Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The man stole the Presidency by agreeing to let white southerners do racism forever, completely invalidating everything that the Civil War had achieved with blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I love this so much holy poo poo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

In old English a deer was any small animal, therefore bats are deer

Any fruit was an apple, any animal was a deer, and any crop you get out of the ground was corn.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

there is one article anyone with any interest in politics needs to read.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1217966342307024897?s=20

issues do not matter. at all.
These are not some inscrutable weirdos, they are people who want an ethno-national fascist state. They want a strong social safety net, cheap housing, worker protections, and accessible education, but they don't want any of that to go to "those people". They want strong defense, education of the children to be "traditional" and lip service to be paid to Christianity. Also they really want militarized police to be just constantly beating murdering and gassing "urban" types. And they don't want any nonsense that hurts their property values. These people are not a mystery.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

He’s looking at me right now.. His big, sweaty, fat face.. sucking in air like a dying fish. You should see ‘im.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Murgos posted:

It's too bad he's going to just pretend like this never happened and as soon as he can go back to, "LOL, covid."

It was a quote from my favorite SNL sketch of all time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Trump made an agreement Biden couldn't abrogate and now Applebee's will be providing all Russian field kitchens

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Kasha with ranch and a side of Kickrz

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I want a fruity white that really beats me about the face

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mauser posted:

This man is inexplicably very popular in Maryland (I blame the DC suburbs) and has zero loving hope of winning the Republican presidential primary

He's Revelation 3:15 but a human being

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also his first act in office was killing the Red Line just to show he meant business gently caress him

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This will teach you that all your problems can be solved by going out and capturing a valuable enough ship that you can sell to pay off your debts.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Stop thinking you can't do it. You can. Get your rear end out of bed. Get your rear end on the ship. Stop thinking about your "safe space". Your safe space is here, on the quarterdeck. Make sure your sails are knotted correctly. Make sure you've got lots of gunpowder and salt pork. Rise and grind, stay focused. Out there on the high seas is a big French frigate that will solve all your money problems. No more second and third notices. All your bills are going to be set on autopay. All you gotta do is get out there, fire your guns at the exact right angle that lops off their mainmast, and board them with you pistols out and your cutlass raised. It's simple. Then you can say goodbye to your various debts. Just get out, and get it done. Pump the bilges of your depression. Don't think about it, be about it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

First comes the ship's biscuit, then comes the gunpowder stench, then say goodbye to those student loans. Make it happen, post captain!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah the Maryland stuff is the most dictatory Lincoln ever got. All the fun stuff like having a judge dragged off his bench and beaten while the judge was holding court. Having Francis Scott Key's grandson thrown in Fort McHenry's dungeon without charges for the crime of criticizing the practice of throwing people in dungeons without charges.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This is close to home -- I was in the Buddhist organization he belonged to and recognize the chant he posted as his final Facebook words.

My friend in DC said it didn't even make the news due to a sniper attack.
How is Shambhala Buddhism doing these days?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

e: too off topic

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 26, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I never thought leopards would lie to MY face

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I think this only applies in that she wanted them to be more circumspect about it and gut it the way Roberts would prefer to, by doing a death of a thousand cuts where you never quite say that what you're doing is repealing Roe. I doubt she cares about the actual policy, but just wanted political cover.
Everything is about precedent man

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

AxGrap posted:

I think I'm just mad that people ceded the ability to be actually angry to the right. This sucks! Be mad!

I want people to be mad but I'm so fuckin happy we don't have normalized political violence in our society. In so many other systems, Manchin would've been assassinated a while ago. But our system treats violence as an aberration and that's amazing. It's loving amazing. Once you open the violence jar, you can't close it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

sugar free jazz posted:

the corpse of martin luther king jr, "and how!"

Oh, right

*JFK's corpse shakes its head at me, off to the side, the piece of hair and skull and brains that was blown off his head also shakes its head at me*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This broke my brain. I'm no longer capable of recognizing simple shapes and patterns

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

M: I mean, look at this challenge coin
W: What about it?
M: It's got an officer riding down a helpless migrant on it
W: Well yeah, that's our job
M: But he's got a whip!

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 14, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I was living in West Baltimore during April 2015 and the memory that sticks in my brain the most from that particular two weeks is how the helicopters were circling circling circling all day and all night. I went and visited a friend out of state for an evening and the quiet was deafening.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mccain-supporter-who-clai_n_137484

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Ukraine war has shown us what future wars will be and apparently they're gonna be all about cheap low flying drones loaded with explosives crashing into things

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm down for Florida to be cast in the sea but I don't know where 22 million people are gonna live. Youngstown, Ohio? I mean we've definitely got room for them somewhere.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jesus really fuckin hated divorce

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If I was actually about to die I'd happily travel to the emergency room in a literal clown car with 14 clowns who don't use deodorant

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

But what if they were gay clowns???

If I was having a health emergency I'd be down to suck a clown's dick to get to the Emergency Room

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The US health system is all about providing the least amount of care for the most amount of people for the most amount of money and the highest level of care for the people with the highest level of income for also the most amount of money

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

saintonan posted:

If traditional medicine worked it would just be called "medicine".
The best example being decoction of willow bark. It's a traditional natural herbal remedy made from trees that humans used for thousands of years for all kinds of problems. Then we refined it and super concentrated it and turned it into a little pill you could easily swallow instead of a bunch of nasty gross brown liquid. It works!

If other herbal remedies really worked then a bunch of German scientists in the 1890's would have turned them into pills

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Killer robot posted:

This is only half true.

Half truths are the best kind!

Seriously, good write-up.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Gelfling essence!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sandy Hook didn't change gun laws

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

zoux posted:

It's weird that instead of building eternal emnity, Japan and Germany are two of the US closest foreign partners and now we have normalized relations with communist Vietnam. I mean, it's better than a 500 year blood feud but it's certainly a change from the previous 8000 years of recorded human history.
Lol France and the UK were eternal enemies that fought some of Europe's gnarliest wars over a thousand years but the second that Brits got paranoid about Germans messing around with their special boat time it was hello Mr. Frenchman my new best friend! And if didn't matter one bit that the Germans had saved their asses at Waterloo, or even that their monarchs were incredibly closely related.

International relations are about money and paranoia. Shared history only matters when it directly impacts those two things.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

deoju posted:

Image depicting the changing colors of Lego Minifigure heads since 1975.

Courtesy of the blog BrickNerd.

I want bricknerd to do a cost by piece analysis adjusted for inflation. I wanna know if the sets in the 80's were really $5,000

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Clean, safe, too cheap to meter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Aztec Galactus posted:

Idiocy drives engagement

Idiots are always engaged by things they see, it's called rubbernecking