Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Strange Poon posted:

Watch the Democrats grow a spine then get real bold only to have Trump die on the shitter.

[Spoiler, Baron Trump shoots Trump with a crossbow on the shitter]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Saw this posted on Facebook, is this q-anon stuff or some other form of idiocy? I can't guess what he's referring to.

"you won’t be sleeping well when he wins another 4 years. Where is the quid pro quo??? Just remember this Peggy ... there are 2 more reports that are coming out that will bury the Democrats. That’s why all this is coming out now. So sleep well tonight because the day Barr and IG release their reports it’s game over. And Schiff, Pelosi, Chucky they all know it."

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah that's not real
poo poo, I should be clear - He's clearly an insane person, I'm just wondering if he's following the Q stuff, or if this is reference to more moderate fox news insanity.

But yes, I was not asking if I should he concerned for Chuck Schumer.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Unless Trump throws him under the bus, at which point...

Nah, even then he's fine. People turn out to vote for president who probably don't even know who McConnell is. They are voting for president, and voting down ticket for every other R just because.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

A well meaning older coworker of mine who constantly posts liberal memes on Facebook just posted one that said "if you base your politics off of a crying 16 year old, you're probably pretty stupid". I can't imagine what on earth she thought it referred to, because it's pretty clearly a lovely Republican meme about Greta Thunberg.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Dammerung posted:

Haha, wow. This article is really something:

I don't think this could be any more neoliberal to be honest. Ideas, not identity - how does their past experience innately make them badasses at their present one?
Honestly, is there anything more badass than starting a club called the badass club and talking about how badass you are?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

evilweasel posted:

he repeatedly filed for bankruptcy so at some point there's apparently something that makes him throw in the towel but i dunno if resignation is that analogous to a bankruptcy filing
The rich filing for bankruptcy is a tax scheme, not admitting defeat .

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Did anyone know the details of the incident to which AOC was referring?
A woman started screaming about how we had to eat babies to end climate change.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Rabble posted:

lol the president of Finland is dragging Trump. I cannot wait to see what pissbaby does in response.
I mean, it's nice to see, but it really does seem ballsy, as vindictive and lovely as Trump is.

^^^ That makes more sense.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

ThanosWasRight posted:

Can this stupid hick sex tourist fucker not get a loving glass eye for fucks sake what a loving pissbaby thinking he looks cool walking around with a pisspatch on his face.
I work with someone with a glass eye, and apart from occasionally appearing to have a bit of a lazy eye, it's 100% unnoticeable. Months of working with her daily and not knowing until she mentioned it off-hand. gently caress his ridiculous "my glass eye is distracting" argument.

(Unless someone with more experience with these matters says otherwise, in which case, genuinely my bad)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Data Graham posted:

This is the attitude I normally try to have, yeah. Cops by and large are just doing a job, I get that, a hard one and a dangerous one
Literally not even as dangerous as an average of all jobs, and certainly nowhere near the most dangerous of jobs. And most police deaths are from auto accidents. There is absolutely no justification for the "everyone is trying to kill me, I need to shoot first and live in constant terror" mentality that so many cops have.

I'm not saying that's what you were implying, but the "hard and dangerous job" myth needs to be stomped out everywhere it pops up.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

The account was super boring with nothing scandalous or interesting, right?

So is there any reason to out the account that he uses to communicate with family members? I feel like if there was dirt there, then cool, let's shine a light on it, but otherwise, eh, let him have a tiny bit of privacy. I'm not outraged or anything, just seems pointless.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Dude liked a whole bunch of open homophobia so yeah.
Oh, right on then. I mean, he's probably pretty open about that stuff anyway, but yeah, gently caress his privacy then.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Honestly, if Obama had posted this exact tweet, I would have found it slightly charming/endearing. I just hate Trump so much that it does the opposite here.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Holy poo poo. Part of their defense of the shooting being justified is that he had just hopped a fence into the property of a daycare. That's the loving place that you don't loving fire your guns you absolute loving sociopaths!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

This entire speech is "book report by kid who only read the cliff notes". It's loving insane to listen to a man make up vague details of a mission he ostensibly was heavily involved in. "What was Turkey's role?" "Oh, they uh, they were called... we called them... very good stuff.. airspace.... no problems there..."

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd like to see a comprehensive study done that clearly demonstrates the actual net income savings or losses for an average person under a M4A system. Like, I've seen the CBO estimates but what does this mean for your average person's budget?
So, for whatever it's worth, there *is* a study floating around that states that in 2018, the average household spent more on healthcare costs than on federal taxes. Meaning, essentially, for the average household, you would have to increase taxes by literally over a hundred percent before m4a ended up costing people more than they are currently spending. As nobody on this planet is currently suggesting a 100% tax increase, this is good news for m4a.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for that woman.
I forget the context, but someone here once posted "he didn't deserve it, but he sure had it coming". I really like the phrase a lot. That guy obviously shouldn't have body slammed her. It was wrong. But I can believe that while also having absolutely zero sympathy for her.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Ice Phisherman posted:

Empathy is nourishment to some and absolutely wasted on others. There are some people who given time and isolation you can maybe deprogram, but I'd rather just marginalize them and forbid their access to power over individuals forever.
Nazis are like old cars that have been sitting in a field for 40 years. You absolutely can restore them - any single one, no matter how hosed - and some people really get something out of doing so, but ultimately your time and energy is better spent on a less hosed car.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

From an article on Trump's Veterans Day speech : "Mr. Trump helped boost the parade in 1995 when it was struggling to attract donations, writing a check for over $300,000. In return, he asked to be made the grand marshal, an honor he was not bestowed because he never served in the military."

He really can't do one loving decent thing. It's incredible. Every decent act, instantly ruined by his disgusting pride. And also hysterical how bad he is at all of it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

At his age, a stiff breeze could be it, so I'm not saying you're wrong - but this is a fairly simple procedure, all things considered.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Calibanibal posted:

It's a simple procedure in the same sense as tossing a watermelon off your roof
What you do is, take Jimmy Carter's head, and begin placing rubber bands around it one at a time..

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

Big ol' citation needed here.
Yeah, saying they all want to kill minorities with impunity is really unfair. Based on the guys I've known who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, it's like 50% tops.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

I wonder if Dan knows SS and medicare do not keep seniors out of poverty. Sure they're not "go lie down in a ditch and die or work till you drop", but even with both of those programs seniors barely scrape by, and it's going to get worse.
If he does know, he doesn't care. It's a distinction without a difference. He also knows/doesn't care that parks and fire departments are non-rival and non-excludable because we decided they would be, not because it's some immutable fact. He also knows/doesn't care that nobody is arguing for free private universities. There is not one word in that tweet meant in good faith.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Holt Kramer told the Post: “I know Roseanne, and if I know somebody who is not racist, it’s certainly Roseanne.”
"If" doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

Looking for a divorce at this point. Think dude just no longer gives any fucks
Nah, it's a suicide by wife thing. Doesn't have the courage to do it himself.