Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

gh0stpinballa posted:

i will never stop finding it weird that this thread is in D&D and not c-spam given how far left you all are lol

That's what Tory government will do to a population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

At the risk of sounding dense, it's their enything concrete, I - a British citizen living abroad in Sweden - can do to help Labour?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Not So Fast posted:

Why are Lib Dems so obsessed with milk?!

Trying to entice Gapes?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Indeed. Possibly the only thing flaps was involved that got goldmined.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well, Steve Porcaro wrote Human Nature, and they played on the whole album, but Rod Temperton was the real songwriting genius of that album. Also wrote "Boogie Nights", and the stone cold classic "Gimme The Night" for George Benson.

Toto have some absolute belters though, "I'll Be Over You" is way overlooked.

I second sympathy for tiny bronto.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Braggart posted:

Do it, PPJ. Probe yourself!

:a2m: :getin:

But I agree. Mogg is scum.

Now that's not fair.

To scum. Scum can develop culture. They don't need to marry into aristo class and adopt a crude facsimile.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...Is Aaronovitch stating that because he didn't do those things in the last message he himself isn't Jewish, even though he is ethnically Jewish?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dare I ask what Tess's short-lived avatar was?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

On a semi related note to that song I'm experiencing yiddish for the first time as opposed to german and having a lot of fun with the linguistic differences.

Much as I like german as a language I'm beginning to think I might like yiddish better. It seems much more... melodic than german. If I was making up a lanugage for singing in I'm not sure I could come up with one that sounds better. The way the words flow into each other sounds so good. It seems like a language based around how people actually speak.

I don't get why people get all fussy about whether it's a "real language" or not. It's fuckin great whatever it is.

http://www.klesmer-musik.de/arbetlose.htm

I find Yiddish has the 'strong' sound of German, but with the snide-ishness sound of a more Eastern European language, making it fantastic language to sound sarcastic in, as well as to sing in.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

And to think some people thought if we got rid of Pissflaps we'd just devolve into some type of groupthink echo chamber.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

He's like watching a care home resident confusedly shambling around.

Third stage spirochetes?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There wasn't any Soviet colonialism or imperialism, so no.

Makes a change from the nutter-dom coming from neo-liberals and centrists.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BTW, somebody mentioned b3ta earlier; whatever happened to that site?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

xtothez posted:

Corbyn: "your penis has cost us enough in public funds already"

Corbyn: "If we nationalised your penis, perhaps you might be able to determine how many children you have?"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Feck happened here?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

My wife was mentioning the "ɾ" sound and did the "ɾa ɾe ɾu ɾi ɾo" bit, and after pretty much making the guard alert noise and a brief discussion, we decided it would be like if you heard there was an illuminati offshoot called the ABCD, but using cyrillic characters that sounded sort of like ABCD but were not natural for english speakers to make.

If you ever encounter a person who makes fun of other people for confusing r and l sounds, get them to say 'Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry' ten times fast, then watch them get very confused.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...when is the debate tonight?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is there another debate happening?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I was originally calling Epstein ep-steen, but that's because I never actually looked at the spelling, and as I understand all names with 'ie' are pronounced 'ee' and those with 'ei' are pronounced 'eye'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Isn't there... only one way you can chant three one-syllable words?

He's got mud on his face, the big disgrace, somebody better go out him into his place.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

God drat, the worst part is that they've convinced themselves they're correct and good.

The one silver lining is that watching these losers melt the gently caress down when Corbyn becomes PM and doesn't immediately do a genocide is going to be so, so satisfying.

Sorry, Tom, what they're going to do is be self-congratulatory saying that it was due to their diligent commentary that Jeremy was too scared to enact the second Holocaust.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Just remember, Capital will always try to label itself as something other than what it is to attempt to deflect anger away from it and towards others. Don't let yourself fall to these tactics.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I know it's been linked before, but can someone link the support Corbyn has done for Jewish peoples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Thankee