Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If impeachment does happen at last today it'll be pretty funny that what it took to finally push the shittiest dems into action was threats against Diamond Joe.

(nah for real though, if Trump's Putin ball-licking and constant loving over of Ukraine is what destroys him, it'll be some pretty tasty irony)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

... gently caress my life, this is in my town. :gonk:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Hey, I posted about one of my neighbors getting that the other day. I'm a newsman! :D

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

So, umm... Doesn't that "visa applicants must have health care," kind of... Destroy the entire agricultural sector? And several other industries reliant on seasonal migrant workers who get legal work visas?

So... does the market crash begin in 30 days? Or have I missed something.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TulliusCicero posted:

This sounds like utter chaos in Northern Syria. US troops pulling out on some orders and others holding position, the US attempting to block the Turks from entering airspace, the Turks seeing a greenlight to begin bombardment and trying to as much as possible before the US effectively does something to stop them

Trump may have just provoked a major international incident in the Middle East for absolutely no reason or gain, and burned some of our best regional allies, as well as pissed off the Joint Chiefs of Staff who are now scrambling to figure out what the loving is going on

Complete FUBAR

Christ, everything is teetering on a knifes edge for literally no reason.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump hasn’t made a tweet in 5 hours now since his Great and unmatched Wisdom tweet. Wonder what he’s been up to.

I assume hes been locked in a room with 50 people who are trying every loving trick they can think of to get him to stop this dumbassery with a formal order before it's irreversible and/or preventing a more formal order than hes already given that will force the last few strings keeping erdogans dogs on their leashes to give up their efforts to hold this thing back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Reverse it full stop

Duh, this is not even a question, all the idiot Rs won't turn on him even if he does this, and even if they did trading a genocide for that outcome is beyond disgusting to even contemplate.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Damnit, this would have never happened to the DA if Lennie Briscoe was still alive!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It's funny because his wife is in love with Trudeau.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Tillis had no choice, Dem base power is surging in NC, his only hope is energizing the R base, he has to put all his chips on black.

What's more interesting to me is Moran, who's not up for election in 2020 but the OTHER guy from Kansas is. Seems like he's really putting his fellow Senator in a very awkward spot given how strong the Ds were in Kansas in '18. Also kind of a Flag Planting on Portman's part since he's up in 2022 and that's the Dem's Big Chance year. Guess he's either hoping nobody will remember what he said regardless of which way it goes, or is supremely confident in Ohio's Red State status.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Dapper_Swindler posted:

weirdly not surprised. she knows she is hosed now.

Yeah, I've been wondering why Tulsi suddenly became a loving Everything-Short-Of-Q-Anon Chud Grifter recently. I was starting to wonder if it was because she actually was some kind of psy-op out to scuttle the election like people claimed, but I guess she just wants to steal boomer and psycho dollars by playing Red-Pilled Ex-Liberal on the Crazy Circuit.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Kale posted:

When the ancient politicians were petty and cruel, and they plagued mankind with suffering, only one man dared to challenge their power......

Thanks for reminding me that Kevin Sorbo is a Nazi... :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ah yes, the favored activity of a corrupt, immoral wealthy liberal elite which has never in history been enjoyed by Middle America: loving BASEBALL.

EDIT: Also none of the people he's talking about know who Bagdahdi is, and they won't remember the name in a week if they even bothered to remember it today

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Lol, good job making them all look cool and likeable, especially Cigar Chompin Bernie and Fun Uncle Joe. I feel like some people are going to repurpose this once Trumps douchey face is cropped out.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Strange Poon posted:

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1189651968979025920

I don't know if Ryan Grim is totally correct. It might hurt progressives in the short term but I feel grassroots movements might benefit a lot from this in the long term?

I find the notion that Bernie or AOC or other progressives are spreading their message and growing thier support bases through paid social media ADVERTISEMENTS to be hard to believe.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

A willingness to go even this far is such a big cloud of blood in the water that it's amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ogmius815 posted:

I mean as dumb as Seb is, it is worth remembering that after seven decades of communist rule not only was a stateless society not achieved, the two states that dominated the communist world grew to be far more oppressive and illiberal than any western regime.

I wonder if the ruthless political ambitions of the world's greatest mass-murderer to co-opt the machinery of state in order to eliminate all rival schools of thought from the political discourse of his nation to cement his personal power had anything to do with that?

Nah, probably just a coincidence.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

LITERALLY "we ARE hurting the right people."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The b stands for boomer

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Talking about Superman makes me lament Batman v Superman being garbage. It set itself up for a really interesting allegorical take on Superman as a proxy for American Interventionism but actually examining the human cost that comes with it and dumped it, it set up a potentially interesting examination of global class struggle by showing that the poor and helpless of the world see Superman with near religious reverence while the wealthy and mighty instinctively see him as a threat to be extinguished and dumped it, it set up a cool potential exploration of generational tension by aging up Bruce relative to Clark and framing their larger struggle ina very gen x vs millennial flavor during their initial meet8ng and dumped it... like, gently caress, how do you set up three interesting themes in the first 30 minutes and then forget all of then by 90 minutes in?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MA-Horus posted:

yeah but he's probably old-timey racist like "oh things were so much better when Singapore and Malay belonged to the Empire, those people can barely govern themselves!" as opposed to the more modern nasty american-style racism.

(I am in no way serious about this)

The Brits don't even have time for old-timey racism these days. Last night I watched a clip from Gary Oldmans Churchill movie, and theres this bit where hes on a subway and asks the Brits riding the car if he should negotiate peace or keep fighting Hitler, and one of the enthusiastic refusals who wants to keep up the struggle is a black man with a heavy accent, obviously from the African colonies, who says the Nazis will never take Piccadilly, and Churchill gives him a warm handshake in gratitude.

Obviously BS because Churchill was a huge racist, but I thought it was kind of a neat way to acknowledge the contributions of the larger Empire to the war effort. So I looked at the comments to see what people had to say about this little symbolic gesture.

The number of full blown white supremacists condemning the "pro-multi-racial propaganda," was STAGGERING. This wasn't some,chuds movie clip upload account, this was a major film clip channel pulling in millions of views per video. Like, I expected the history whitewash brigade to bitch about "inaccuracy," even though the guy specifically cited that he lived in Londons most historically diverse neighborhoods to shut those up, but Jesus, half of the comments were straight off Stormfront. And these were clearly brits too, given how loud they were also getting about Brexit and how ungrateful and backstabbing all the colonies were to the "white race."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I wonder if there is a dark room somewhere where top republicans are at least contemplating getting Pelosi into the white house in the hopes that her probable handling of that scenario would cause the bubbling tension in the party to explode.

Edit: lol, sniped with a dumb Clancy Novel Post.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bottom Liner posted:

The people growing up now don't listen to any of that traditional media poo poo, and increasingly are moving away from even the problematic internet platforms like Facebook, twitter, etc. Teens these days use snapchat and tiktok and are a lot more politically savvy than you'd think.

Even my students who use discord, reddit, instagram and whatnot are not ignorant of what infests those platforms. I literally had a conversation with a couple of them the other day about how many nazis are on discord. Most Gen Z teens aren't being indoctrinated the way that Fox News managed to indoctrinate Boomers and certain Gen Xers, they recognize what these bastards are.

Honestly what's far more dangerous IMHO to the rising generation than social media boosted hate speech is the influence of their parents and other older family who ARE RW Media drones. Some of the things I hear my students say as obvious parroting of things their elders have said are shocking. I had one student submit an essay about america-adjacent symbolism that literally used an ethnic slur to describe the 9/11 hijackers, and when I told my team leader who it was they said "Guess dad helped her with that one." I had to explain to her why it was a bad word and then gently prod her to change it so she wouldn't think I was attacking her family.

Literally TODAY one of my students made a crack about Commiefornia and how people coming from there are turning Arizona into a blue state. I sassed him back about how when I think of the investment banking companies working out of LA skyscrapers or Amazon, Google and Microsoft in San Francisco I know that "communism," is the first word that comes to mind, and also that every OTHER state around Arizona is also a blue state so it hardly makes sense to lay all the blame on California. He kind of shrugged sheepishly at me and then changed the subject to cars. This was one of the same kids I chatted with about Discord's Nazi problem.

I think the youth can handle the chuds online. They see what they are, and since they were basically born with smartphones in hand they're not so easily bamboozled by Social Media's tricks. The chuds in the house are more worrisome to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

nine-gear crow posted:

I think it's just him and Chris Wallace left now that Shep Smith got fired on Bill Barr's order. I remember Jon Stewart used to have him on every now and then and he seemed capable of doing something basically no one else on Fox could do: laugh at himself. Feint praise, I know, but still.

There's nothing respectable about Chris Wallace, in the very interview where John Stewert declared him to be their "serious news guy," who the network uses to maintain their veneer of credibility Wallace said that Fox's purpose was to "tell the other side of the story." He buys into the myth of liberal media and Fox News's open fascist propagandizing as right and appropriate counter-balancing in the media landscape. gently caress Chris Wallace.