Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

jeebus bob posted:

oh wow oh wow that was excruciating do yourself a favor and don't click that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lol AOC is just Kane from Command and Conquer.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Actually he comes from a culture that places the surname first so it's technically Raper Kevin.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

God what a piece of poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This is loving great because it was a good reminder that when people say diabetes they really mean type 2 diabetes. I want to shake this person and yell at them that type 1 diabetics absolutely have to have insulin or we will loving die.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uh, are they going to make it a positive portrayal of Malcom because they cast a white dude? This has the potential to be hilarious on so many levels, if it actually happens. I also enjoy how black actors keep getting cast as fictional characters in fantasy and sci-fi and the response from these piss babies is to go straight to an important civil rights leader from history recent enough for living people to remember. Just absolute smooth brain poo poo. I doubt they're actually going to go through with it though, this is just a stunt to try and get headlines to own the woke libs or whatever.

If it does though he is absolutely saying the n word and also putting on a blaccent.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Which one of these guys tasered himself in the balls and then had a heart attack?

I believe Keven Greeson is the tazer balls guy

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1575024062178373632

I don't understand why chiropracty is, uh, legal

Parents who take their infants to chiropractors and the chiropractors who adjust them should be charged with child abuse or even attempted murder given the danger to infants. I mean the whole field should be regulated out of existence but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Preen Dog posted:

That girdle must be made of carbon nanotubes.

Actually I think it's just a photoshop

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

Idk who he thinks it is he's painting

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1617553980820975617

Where do this lady's kids go to school, Mogadishu circa 1995?

Never forget that conservatives think that their suburb is going to be a charles bronson movie at any moment.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Would absolutely watch a Nixon biopic starring John C. Reilly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nonsense posted:

Keith is a very smart guy calling a national champion a loving idiot.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1643309457265270838?s=20

Tag yourself, I'm the person who sees signs like that and somehow thinks we're the good guys.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/EuphoriTori/status/1648348942969495553

Absolute freaks

This is weird because Busch is also In Bev, so he is busting up the right cans, but he doesn't know that he's busting up the wrong cans, but he thinks he busting up the right cans, and he is, but for the wrong reasons. And also for wrong reasons.

He was also arrested for exposing his penis to a sixteen year old.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Very normal opinions getting laundered through the media right now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

It's the American Conservative, it's a fascist rag not the mainstream media

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1648761298480422916

Never write down the racism policy

Yeah, the opinions on the NYT and the WaPo have a veneer of decorum to launder their disgusting views.

"Oh my God, the wrote down the racism policy" is thread title material

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh if you want to take out the 56k no way! warning go ahead and do that. I added it as a joke because of how the picture threads of long ago had to have that warning for people browsing on telephone line modems lol

e: could probably fix the title if you do that too

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Not clicking on a vox article, are they concern trolling about a couple of Twitter nobodies with hammer and sickle next to their names praising him for his anti-imperialist stances? Because those are the only people I have seen on the left praising him.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cat botherer posted:

No, it's in the genre of "a leftist is someone more progressive than Chris Coons."

Oh that ol' chestnut. Well, it was bound to be one or the other.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

But it's not about a couple of twitter nobodies, it's about an article in one of the few prominent leftist outlets in the country. Have you read the Prospect article they're talking about? Do you think they're correct that Tucker Carlson's populist appeal is something the left should seek to emulate? Do you give him credit for his "willingness to challenge and mock ruling elites [that] went alongside an obsessively nativist message that alienated viewers who might otherwise have embraced his populist perspective." You might want to make sure you agree with the Tucker Carlson apologia you are indirectly advocating.

Do you think these kinds of comparisons help or hurt efforts to build the progressive movement

Some dorks writing for the prospect may as well be Twitter nobodies for all the significant media presence leftist media has. And the framing Vox chooses to go with is telling "controversy on the left! (meaning one article got written about a thing and are getting rightfully pilloried for it)." It's just like when RWM picks up on some "loony lefty" poo poo at one college and put out an article to highlight and signal boost it and make it seem like everyone to the left of Mitt Romney agrees. And you're buying it just like the same rubes that hang in Ben Shapiro's every word. The political spectrum punches left.

I'd like to know how my decision to ignore garbage media outlets is "indirectly advocating Tucker Carlson apologia."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

It was a major discussion on the internet yesterday, every political account I follow was talking about it. The editor had to issue a public apology! But if you're just going to define it down to twitter nobodies so that you're correct, there's nothing to discuss. And how do you know how it's framed if you didn't click on the article?

Sounds like you need to consider your confirmation biases. And I know how the article is framed because that is clear from the headline. It's the same poo poo as "Dems in disarray!" which is probably something you ought to recognize.

e: asked my electrician what he thought about the big controversy and he said he didn't know what the gently caress the prospect was

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

But you were wrong, is the thing.

I was wrong about who they were talking about, I am not wrong about the framing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

zoux posted:

Lemme just accrue 16k in medical debt because Facebook memes. Hard to win these people over on material concerns when they won't take FREE loving MONEY. Good luck to that baby.

Dumb piece of poo poo essentially holding necessary medical care from his family because he doesn't want to be on Medicaid? These people really are true believers, most conservatives just just publicly trash welfare programs while still benefiting from them.

e: actually barring any evidence to the contrary I'm going to assume that's exactly what they're doing and that the GoFundMe is just grift

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thaddius the Large posted:

Even if they called my cell phone I wouldn’t answer, because receiving endless scam calls have drilled into me to never ever ever answer a number I don’t immediately recognize

Yeah, is there a single normal human being who doesn't screen their calls anymore? What kind of sicko just answers unknown numbers?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

PT6A posted:

It's actually a massive problem as sometimes, for work, I need to actually phone people and have a conversation with them about whatever safety issue they've recently created. A lot of times, it will simply get ignored. And does anyone actually listen to voicemails? That's even rarer!

The lack of will to do anything about scam calls has created a situation where a fundamental means of communication has been essentially rendered useless. And, having built one or two apps based on automated voice and text, I'm not terribly surprised. You can sign up for a "local" phone number from essentially anywhere in the world in 2 minutes and be doing fuckery with it instantly, and the only check is that "if we get complaints about your number, we might look into it!"

It's actually worth it to restrict this poo poo to the point that our telephone system doesn't become an unusable, worthless hellscape.

I mean, I always listen to my messages, because 99% of the bullshit scam calls don't leave them. "If it's important, they'll leave a message." It sucks that that makes your job harder, but until these worthless motherfuckers in Congress are willing to lift a finger for consumer protections of any kind, I guess this is how it's going to be.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1654674684741312512?s=20

It's great she's staying in until the election removes her.

She's declining all right

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cat botherer posted:

DuPont knew how dangerous Teflon was from the beginning, but put out some BS studies showing frying pans never get anywhere near 480F and it absolutely worked for decades because people are dumb as poo poo.

It's insane to me that teflon is still legal. It will straight up kill birds if they're anywhere near your kitchen while you cook with it. Seems like breathing it might not be great for anyone!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The video of what she did to him is chilling. Wild that she's never been held accountable.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's hosed up that ageism only goes one way. If you can't hold x number of offices because you "don't have enough experience" then these swiss cheese brained fucks that cling to power into their 80s need to get gone, preferably ten to fifteen years earlier. Sorry Bernie.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Enough shade for a single person, or 3-4 standing in a perfect line. Such innovation.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think most black people would be happy with reparations, an end to the unjust carceral system, and socioeconomic equity instead of awkward shoe shining, but what do I know? I'm not the CEO of a major corporation

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's a small possibility that Tim knows what he is doing but tbh I think he really is just a very stupid man.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Wow, a lot of folks at that table are A-ok, what a funny band gesture for them all to make.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I do not need to see that man's o face one time, let alone several

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This will have a chilling effect on the novelty dog toy market.

This seems like another straw on the pile of making GBS threads all over fair use and parody.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

drat, let her cook

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
gods 2: the new batch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Killary Clinton strikes again!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rebel Blob posted:

Some methods of propaganda never change.

I dunno, I am forty now and I still look thirty. Perhaps the propaganda is backwards

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cat botherer posted:

Hey we owe American independence to Ben Franklin suckin' and fuckin' basically all of France.

Otoh this seems like a net negative for the world. But on the other *gestures vaguely at England*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Okay well if they don't want to pay taxes I guess we'll just have to eat them and take their money