Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Who the gently caress is Gretchen Thurnburg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Arist posted:

Shut the gently caress up Comey, this is at least partially your fault

Precisely. gently caress that implication that the US citizenry needs to “learn from their mistakes” on this. The US citizenry did vote for someone else you daft idiot.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Angry_Ed posted:

...It feels like this is mattering more than we ever could've thought possible. Even Fox News is like "this is hosed up"

It’s as though their faith was misplaced, that perhaps President Donald J Trump has gone so far as to lie to the American people.

We’ll all need time to heal from this.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this normal?

Yeah...I don't get it...is something supposed to happen?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

The Glumslinger posted:

Its a joke about Trump saying he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it

Ah, copy that. Breaking traffic, too, for maximum carnage.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Speaking strictly as an accountant of over a decade:

DON'T loving DO THAT

That's my free tax advice for the day. Consulting services are available at an impossibly modest Goon Discount™ of .69% off.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah this seems like something that will make people Real Mad who you don't eant even mildly miffed

For that matter, FUAXTON woke me up to the USPIS and how you REALLY shouldn't gently caress with the USPS:

FAUXTON posted:

The USPIS will silently trace mail thefts, find your house, obtain a warrant, and kick in your door in the middle of the night so they can make sure, at long last, their loving mail gets delivered.

The IRS-CI will quietly and calmly let you lie to the IRS for years while they build an iron-clad case against you (and your bitcoins) and then when that's ready they stroll in, tell the regular IRS they can take the rest of the week off, and then they your take everything you own and possibly throw your rear end in jail for making them have to wreck your poo poo.

74 year old man fakes his taxes from '06 through '09, they soak his rear end for 322k in restitution plus a month in prison and 15k in gently caress you pay us. He plead guilty in 2016 and was sentenced in March of 2017.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He's losing his loving mind.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Whataboutism has metastasized in the GOP hive-mind to where crimes are mutually exclusive and only the worst of the crimes can be prosecuted.

It makes talking about this so much easier, “Wait - Biden committed crimes, too? Then yes I agree we should investigate those as well.”

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Checks and Balances are a political setup.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I ignored the first iteration of this when it hit my mailbox, but I did in fact write “Eat poo poo, you fascist cunts.” on the second one.

Their tactic wasn’t surprising. I was surprised I still had postage stamps on my desk, mostly.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Oh, well, in that case we’re good. Sorry for the trouble.

I’m going to rob a bank and when I get caught I’ll just donate the money to charity!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Majorian posted:

Like Robin Hood!

McCarthy is actually the hero in all of this!!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

DaveWoo posted:

He probably heard all the criticism of that analogy, so like a stubborn child, he’s going to keep repeating it over and over.

It reminds me of a piece of basic jazz advice I read a long while back, “If something doesn’t sound musical keep repeating it until it does.”

Edit: Note, I believe the spirit of the advice is to keep practicing an idea until you figure out how to make it sound good, not to just keep beating people over the head with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

God this is so loving stupid.

“It wasn’t a crime!! I asked them to do it, but did NOT promise anything in return. It’s just simple election meddling between friends is all!”