Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I mean, it does come off a little bit pandering to claim that physically threatening a child over their political beliefs is a bridge too far after agreeing that other kid had a "punchable face".

At the very least there was no, like, outcry from the left about that rhetoric back then.

Edit - obviously both are lovely and wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fallom posted:

Hillary has literally never “spit fire”

Well actually...

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Strange Poon posted:

American gaming company begs to lick China's boot harder.

I'll need to know which deck he was playing to fully form an opinion.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

It's one of those weird tournaments where everyone plays a bunch of decks, but he showed up for finals with Highlander Hunter, Zoo Warlock, and Control Warrior.

CW is my main, I'm absolutely outraged now.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

goethe.cx posted:

besides Staten Island, NYC would elect a subway rat with a D next to its name over a republican for federal office

Even in SI, a somewhat normal dem like Max Rose can still win.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

Just loving take his golf courses.

Rename them after famed Scottish painter... George Romney :smug:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
USPOL Fall: The Fault in our Barrs

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Not getting the impeachment result you personally want within the timeframe you want does not equate to a Constitutional crisis, the end of America, etc. Impeachment is by definition a political process, and if the politics don't line up right now, they might line up a week from now, a month from now, or maybe never. And even if they never do, the system is self correcting on a two year cycle.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Lemming posted:

If your car breaks down it's still broken even if it still has all the parts. The parts don't work. In this case, the problem is that the president is a criminal and the crisis is that it's impossible to get him out of office under the way the constitution is setup right now. It's not working.

No, this is a case where the car works, but your mom (congress) won't drive you to the mall.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Do you guys think playing Diablo 3 on my switch benefits blizzard in any way.

I uninstalled all my PC games and battle.net.

I loves me some D3 on the train though, hmmm.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

Switch isn't reporting playtime metrics or anything, go hog wild. They already have your money. But if you internally normalize playing Diablo, there's a real chance you'll convince yourself that the Blitzcheung rudeness wasn't a big deal by the time Diablo Immortal comes out. You know if this'll be a problem more than anyone.

I hear the new Dragon Quest is quite good.

Y-yeah, prescient post, internalizing and incrementalism are weaknesses of mine, cold turkey it is.

I think they recently released Torchlight 2 on switch which should scratch the loot grind itch.

DQ is on my RPG backlog, it's just like... really big right now.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I go to this place with these three old cuban guys and you used to be able to fence stolen jewelry there, they never smalltalk you at all, it's great.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Drudge has been nonstop dunking on him as well, kind of crazy.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't think it's coincidental that the Trump Campaign is openly hiring a white militia group in one of the most left wing cities in the US

So the actual article seems to say that they're "volunteering" to protect people in transit - meaning, not in the venue itself.

Is this really a case of "partnering" or "hiring" - seems like just something a group decided to do.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

When manafort "kills himself" in his cell tonight this tweet's going global.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Today Trump has truly become President.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Can racists please co opt those "mom, dad, two kids, one dog" stickers on the backs of minivans please.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I'm holding out for the Caspar Weinberger funko pop.

The John E. Sununu.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

He's specifically saying they can't investigate the impeachable offenses, which basically makes it sound like he expects the FBI or whoever to just be like "here's some impeachable offenses we found, what do you think of it?"

It's so dumb, also wrong.

In fairness, that's exactly what Mueller did.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

So let me get this straight.

We're going to send 2000 troops to defend Saudi Arabia from specious Iranian threats. The very same Saudi Arabia that dismembered a US-residing journalist?

But we can't afford to police a conflict between Turkey and the Kurds. Despite the Kurds being faithful allies who just finished helping us beat back the Islamic State.

I've got that right?

Yes, also don't forget the President's lawyer is involved with institutions named "Mafia Rave" and "Fraud Guarantee".

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
The one really confusing thing is the way the left trashes the "two sides to every story" type journalism while seemingly pining for the Fairness Doctrine.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

The three biggest red flags when someone is just introducing themselves are 1.) "I'm an atheist", 2.) "I'm a vegan", and 3.) "I'm a card-carrying member of Mensa".

PJ please stop sassing the mods.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
"liddle' Napoleon Bonaparte"

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

For every obnoxious vegan there’s 200 dudes (always dudes) ready crawl out of the woodwork and performatively eat a rack of ribs at vegans and I’ve noticed that it’s kind of the same with liberals and atheists. Like car dudes getting REALLY loving MAD at Priuses for existing.

Especially now that the Alt-right has become its own open, acknowledged thing with tons of proud blackpilled atheists in its ranks, you’d think you could tease two groups apart.

Let me respond to this. As a Blitzcrank main, ....

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Calling it now, Bolton good. Bolton... Best!!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton is probably just a huge Ellen fan and figures taking out Trump plus war crimes is the best way to ingratiate himself.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
You guys really don't see any irony in discussing cigars as phallic symbols of toxic masculinity in the context of conservatives, huh.

Nothing comes to mind there.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

Ok, I have to think some Republicans are going to start to peel off soon if it keeps up like this. It's not showing the usual slow reversion to mean for Trump

I mean, more likely they'll just keep the faith and in 6 months it'll all blow over, but that's crazy

The types of people who allow themselves to be bullied and ruled by fear will very rarely show any loyalty under pressure. I think there will be a very sudden and widespread about-face, when it does come.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Remember the outrage over Obama's Beer Summit? lol

I'd consider this a more deliberately heartless version of the public victory lap around Bergdahl's rescue, actually.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

The White House has said it, but even now State Dept employees are telling Trump to go gently caress himself and showing up anyway. So far, I think only Rudy has actually defied a subpoena. Look, I'm not saying that impeachment and removal from office is likely at this point, but we're at a point where it's more likely than it has ever, ever been. The Senate GOP is caught between a rock and a hard place and a decent number of Republicans in the House are splitting publicly and supporting the impeachment inquiry.

These things don't happen overnight. It hasn't even been a month. Relax.

And even if removal isn't the outcome, his unhinged response is sinking him for 2020. I know it's fun here to make sweeping generalizations about conservatives and Republicans, and there definitely is a die-hard contingent who will always support him, but I'm convinced there are enough Republicans and right-leaning independents who actually care about the country to prevent his reelection. Despite the historically low Republican party affiliation numbers Trump's ushered in, still one out of five of them want him removed.

Just put up someone who is even the slightest bit genuine and he's done.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Rigel posted:

Out of curiosity I looked back at the Clinton impeachment. Just about the only non-trivial ruling Rehnquist had to make was one dipshit Senator insisted on voting "not proved", and so Rehnquist ruled that meant his vote was "not guilty".

Arlen Specter, kind of a proto-douche Rand Paul. He was my Senator at the time and man was I pissed :argh:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I hope they ask about bedbugs

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Guze posted:

Trump embodies most of the negative qualities the chuds claimed Obama did.

In fairness, I doubt Trump has either vaped or eaten arugula salad.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

They got rich in the first dot com bubble and early 00's boom and money destroyed their minds. Like literally that whole generation went from screaming about the world is watching while throwing tear gas cans at police in Seattle in 1998, to spending hours configuring their Tesla P100D juuuuust right after getting a $200k bonus stock award from their job at Google.

Yep and before the tech boom, the common wisdom was that we could never get jobs or compete with boomers.

Basically we were braced for exactly what happened to the generation behind us, and lucked out.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

Gore, Kerey, and Hillary all ran as triangulating centrists. How'd that work out for them?

I would argue it's not even centrist policy or naked triangulation that sunk them, although that certainly didn't help.

The fact is, none of those people could connect or relate to regular people in a way that seemed even slightly genuine. Al Gore lived in a hotel for ten years, Hillary hasn't driven herself in a car since the 1980s, etc. The connection just isn't there, and attempts to manufacture it fell incredibly flat.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I personally can't wait to throw "Elections have consequences" in the face of a few Chuds.

Cool but fyi that quote was originally Obama trying to dunk on the right.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
The last few days have given us Chad Wolf and Pierre Delecto guys.

We are living through history here.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
My sister voluntarily underwent a few ECT treatments and they did wonders for her.

I'm stockpiling Vita games for society's collapse.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I know this is gonna sound a bit pedantic, but can we not do this? It's the "DemocratIC Party", and the nominee for the Democratic Party will be the DemocratIC nominee. Rush Limbaugh started calling it the "Democrat Party" in an attempt to otherize and delegitimize Democrats and it's made its way WAY too far into modern political lexicon. Don't accept their framing.

I go out of my way to not use the term, but I never really got how this is a "slur" or delegitimizing, since a party member is called a Democrat. You actually call them Democrats in your post. It seems totally innocuous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Because the party is called the Democratic Party, that's why it's a slur. I get that you're not a fan of arguing in good faith, based on your post history, but it is absolutely an attempt to delegitimize and otherize the opposition and anyone who says otherwise is flat-out lying.

It just seems weird that the term Democrat isn't otherizing a person, but Democrat Party is, that's all. TheDeadlyShoe's marketing explanation makes sense, though.