remember, if you're about to attempt a difficult physical feat, remove your shoes and pants

and maybe consider doing that in the game as well

especially when grabbing the RCM cloak

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

(Endgame) I can too be a 50/50 apologetic centrist and turbocommunist, Kim, we shall make excuses for the terror

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

Amazing.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you (day 4+ spoiler) show up to the Tribunal without your gun?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

What would be the funniest political alignment + copotype for a 1/1/1/1 failcop run?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

Same thing for Coptypes. Sorrycop? Artcop? Do these completely change my character in an irreversible way?

You can (mild gameplay spoiler) adopt multiple copotypes and forget them like any other thought

For what it's worth, making a horribly imbalanced detective with wildly inconsistent beliefs is absolutely part of the fun

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

What was everyone's favourite moment in the game? Excluding the ending, karaoke and the dance off, as those are easy answers!

"But we are the police..."

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hey, I'm gonna replay this game for the first full time since it came out to play alongish with a friend. On my first playthrough I was a GIANT COMMUNIST. I've heard that the game (maybe just the endgame sequence?) can acknowledge if you have multiple, even conflicting ideologies. Anyone done this? I'm curious what kind of thing the game says and what might be a fun playthough.

IIRC the developers accounted for and advertised the possibility of opting into all of the ideologies simultaneously

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Biggest highlight of Hardcore 1/1/1/1 failcop run so far: dying on day 2 by repeatedly yelling "COCK CAROUSEL" at the increasingly concerned Hardie boys

e: this is a good build by day 3, right

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 29, 2020

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Still things I've never seen in this game. Garte's love quest, sure, but how do you bring it up to the HB's?

Fail the check to "prove your authority to Titus", and pick the option "The same thing happened to my friend Garte over there..."

As I discovered the hard way, you take Health damage every time you say "cock carousel", unlike that one conversation with Joyce

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Finished my 1/1/1/1 hardcore failcop run (final stats, thought cabinet). It was a bit less exciting than I'd hoped - you lose out on a lot of the skill dialogue, and the learning caps are a PITA early on - but somehow lucking into passing the karaoke check was so much sweeter

Lost my poo poo at the dialogue option you get for (final scene) collecting all of the guns

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

My favorite cross-skill dialogue is this bit when you opt into Moralism:

quote:

EMPATHY: Tsk, tsk. Just because you live in the *present* doesn’t mean you have the right to place your needs above the needs of the *future*… You may never live to see the Kingdom of Conscience. Your children may not. Even your *grandchildren* might not. But that’s no excuse not to keep working…
LOGIC: What rationality…
VOLITION: What sangfroid...
ELECTROCHEMISTRY: WHAT A loving JOKE!

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Incidentally, if you had the millions to make the game fully voice-acted, who would you cast for the various skills?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

Not having enough money in the second night is also possible which is another roadblock, unless that was fixed in a patch?

They added the option to (achievement spoiler) try sleeping in the trash container outside the Whirling-In-Rags, which gives you a game over and lets you reload from an earlier save

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

tripwood posted:

Can someone plz make this avatar sized I gotta get rid of this one since the creator of KoL turned out to be a wife beater

Like this?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

idea: use the TF2 voices in 15.ai to voice the skills until the Final Cut is out (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/hbhfbpU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Having GLaDOS read the Kingdom of Conscience internalization flavor text is oddly fitting.

That works too well...