Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Evergreen post: America is hoping House Democrats find their spine today and move forward with impeaching the President for [list of all the criminal and ethics violations from this administration].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Jesus christ guys. I have been busy launching a game and am getting caught up on the news for the last week...

I posted this on page one.

“Evergreen post: America is hoping House Democrats find their spine today and move forward with impeaching the President for [list of all the criminal and ethics violations from this administration.]”

That was four days and 180 posts ago.

It is a bit surreal to step away and come back to see four years of news happen in four days.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

DrNutt posted:

Truly a tin foil position given what he did with the supreme Court, definitely beyond the pale for old Turtle McConnell

It’s not that it is beneath him to do that, it is just significantly more politically advantageous for him to hold the trial and the vote.

If he denies the trial, Democrats have an incredibly easy path for painting Senate Republicans as covering ip for Trump in an openly corrupt manner.

If he has the trial and Republicans simply vote against removal from office, they and Trump have a path to spin it as Trump being “exonerated”.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

The one thing we can absolutely be certain of is that no Republican Senators are going to bat an eye at a refusal to comply with subpoenas. The other stuff matters, but the "process crimes" of not complying with Democrats demands are a feature, not a bug to them.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Well, now we know Trump is sunk. Gowdy destroys all that he touches.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1182204153470291968

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Stereotype posted:

You should get banned every single day in order to proportionally support the forums.

You don't even have an avatar or platinum

People still responding to the obvious troll? His first post on his account was from March 2018 on the diet and exercise megathread, where he stated he "cant afford healthcare to see a doctor or therapist".

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483424&pagenumber=1487&perpage=40#post482236115

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1184883525234941953

lol no, by safe they mean safe for turks obviously

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1184882587610824704

but as trump says "that's nobody's business but the turks'"

So Pence's negotiation response was to say "stop the violence, and we agree to force the kurds out of the territory you were trying to capture?"

How is that even supposed to work?

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Kavros posted:

i need ... a complete list of why i should hate Gabbard. Because she seems terrible, yet I have concertedly ignored her up to this point and not bothered to learn much about her. She just seemed like a dumb weird cop that crudely stenciled "democrat" over her blood red cop badge.

She pretends to be anti-interventionist when her voting record shows her to be "pro dropping bombs on muslims" and merely anti "things russia doesn't like" for some reason. In her own words...

"When it comes to the war against terrorists, I’m a hawk. When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I’m a dove."

1: She joined Republicans in that bill they passed condemning Obama for not using the words "radical Islamic extremism" enough.
2: She has never met a military budget increase she hasn't supported and voted for.
3: She voted three different times to continue the Authorization for Use of Military Force that has been sitting around since the 9/11 attacks.
4: She was the sole democratic vote in favor of the American Security Against Foreign Enemies Act, which prevented the US from taking in refugees from the Syrian conflict.
5: She has repeatedly run cover for Assad, and to this day suggests that the people in Khan Sheikhun used chemical weapons on themselves in a secret plot to draw America into the war (a position rejected by the inspectors on the ground and the international community, but promoted by Putin) https://www.tulsi2020.com/record/reports-chemical-attacks-syria

Basically, on domestic stuff she is pretty good, but on her foreign policy votes you can predict her vote essentially with 100% accuracy based on asking yourself the question: "Does this hurt muslims?" and "Does this help Russia?"

LegendaryFrog fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 25, 2019

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1188351589892984832

Reset the clock.

There's already video purported to be the aftermath on twitter.

Yeah, going on twitter is a bad idea right now.

At this point the clock feels permanently stuck at 0. I already see it becoming normalized.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Prester Jane posted:

So your plan is to rely on an (opportunistic) amoral psychopath to stick to his morals/be loyal to the cause when the other team will be offering him everything and the sun to flip sides?

I do not think you have thought your plan out very deeply friend.

The odds of Joe Manchin actually flipping parties seems low unless it is as a pre-retirement gesture. He's a conservative democrat, but there is no way in hell he would survive a Republican Primary in WV.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

I will never stop smiling it Mitch losing his senate race ended up being the deciding seat that swung the Senate blue next year

So proud of my democrat friends back home right now.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Something that’s been bugging me, we all know that Trump has so many judicial vacancies to fill because McConnell obstructed Obama’s picks. But Republicans only took control of the Senate in the 2014 midterms so Obama was obstructed from January 2015-17. Did 100 vacancies really open up in just 2 years? How did that happen?

Obstruction occurred much sooner than that. The "nuclear option" to get rid of the filibuster for appeals court judicial nominations and other executive branch positions was only enacted at the end of November 2013. There were already more than 100 backlogged nominations that were being blocked from discussion before that happened, due to Republicans filibustering quite nearly every nomination for every position because "Black man bad".

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

SirPablo posted:

Y'all remember the woman (an "AZ Patriots Leader") that interrupted a Tucson City Council meeting, spouting immigration BS, and was heartily laughed at by Green Shirt Guy? And how she was arrested recently for stealing credit card points to go to a concert?

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/az-patriots-leader-jennifer-harrison-arrested-for-identity-theft-11378495

She's in the running for my favorite chud. Anytime I bring someone new to a progressive event here in Phoenix, I get to introduce them to Nazi Jen who will, like clockwork, be there to yell slurs and hold up her Trump sign... every... time.

Between defacing mosques with a 5 year old in tow, to yelling racial slurs at sitting congressmen, to getting repeatedly arrested for (insert criminal misdemeanor of the month here), she is a real treasure.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

I think... and I'm going to go out on a limb here... that perhaps Biden might not be a great candidate.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

National polls aren't worth anything in the early primary. Early state polls are where it is at. There is reason to be optimistic about Iowa and New Hampshire, but Biden still enjoys the same 20 point "good luck catching up to this lead" advantage in South Carolina that portends a southern sweep on Super Tuesday that Clinton did in 2016. South Carolina numbers are what you really need to see start moving away from Biden before getting too excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Ice Phisherman posted:

They're not just for other people. Part of writing is wrestling with myself and what I believe. I'm in the process of redefining my identity after something you might call an epiphany, or maybe just a moment of realization after a very long process. A lot of this writing is for myself, but a lot of writing has a performative part to it as I respond better while under pressure. At the same time I'm increasingly embracing something that you could call radical authenticity and that means taking the filters off. I suppose some people could do it all at once, but for me it's something of a process. And as I have few people to model my behavior on and no mentor, it's going to be a stumbling, fumbling process.....

It seems worthy to start a D&D thread on the subject of interest then, rather than putting it in the middle of a multi thousand page thread on US politics. That way you and the people interested in these subjects can opt in, and the people that are just looking for updates on "what stupid thing has Trump done today?" or election results don't have to keep "WTF?"ing in this topic as they spend 20 minutes scrolling through text walls.

I like effort posts. I want to read them. What I don't want is 20 more pages of a IP effort post followed by a dozen posts asking you why you bother. It's good content on an important topic... let's get a dedicated thread for religious discussion going.