Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

CoolCab posted:

and take it as slow as possible. when i put this machine together last year - something i hadn't ever done from scratch before - the whole process took several days from the parts all arriving. it's very expensive and i didn't know what the gently caress i was doing and needed friends to talk me through some of the scarier parts - it took me literal hours to puzzle out the RGB switch and the reset switch shipping connected wasn't an accident and as such i didn't have a spare connection. i still hosed part of it up and didn't have all my fans running for weeks - it booted.

there's no magic trick to get good at anything it's all just practice. be reasonable on yourself the first go and if you're careful (and well supported) you'll pick it up in a jiffy, but i would hate to have strangers watching.

When I’m into my head (reading academic articles, working puzzles, working with electronic parts) I’m usually unaware of everything else. I don’t talk. There is no way I would film myself doing something esoteric for the first time. Maybe a FaceTime with my brother in law to adjust BIOS settings, but actually clicking things into an already setup mono is pretty easy. I do run stuff by him to check compatibility issues, and configure stuff after first POST. But I understand if it looks insane to build a PC the first time.

My video would be soooo boring because I wouldn’t talk and if I did, it would all be R-rated 🤭.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Wiring management is also a lot easier these days as we don't have huge ribbon cables anymore and modular PSU's are great.

I fully agree. I really hope nobody thought I was calling “PC Build” videos bad; hell, I have Superman’s first build video in my bookmarks. I was only saying MY video would be boring because I don’t get verbal when I’m thinking or solving issues. I love how-to’s of all kinds. Just not a hypothetical by me 😁.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Is there a site that will let you estimate the wattage of a power supply + safety margin a given build will need? I have a pre-built on the way (16Gb RAM 650W non-modular PS) that I’m also doing fine (barely) to buy 16gigs more RAM and $300 left over to get a “better” PS if needed. I hope to not need it, but want to go ahead and fix it up before I stick the tower behind the monitors and forget about it.

Also, is there anything that could damage physical components from being underpowered? I know you can damage parts from a surge in power, but is anything gonna happen and need to add a “stronger” PS?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

njsykora posted:

Plug all your bits into PC Part Picker and it'll spit out a wattage number. Add on 100-200w as a buffer and go with that. 650W will be just fine for most things right now though.

Thanks! I haven’t built a gaming rig since 2015 and was unaware of PCPP having that functionality built in (been looking at prebuilts for a couple of months now just because of gpu/cpu shortages and although I really enjoy building PCs I just couldn’t find parts I wanted. I already matched the RAM and it’ll be here before the computer will. Nice not having to buy a newer PS, too!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Thom P. Tiers posted:

All of that is WAY overkill for anything you are doing, so just make sure you actually are getting a price that can't be beaten.

That’s why I paid MSRP for an evga 970 when I heard the 10xx series would be out soon. It was a good value because I’m still using it in 2021. I have been avoiding most of the newer games that I cannot meet min specs for, and was perfectly happy paying for a 2070/2080ti to last me a few years and getting games I missed, even with the 30xx’s surprising me. Now that 20xx are so overpriced, though, I’ve just been willing to pay a tiny bit more for a better gen that will last at max settings longer. I bought a prebuilt from a company I trust with a 3060ti inside cheaper than the scalper prices for just the card. I got an email at 2:00am a couple of nights ago and had it up and checked out within four minutes. Little bit extra RAM from Amazon (already have 20Gb on my system now, didn’t want to downgrade even if 32Gb is overkill for anything today).

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This doesn't really have anything to do with what I was telling Ramadu as the computer was going to be used to play bloons. I wanted to make sure they weren't actually buying a 3900x and 32GB of RAM with an x570 to play bloons. (turns out, Ramadu got an absolute steal!)

What you are doing is perfectly fine.

I had to look up “Bloons” on Google. I thought the autocorrect tossed out “balloons” and he didn’t notice! :aaa: You kids with your Flappy Birds and your Elderly Scrolls!

Edit: Pilfered Pallbearers posted:
If you bought a pre-built, it's likely the PSU is "just exactly enough to power what's in it."

That being said, Ram will not add enough overhead to matter here.

Also why spend that money on ram? Unless you have a specific need 16gb is probably more than fine, and ram is one of the few components that straight won't matter what comes in the prebuilt.

For the simple fact that although I won’t “need” it right now, I bought enough books and ebooks from Amazing last year that I had enough money in gift cards and rewards to exactly match the RAM in my computer and while 16Gb is plenty with the state/specs of games right now, who knows what will be required for games/software five years from now? And I can’t really spend it anywhere else. So that left enough USD to buy a better, more modular PS if I find my new included PS is underpowered. At the local family-owned computer store in Collierville. I could save the gift card balance, sure. But the memory was a cheap, exact match down to color of my computer’s, and available by Monday. I’m not young enough to believe “free money,” but it is basically company script.

Plus, I have 20Gb in my soon-to-be old desktop, and what kind of Goon would I be if my new system had less? 😜I already live in my parents’ attic! Besides, if it’s taken months to source parts now, who knows what will be available in several years? I could have had a new system in January, but I am not going to pay 4x the cost of the entire rest of the build for a graphics upgrade.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 27, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ramadu posted:

I wont lie, i was bein a little silly cause I do play other games but we play a lot of multiplayer bloons on discord and it uh, has provided far far more fun and entertainment than you'd expect.

bloons is real good

It looks neat!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ugly In The Morning posted:

RAM is the one thing I consistently tell people is worth overshooting on, if only because the price can go apeshit and it’s better to have too much now and enough later than enough now and have to pay double per gig later. Plus it gives you wiggle room if something is programmed terribly and is a memory hog for no reason.

Those are considerations I thought as well. Like I said, I had Amazon credits and if 1) RAM is cheaper it won’t bother me about overspending a bit a year or two before, and 2) RAM is more expensive I probably won’t notice because I won’t be in a hurry to buy any!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Zil posted:

Thank you for this, went ahead and pulled the trigger on a be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900. Really liked the customization options it offered plus no RGB.

Don’t you know the RGB gives you more RAM compression? And you need a case with a handle on top so you have an easier time carrying the tower to your LAN parties? How else are bros going to know how overclocked your hard drive is without the RGB showing through the glass side panel(s)?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Just so you guys get the amount of water a fab uses, the GloFo plant near me uses the equivalent of a city of 30-40k.

Amateurs! Bitcoin burns energy faster than Argentina sometimes while powered by water!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I worked at a 1100MW combined cycle natural gas power plant and it didn’t use nearly as much water as that chip fan. Though the atmospherically cooled condenser helps recycle a ton of the demineralized water that gets used there. Not really an option for a chip fab.

I will say this: have you ever seen an ice block made slowly with ultra pure water? It’s invisible!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I know I could ask Google, but just for gaming:

1) Can you overclock an Intel chip these days? Used to only be possible easier with AMD.

2) What is better, non-extreme overclocking or setting up Turbo in BIOS as to performance vs risk of physically damaging a CPU?

3) Which GPU is better (by any factor) for AAA gaming plus WoW and modded Skyrim, a 3060ti or 3070? Why?

Again, I really learn more from Goons of ALL hobbies because we can interact and answer in very specific situations instead of a Google result that may be three years old. I also soon may “inherent” a 50” TV with an HDMI hookup that isn’t new enough tech for a display port (LCD LED flat panel). I’ll use it as a monitor from 3.5’-4’ away for gaming at 120MHz 4K. I don’t understand monitor/TV tech and have read the entire monitor/display thread. Will a stock 3070 drive this at a >60 frame rate? I’m still reading the other thread and have “caught up” to Dec 2020 so don’t want to ask if the topic is answered like four posts above🥸.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Are you sure that TV can do 120hz? Most TVs that advertise that feature are cheating and it’s just some weird filter.

All I know is I bought it years ago and I spent $50 more for the model at Best Buy that had “120 MHz” on the box. I have never dived into how it works so it is entirely possible they suckered me into spending more for the same display as the “older” model. I also have never tested any component in my current computer (do keep it clean internally and monitor heat with Speccy). The only thing I check whenever I use my desktop is network speed because it sometimes fails to get a new ip after a release/renew cycle. I gotta wait anyway because I blew my wallet up buying the new computer. And I will be happy buying a few games I missed since release that my current computer won’t play (various Tomb Raiders, Squadrons, and the BattleTech games).

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Basically all TVs lie about 120hz, barring maybe some $6k monstrosity.

I can run WoW and Skyrim (heavily modded but no graphical upgrades) at 1080p 60 FPS with my 2015-era 970. Streaming Netflix or YouTube is easy and looks really good, too. I don’t feel like I must upgrade, but it’ll be nice to play some relatively recent games, especially making VR possible. Looks like a fun feature. My games have been locked to 60 FPS via game settings since I built it, though, and the main reason I wondered about 4K is for Netflix/YouTube anyway.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...6BAgBEHs&adurl=

Red ones 😝

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I meant vr-wise.

Oh😜. I don’t have any because I’ve never needed them yet because my currently in use hardware won’t play nice. (20Gb RAM, GTX 970). Any tips or things to look for? I won’t be able to get some for a while but have seen some gameplay vids on YouTube and can’t wait!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

20GB of ram?

I haven't kept on top of the vr market for a couple years now, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help there, but the resolution and refresh rate of the headset you choose is going to set a performance floor on your hardware. I think the main vr thread is in Games.

Ok. I got my headset for Christmas of 2017 for playing WoW and I never realized that there were actually any differences besides price! I got this one from the checkout line at Academy Sports for $16 + tax!

Also, 20 Gb RAM because I built it to replace my old computer with 4 Gb, and my newer mobo had 16. Exact same RAM, down to the timing, so once I tested them I threw them into the newer one. I think I tested according to suggestions itt and even with a billion tabs in Opera, pages in office, speccy, Microsoft Store, WSL2 Debian, and Skyrim open I run at like 65% utilization. I remember bragging about my Packard Bell with 128 Mb playing DOOM and Duke Nukem :clint: .

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

njsykora posted:

It's worth noting that a 970 was the minimum spec for the original Oculus Rift, with resolutions having gotten way bigger since then you're probably going to be better off either focusing on a GPU upgrade (lol) or spending the cash on an Oculus Quest 2 to do standalone VR, of course the Quest comes with issues of its own as the VR thread OP implies.

My pre-built came in yesterday and I have a brand new 3070 inside. Still copying 140Gb worth of files to a flash drive at USB 1.0 speeds. Once this is done I will finally be able to slip the newer one into the older one’s place. I don’t even have a VR set for the reasons above. Glad to see some updated prices, so thanks!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

tuyop posted:

Oh god why didn’t you just copy it over the network :psyduck:

Everything was unplugged and cleaned and I knew it would take forever so I just went to bed. My Granny woke me up for coffee and my parents didn’t get up until 10:30. I just got up here and everything is done. It’s like I didn’t even notice the time!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Khizan posted:

I'm guessing he's talking about a headphones-and-mic headset and not a VR one.

<nods>
Can’t afford decent hardware after my computer came in $0.72 under budget.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I mean, the PS4 had what, 8GB? And the HZD port still ended up pushing my system usage to 21GB. It was because the port was bad, yeah, but 32GB gives you more wiggle room for dealing with when ports are hosed up. PC’s usually have more RAM overhead than consoles so I would expect more than 16 to be useful in the near future.

I have 64GB myself but I built my PC with 32. I just got bored one day and wanted an excuse to open it up and dick around.

Yeah my computer from 2010 “donated” 2x2Gb RAM to my 2015 computer. They were the exact same specs as my newer 2x8Gb so I threw it in the open sockets instead of the drawer downstairs with like 90Gb of older desktop and laptop RAM in various sized sticks, including my original 128Mb setup from my 1997 $2500 Packard Bell from Sears. It was a college graduation present to use for early early 3D anatomy and emailed MRI/CT files to practice on.

But techie folk I talk computer with always had this strange look on their faces when I mentioned having 20Gb of RAM and a 128Gb single ssd as a desktop. My ssd 6 years later is still at 87Gb storage out of that 128, because I keep nonessential files that aren’t used often on a 2Tb thumb drive. I didn’t even clone the win10Pro drive, just copied my huge 70Gb WoW/Skyrim files and mods and configure stuff, and my 10Gb Desktop and Downloads folder because I don’t have an internet connection for redownloading 80Gb of poo poo at 4G LTE speeds. That WD Blue 1Tb ssd recommended to me itt is awesome, though: thanks to whoever did due diligence on that one!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

For a bit my computer from 2001 had like 1.5GB RAM because of weird mismatched sticks in my desperate attempts to keep it working. I have no idea if there was a giant performance hit, I was like 15.

That’s the same one where I cut open the case and routed a second power supply to everything but the motherboard because the Compaq power supply couldn’t keep up with the Radeon 9800 in there and I couldn’t get the motherboard to take anything but the original PSU.

Yeah my brother erased my cassette-tape 400ish line BASIC screen annihilator by recording over it with a bootleg copy of Eddie Murphy: Raw. Worst fight we physically ever had. He whooped me, but I stole all four D batteries out of his boom box and we were too young to drive and get more. Even Steven in my reckoning.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ramadu posted:

whats the good thermal paste

Colgate Whitening

Edit: I got some tube of thermal paste in my computer drawer that I’ve used for over a decade building PCs for family members, and I still can’t remember its name! Hope I didn’t sound “snarky” with the quick response above !

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 19, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
How old is your PS? I’ve lost files before to component failure (had backups, nbd) but a bad PSU can (rarely) burn out something expensive.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Kild posted:

Uh, I think around 5 years old, I got it when I bought my GTX 1060

My PS that I bought for my 970-rig has been running for close to an 80% uptime (would be more but I forgot that I’d bought it in 2015 and had literal months away from home). It’s running really well for what became a Frankensteinian monster from cannibalism of older parts sitting around. I have all my files backed up, and may end with some dire OS from a YouTube video just for the fun of trying it out/insane trip report.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

That’s why I said retail/near retail. It’s not supposed to be a 1000 dollar card. MSRP is like 400, but good luck getting one for that. I only got mine for MSRP because I got very lucky in January.

Yeah I’d been looking for months and ended up with a extremely pleasant pre-built from ibuypower sold on Newegg. I prefer to build my own, but I couldn’t find even an older graphics card that would still outperform my 970 rig. I saved a bit not needing a monitor or any new peripherals except for a hdmi to vga cord and a display port to hdmi cord. But it has held up to abuse for almost a month so today I threw away the boxes it came in and will upgrade to Win10 pro tonight! It really is easier to let them build it because my calculations of components + GPU show me hitting right at MSRP per piece, including the RTX 3070.

Edit: Forgot to mention storage. Bitcoiners (a general terms) are now buying up ssds and wiping out inventory just like GPUs. I don’t think you can even buy a 1Tb platter for MSRP already, and big drives are mostly gone. If you need storage for anything besides gaming, I don’t see regular prices on storage right now either. At least CPUs are slightly more available on shelves this week.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 27, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Zereth posted:

... oh I was using pcpartpicker to find places to buy and that wasn't listed. I just ordered one for more from WD directly.

annnnd I didn't make an account so I don't seem to have a "cancel order" option, oh well, it's not THAT much money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is this even the right thread to ask about an external hard drive enclosure I can hook up with USB?

Sounds like a useful question. About computer parts. Ask away (also need to hear this answered; my previous build is a 2015 era with 3Tb storage on three 7200rpm HDDs and 1 128Gb SSD for OS/games.) I am wondering if some of my families older IDE hard drives and SATA III drives can be put in an enclosure because I have several drives and USB to whatever cords stacked next to hubs and plugged in only for large backups.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
:same:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

CoolCab posted:

we have a whole GPU thread you'd be welcome in but long answer short - demand has never been higher for a bunch of good (covid related extra money sloshing around, gamers having skipped the previous generation for being poor value, ludicrous pricing hype this gen was insane before tariffs, etc) and a bunch of utterly terrible (shortages due to drought/covid, global silicon production bottlenecks and, this is a big one, a new crypto boom).

Don’t forget CPUs for car manufacturers and EVERY MOTHERFUCKIN HDD on the shelves because of the Chia pets.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Broken Machine posted:

Here's the av w/ the background fixed:

Is this that “doggiecoin” Linux blockchain-thinggee? Looks cute!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Joiny posted:

And ya, I'm not a reseller or scalper, just a normal dude who wants to play my games. I may try to sell my 970 since I won't need it anymore though.

Edit: Oh ya, no crypto or mining either. I hate it.

I got my old computer hooked up to my TV. I will never sell my GTX 970! It was (is) the best piece of electronic goods I ever owned. No trouble installing fans quiet from day 1 never any driver hiccups. EVGA is solid, man.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I decided to order a prebuilt about six months ago and simply signing up for notifications to like thirty places. After a few months of two to four hours of sleep a few days over December and a period of four 1/2 days with none at all I wound up slipping into psychosis and after ect and med changes and sedation, I got a prebuilt ibuypower with a 3070 and even with the custom psu upgrade I had it here, with ALL TotL parts a week later. I paid a premium, but it was worth it because I got the whole thing for the price of a scapler’s 3080.

I rebuilt my last generation computer (GTX 970) just for something to try new/old operating systems on and gently caress around with old games and programs. I also found my old Ubuntu 8.14 DVD that Canonical mailed me because back then my data cap meant it would take two or three months to download :argh: ,four if I wanted to spend bandwidth on anything else during the first three.

edit: Satellite internet in a very rural area that couldn’t even hit 28.8Kb with a 56K v.90 over the copper lines was brutal.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 17, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

CoolCab posted:

normally it would be kind of lateral compared to building with tradeoffs, but as you demonstrated a single component literally costs as much as a full system including that component. it's not normally advice i would give and it's certainly not something i'd normally suggest in the pc building thread but the the GPU shortage is that bad.

depends entirely if it's a prebuild - ie, a fully manufactured device sitting in a box, or a build to order, which can take longer as they are also subject to the same GPU pressures, although they have an enormous advantage.

Don’t forget the different car companies buying your quality processor chips and motherfuckin CHI-CHI-CHI-CHIA destroying ssds and buying all the hdd space left to play the lottery for :10bux: or less.

On a personal note I haven’t seen an armadillo on my land since 2020and the fire ant hills are getting huge. Any Amazon Fulfillment Centers drone dropping anteaters from Texas to Tennessee? I’ve got Prime AND kindle unlimited!!!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-P...ctronics&sr=1-4

is this a good product/price?

i was gonna hold off on buying an ssd until black friday but i'm hearing that bitcoin dipshits are starting to get their grubby little mitts on hard drives as they have with gpus

There are still drives available, but the farmers found out the really good high performance ssds are burned out quickly and so are actually buying more than they originally thought they needed. So get a good ssd with size and benchmarks because they potentially could be expensive by Black Friday. Maybe an extra 7200 hdd for actually storing non-performance based files (docs, pics, etc). I hate thinking that far out, but I was going to replace my 970 with a 2070 or so last September and couldn’t believe what the price was. Figured it’d be cheaper BF or after the Christmas season.

drat was I wrong.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

LifeSunDeath posted:

I too would enjoy a 3080 for 200 dollars.

I’d actually be scared off by that. It’s either burned up from mining or a Chinese knock-off at that price.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

MonkeyFit posted:

Probably integrated graphics at that price point. Which to be fair are way better than they were 10 years ago.

I had the same thought. Integrated graphics would be killer with old favorites like original Tomb Raider or (looking through old physical game media) something like X-wing vs Tie Fighter or Quake/Unreal/Doom/Wolfinstein or even more modern equivalents. That’s not even close to the sheer number of games that are fun for any age via emulation. New IG chips for last-gen tech still looks good, too. It would not just be economical, but avoid the whole GPU situation as well. As he gets a little older Oblivion or other Elder Scrolls titles are fun especially because it’s easier to avoid spoilers while still finding all help sources if you get stuck. I had more fun (even with a crippled class decision) in EQ in 1999 because loading a new zone you’ve never heard of at level five where you discover wandering level 9 bears was actually an adrenaline event! Introduce him to PCs now, he may grow up working in the field or equally lucrative job because his Uncle taught him how to run DOS when he was 13 or how to set up a network because he’s 15 to play CoD ultimate with you on his new quantum rig! I know tablets can be good these days, but some of my own kid’s best memories are when we were able to chat (I grew up with IRC before broadband was economically sound) and transfer his main WoW characters from my account to his own and we could sit in the auction house in Ironforge and I could help with homework before killing a world boss with my guild (of which he was the only member allowed who was under 25 because he participated sitting in my lap and made friends who didn’t realize he was only 10 via text chat when he was helping kill Hogger) 👍🏼.

He uses a MacBook now, but has too much going on to game for hours with his old man, but he’s also watched a ton of my favorite movies and read some of my books all to connect better with his Dad 300 miles away. TBH, I’ll take it and be thankful. We bonded over a lifetime and both PCs and PC media we shared makes it possible even during lockdown and quarantines!

Sorry for the long post, but he called earlier to ask advice for his first anniversary with his lady and I got nostalgic 🤪.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 19, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

change my name posted:

Plutocracy Of Gamers (POGgers)

North Plutocracy Of Gamers
(NoPOGers)

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I would really like to see the autocorrect that this came from “Depends.”

:thunk:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

spunkshui posted:

Anyone else have issues with the i and o keys on their phone?

Or dongs where they shouldn’t be?

Its a real problem 😞

I hope it didn't upset you. I understand problems and I try to text my brother "Brian," but my phone always autocorrects it to "Buttcoin." I don't have the heart to tell him.

Smythe posted:

add more fans. very very simple. still too hot? more fans. take the side off and put a box fan if too extreme.

You laugh but my 10 year old fans were giving signs of distress a year ago and I took off the sides and put a desktop oscillating fan behind my smaller monitor2 and didn't replace the fans until I got them with my new computer 6ish weeks ago. I would've done the right thing if it was the cpu fan or something, but never needed them to replace until I was worried about putting it in the underside of my old computer desk where airflow is worse. No "techie" reason, just lazy. My new machine runs cooler and quieter even at full load.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Condenser Recording Microphone 3.5mm Plug and Play PC Mic, Studio Broadcast Music Microphone for Computer Desktop Laptop MAC Windows Online Chatting Podcast YouTube/Gaming/Streaming/Recording https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VF3FYSB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JJA214BCQWWT05Q0NDZ6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have this (it’s predecessor, really) and I’ve had it for years before I bought a complete headset. If you have Amazon prime it’s only :10bux: and I never really thought about quality of the sound because I don’t use a microphone when I talk to myself. If you don’t have prime it’s like $20 or so, and you already have earphones so that’s a win!