Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Madkal posted:

I am already seeing the right wing trolls posting about Biden and conspiracy theories related to his sons

It's a strategic error to think people care about Biden imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's win-win for me because he's an awful candidate who shouldn't even be in the race, so if this accidentally exposes something bad for him that's fine

Exactly. He's already been performing worse in the primary polls. The response to right wing extremists trying to smear Biden is a simple "Yeah he loving sucks. Anyway, did you see what the President did!?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This seems to represent a pretty dramatic shift from their usual spin. Guess the Republicans aren't feeling so confident about this one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dubar posted:

at this exact moment, the house is (unanimously!) passing a strongly worded letter which says, among other things, that the president cant do that

I bet he can

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I just remembered that Trump wields the pardon.

It could get Barr, and others, off the hook here.

This would not help Trump or the GOP.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wilhelm posted:

This is probably going to wash out into the 10000 other things - Trump's removal will happen at the ballot box or not at all

The complete destruction of Trump’s legislative agenda seems like a pretty good outcome

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like how they threw "full days of work" in there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fire. Bad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

paternity suitor posted:

The moment boomers realize that millennials and gen z or whatever they’re called will be in charge of caring for their decaying bodies is going to be chef kiss

Boomers are busy trying to make it illegal not to spend your own money putting your parents in the finest retirement home lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Retro42 posted:

Nunes default look is “uhhhhhh”. How he keeps getting re-elected baffles me.

His constituency is a group of farmers who couldn’t give less of a poo poo about anything but the (R)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lmao big difference

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Um argh nope

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

When you really think about it, having Alec Baldwin on playing Trump is the exact same as having Donald Trump as executive producer. I am very smart.

Oh word, who’d they get to play Crenshaw?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The SNL wiki editor has logged on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, that dude doesn't exactly dress like someone who's trying to keep a low profile

:chloe:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

I feel like we're inches away from Trump tweeting for his supporters to kill his political enemies.

"Rise up and kill Democrats now" would be a little more direct than "The Democrats have launched a COUP to KILL YOUR DEMOCRACY" but only a little. This stuff is easily promoting another mass shooting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179515040040411137

Feels like Pence's people trying to get ahead of the bad news about his involvement

But yeah, totally unaware of all of the gambling happening in this establishment

Lmao how often do we get the Vice President issuing a denial of the President’s statement

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/cassandrajar/status/1179512816623063040

They can keep their energy, I want none of that.

I forgive all killer cops on behalf of their future victims

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1180087044699238401

e: no it's not new stuff, just a convenient recap

We got'im!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Hillary Clinton routinely spits fire at conservatives.

That doesn't make her a good representative or guardian of leftist causes.

Again: this isn't me saying I dislike Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I think she is, overall, very good at her job and she was an excellent choice for the Court. But her age carries with it certain prejudices and predilections for thought patterns that don't lend themselves well to modern leftist thought in a lot of ways.

...except we got Sonia Sotomayor, who is really not that?

Hillary has literally never “spit fire”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dude still doesn't understand what tariffs are

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

seems like a big deal that potus is actively attempting to delegitimise congress?

Broken clock, twice, etc.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

Queen Liz personally telling Bozo Johnson to get hosed would be the funniest poo poo, and hopefully a harbinger of things to come

She’s gonna wear a rude brooch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Trump doesn't want to be in Syria and has been saying he wants pull out for 3 years and tried to do it twice already.

How is this a mystery for you?

Trump doesn’t “want” anything like that. He’s not making independent thoughts about Syria. What spurred this on was whatever request happened in his phone call with Erdogan that his staff either encouraged or failed to deter him from.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The tweet buried the lede. He shot her through a window after trespassing, unannounced, into her backyard.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haberman always with her "isolated and alone" takes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Who are we supposed to call then?

Like, CORE teams are great and all for the homeless but they arent equipped for the kind of situations in which we'd need to call the cops for.

I hear the fire department has helped in those situations without axe murdering people

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao that Kathy Griffin apologized

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1183428032587018240

I captured isis on the 5th day or May, but I could not hold onto them for very long

Kind of weird to say this is a failure of "US policy" when it's directly attributable to one man making a decision out of fear. I mean, unless you're considering "the concept of the executive branch" to be the policy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Forgive me for my Trump-level understanding of tariffs, but is he actually claiming that increasing the taxes on US citizens is supposed to be an effective response?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kale posted:

Can they realistically get a veto proof majority through? Has Mitch weighed in on this yet? I kind of get the sense he's for a resolution, but then again you know....gotta please dear leader.

Even still kind of too little too late and they'll basically be sending troops back into a hot zone. Also that twitter thread is a whole lot of don't trust Lindsey Graham warnings and I'm kind of inclined to agree.

I don’t think it’s likely Congress will push this too hard because they would then own the decision to send American troops back into a situation much more likely to get them killed. It’s not like they can order the military to do this, so they’d have to find some way to push Trump around (admittedly, not hard).

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

It's hilarious they keep taking these stooges into custody at airports.

I’m shocked that airport security seems to be effective at this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gnumonic posted:

You don't think there's even the slightest chance she was being sarcastic in an attempt to get under his skin?

Not really

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thegalagakid posted:

They were definately guaranteed ordered to be there. Trump enjoys his highest disapproval rating in the Air Force out of all the branches.

Nah, for small events the leadership will ask for volunteers first. I have been asked if I wanted to put my name in for one of Pence's visits and I declined.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 18, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

"Nationalized Facebook could not ban Nazis" doesn't seem to me like a huge problem given that the current private Facebook is not banning Nazis and is in fact helping them flourish.

I guarantee you would find it a pretty big problem

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Have there been psychological studies on why supposedly intelligent and otherwise competent people are so embarrassingly awful at IT security? Because this is a thing at every level of society.

Security is often levied as an additional requirement by a separate office after development is complete, forcing teams to accommodate it with bandaid fixes in a “check the box” mentality. Implementing it is never going to result in a better user experience and can often force developers to rework a bunch of stuff because the version of Redhat they developed around doesn’t get the right patches anymore or something. The relationship between developers, users, and security is totally adversarial.

It only works well when software is designed with security in mind from the very beginning, which isn’t ever going to happen when using legacy junk.

ime at least

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 20, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Passwords on sticky notes near the workstation are actually one of the most realistic aspects of adventure games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

seems unlikely op

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Love to see that the GOP/Russian budget for twitter bots doesn't cover congressional support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

so if i bothered to google this how quickly would i find out that denmark has drastically better healthcare outcomes for less per capita expenditure