Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

British Trump got slapped down in his attempt to put Parliament on recess until a week or two before the Brexit deadline. Their Supreme Court ruled unanimously that this was illegal and is allowing Parliament to go back into session.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1176451654218080258

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Anyone who takes Glenn Kessler seriously after repeatedly lying about Sanders’ health care plan is an idiot. The guy is one of the worst things about modern elite media- he thinks he is important because he is ‘keeping score’ and that it also makes him neutral, but he still has an agenda.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Anyone with a brain was saying that this was good politics for months, it just took until now to get Pelosi off of her rear end

House Dems have to at least give something to their base, even if they don’t know how to do that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Here come the Tweets

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Maybe now they can finally do something about him blatantly profiting off of being in office

I'm sure they will take a look into that Scotland refueling scandal and all of the stuff at his DC hotel that has been part of multiple lawsuits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fallom posted:

It's a strategic error to think people care about Biden imo
It's win-win for me because he's an awful candidate who shouldn't even be in the race, so if this accidentally exposes something bad for him that's fine

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This talking point of ‘Dems refuse to accept 2016 results’ is pretty loving weak considering no one on the Dem side has even brought that up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dems need to drag Rudy’s old rear end in front of this committee ASAP

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is so dumb

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

evilweasel posted:

add senate republicans to the list of people who are scratching their heads at the idea that transcript was in any way exculpatory

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1176895672844464128
Right, and this is the thing people have been saying for months. Make it so that the onus is on the Senate GOP to have to defend his poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

What the hell is this now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

he is, technically, a nevertrumper so this could just be him clout chasing even if he's, like every 'never trump' type, a huge pussy who loves trump
Erick Son of Erick was Never Trump until he got pissed off at how the Dems treated Trump so now he is fine with him

He also lost his mind during the Kavanaugh thing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

skylined! posted:

Welp now we know exactly why Coats resigned. He's got to be one of the unnamed White House officials.
Yes the rumor now is that he and another intel official resigned over this

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Taerkar posted:

How many more all caps tweets are we going to get today? 6? Maybe a full dozen?
Hopefully all of them from now on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cr0y posted:

Does Rudy have a security clearance? Because if not lol a ton of people are going to prison.
Not that i am aware of

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He’s losing it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Clearly their strategy is to try and discredit the whistleblower but it’s a bit late for that since we have documents corroborating what he said

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m not sure when the last time they went into IHOP was, but they have had that drat blueberry syrup since I was a kid and I’m 34

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao Fox is absolutely flailing atm

"Yes the President blackmailing an entire country with his lawyer lich is bad, but what about what Biden's son kwas doing?!"

Like Harris Falkner is trying to stick to her GOP talking points hard and her guests keep blowing her up with "the entire idea of an investigation this way is hosed"
They should just be the IHOP Channel from now on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I for one am impressed that the trump administration decided that a mycrimes.txt wasn't enough, they needed an entire mycrimes server
This is the best revelation to me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sure, there are plenty of airfields they can lob cruise missiles at

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Some really sad attempted gaslighting from the WH this morning

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That Guyger trial in general is disgusting because the only real defense this officer can try and use is that somehow this innocent man IN HIS OWN APARTMENT was a threat to the officer who burst in

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

They do not have a war room; there was an article yesterday that said as much. Trump is doing nothing to prepare for this, much like everything else in his life.
It’s worked for him so far in his life, so I can’t really blame him

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

marshmonkey posted:

So everyone in the know definitely shorted these stocks before the news hit right?
Oh, 100%

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This ‘hearsay’ attack is the weakest poo poo. The documents the WH have released all match the whistleblower complaint to a tee.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

I’m curious how much they’re selling that for because a single 45 cartridge costs about 25 cents.

It’s a good grift, I’ll give them that
They made what, $10 million off of super cheap straws?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

"Why did you let me release that transcript of me doing crimes Mick?! This is your fault!"
I mean technically the WH CoS is supposed to be the President’s main advisor on political matters

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mueller wasn’t going to do anything to jeopardize the massive expansion of Executive power under his good boss Dubya

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mueller made it clear in his report that he would have had to fight for awhile in court to get access to Trump himself for an interview or to get Trump’s financials and he was unwilling to do that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This was a quote from that interview that I facepalmed at-

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/1178118959067013121

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SNL just needs to avoid politics

Or better yet, they should just stop doing the show

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have no words.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

but what's the point of using gorka? he has no juice. he's just a radio host and not a particularly high profile one. rudy at least has some history.
Don’t you talk poo poo about the Dragon of Budapest

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Loss of drinking water will kill the city before flooding ever does

It’s hard to watch since I grew up there, but there’s nothing that can be done

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm thinking that Hong Kong aspect is MUCH more important. Clear quid pro quo that even Trumpers can't deny, and it involves turning against a major democracy under attack by the Republican Party's bogey man.
I highly doubt they care

Just like how a bunch of countries (especially us) are willing to ignore the mass internment of Muslims in Western China because they want to have a good trade relationship

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

As long as Trump is 'winning' they will be behind him. But if he goes down in 2020 they will act like he doesn't exist, like how the GOP was just as behind Dubya until he was a lame duck and the economy crashed, then they stopped talking about him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

Honestly....I don't think they will br able to successfully memory hole Trump the way they did Dubya. Trump is just too insane and too memorable, especially to younger folks and my parents. Thats the danger of aligning yourself with a Mad King. Mad Kings get remembered.
I'm not sure if that will happen if he ends up as a 1 term president and the economy starts to poo poo itself as he is leaving.

Reagan became the hero of the right that he is for wiping out the Democrats in two elections and just dominating US politics in the 1980s.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Larouche is such a weird figure. He went from being raised as a devout Christian to being heavily involved in the Communist Party in the 40s/50s, then over time became more and more fascist and ran a crazy cult that somehow got access to Reagan’s NSC meetings in the 1980s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

AOC belongs in Starfleet.
She likes Voyager; she’s a bad fan