Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Empty space with more coyotes than people?

Also that isn't the 2016 results map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-fires-unidentified-projectiles-today-off-eastern-coast-2019-10-01-live-updates/

quote:

It appeared North Korea had launched a submarine-launched ballistic missile off eastern coast, South Korea's military told local media Yonhap. The launch is North's ninth round of weapons of tests since late July and came just hours after U.S. and North Korean officials said negotiations would resume next week.
A U.S. official said it was a land-based test of midrange submarine launched ballistic missile, so it was not actually launched from a submarine.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Flying_Crab posted:

this is cool and good since Perry is shockingly one of the only competent people in Trump's cabinet. I wonder what new nutjob we'll put in charge of maintaining our nuclear arsenal

He is absolutely not competent, he's just the only one who recognizes that he is incompetent and wisely stepped aside to let the smart people work. His predecessor was a nuclear physicist.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

This just makes me sick of myself.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

....you guys did read past the first tweet and see it was a LaRouche crazy person trying to discredit AOC right?

I guess I lost my mind. Oh well, everything changes. Nothing lasts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Here’s some more very normal treatment of a veteran and journalist at Dulles, an airport serving the capital region of our very normal country.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2019/10/us-customs-officer-harasses-defense-one-journalist-dulles/160380/

The first several commenters need to be lined up and shot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BigDave posted:

It used to be called the Great American Desert, but now it's the Midwest.

Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, and the western half of Washington State.

That's not the Midwest. That's just West.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

You’re right. I’m getting irrationally angry (though I don’t think it’s irrational). I’m so ashamed of everything.

There's no maximum permitted level of anger at enabling genocide. It's okay.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I think I'm not going to give any credibility to the guy who installed a "rape dungeon" button in his office.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Which is also factually false.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie Brainstem: I hosed over the Kurds to stop the endless wars!

Also Donnie Brainstem: https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1182685149118398464?s=19

The Saudis may not have been there at Inchon, but they were there at 9/11! :patriot:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SquirrelyPSU posted:

4:57 a mile for 26.2 miles :stonk:

I can't run that for 1 mile.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MonkeyWash posted:

Reddit is terrible and chuds are dumb. Maybe don't post white supremacist stuff under an easily identifiable user name?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...reddit-screeds/

The comments :allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

At some point, the country really needs to come to terms with a really scary thought: Hillary was 100% right about Trump supporters.

But :decorum: !

Yes she was absolutely correct (if too generous) but everyone just kept playing along with the game they'd been playing for eight years:
"You liberals call me a racist for criticizing Obama's policies! Typical!" ::posts meme of Obama with bone through his nose::

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Incidentally, we've finally figured out the secret sauce to getting military nazis in trouble:

https://twitter.com/DEdwardBeck/status/1183398365129777159

Why do 75 slides when you can always fit all relevant information on one quad slide?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

Is this your first experience with military PowerPoint? You need to have 30-40 slides to breeze through and some you just outright ignore.

I'm at a HQ right now so everything has to be on one quad slide because GO/FO have no attention span. And therefore all 40 slides worth of information gets jammed onto that quad slide.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EBB posted:

Holmes is confirmed as one of the major con artists of the early 21st century.

You say this in a world where Donald Trump got elected president.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Torrannor posted:

Stealing this from the UK thread in D&D, here are more Donnie brain worms:

It's Mattarella btw

He didn't actually say the Rome thing and even if he did it's not even in the top ten worst things he's said this week.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Crimes? Oh, you mean CRIMES?! YEAH I LOVE THOSE I WAS TOTALLY INVOLVED IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1184878549301374980?s=19

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1184877622863499265?s=19

So we've made it all the way to "if the president does it, it means it's not illegal."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
On the other hand, Hannity is a chickenhawk torture enthusiast so he can shut his drat mouth.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

One of my close friends is a Marine infantry officer who's pretty liberal and he groans every time he hears it. It's pretty hard to argue it wasn't purely a resume builder move when he mentions it all the loving time.

Also his battle rattle NIACT pic is just super lol.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

I hope you at least traveled somewhere you wanted to go for it or it is close enough to not be a hassle. We were able to visit friends and see a nearby city where'd wanted to go see

I skipped the one for my last mobilization because lol no I'm not going to goddamn Fort Worth.
Gonna skip this one too because lol Fort Worth again? Or Norfolk as the next option? gently caress you.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Didn’t think I had an option.

My option is not loving going to any yellow ribbon events.
They didn't make me last time and this time I'm a terminal O4.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lol who cares

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eej posted:

Sucks but a rich white dude wouldn't get 1/10th of this heat even if he gaslit his wife to satisfy his cuckold fetish

quote:

Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz defended Hill, claiming she was only being investigated because she’s “different,” not because she harmed anyone.

Well that was unexpected.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It could also have been a missile, not a vest

Edit:

????

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/s...ingawful.com%2F

So this was entirely about allowing Turkey to ethnically cleanse the border region?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I was born in '81 but I participated in the Forever War, had my civilian career hosed up by the recession, and I don't care about a big house in the suburbs so I must be a millennial.