Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

New Trump catchphrase (in an extremely Sgt. Schultz voice): “I want nothing.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

E-flat posted:

It's quite true, very fitting. He doesn't want for anything except maybe his father's praise

I think it has an excellent chance of being added to his Greatest Tweets lineup.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Yes and impeach the motherfucker pls

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

“They didn’t know about the hold” is so self evidently a dumb defense because they know that they haven’t received $400 million and they know who’s supposed to be sending it.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

$400 million of military aid isn't something that everyone's going to assume the check's in the mail when there's an active invasion going on. It's the sort of thing the Ukrainian government is going to have multiple people tracking every step of the way.

Yeah this (E; fb)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Does anyone know what Fox is going with for headlines with all of this? Do they just have “NOT CRIMES” in caps or are they trying to change the topic to the al-bagdahdi dog or something?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Bernie Madoff reference in 2019. Bold and timely choice.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Kith posted:

I'm torn between "I feel bad for making so much work for you" and "thank you for so kindly distributing my lovely photoshop"

Do we think the note is his own handwriting or does he make his staff write in all caps?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

pahuyuth posted:

Nunes is so pathetic

My Pro Wrestling name is loser fuckface nunes and my catchphrase is “point of order, Mr. Chairman.”

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 21, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

Can we have multiple tags?

“If you want your tag, you can keep your tag.” :obama:

th3t00t posted:

Imagine if you hired a hit man to kill someone and then your defense is that “I didn’t tell the hit man to commit 1st degree murder, I just told him that I wanted this other guy whacked” See? Total exoneration!

Hell, especially if they caught the hitman because he was too inept to whack the guy.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 21, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Now I want some delicious sandwiches too.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Schiff should say “Mr. Jordan this is not a GYM.”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Madkal posted:

Come on Hill, don't talk about Trump's feelings.

No it’s good, imagine the inevitable twitter response.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:unsmith: “I’m in Kiev.”

:chaostrump: “ARE YOU IN UKRAINE?”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Zero evidence! (Firsthand)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Oracle posted:

I took this as 'compared to my rabidly right wing coal mining family yeah I look like a leftist'

“Letting Thatcher drop a mine on my head to own Labour.”

E: Actually it’s too bad Gillian Anderson is playing Margaret Thatch in the Crown, she’d be a really good Fiona Hill in the inevitable film.

Trump should just be played by real clips of Trump tho.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 22, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Gnumonic posted:

Not that it really loving matters. Even though every loving GOP senator knows that failing to impeach this moron will establish forever that the president is above the law, and that Trump will take this as an excuse to ignore every rule or constraint on him, I doubt there will be more than 50 votes for removal (if that).

Even though he won’t get removed showing how corrupt he is will at least put a stop to any persuadable person ever buying into “at least he’s draining the swamp.” Yeah there are a lot of chuds who won’t care but making sure he can’t get beyond that base of support (and driving turnout against him) is necessary. It’s not a One Weird Trick to beating Trump, but that’s life.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

There is no way Republicans are gonna allow Trump to be questioned in person, is there? Like, that in itself is extremely abnormal.

Biden should play chicken with Trump here and promise to testify if Trump goes first.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Swallwell Knew

More like :smug:well I guess.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

eke out posted:

wapo matches the CNN story

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1ebc_story.html

and we get the first member of HPSCI going on record as wanting to hear from Parnas

e: coda:

https://twitter.com/VickyPJWard/status/1198340526606573568

Throw in a Nunes impeachment

:getin:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's unbelievable that Dershowitz is still in public life.

Really? It’s unbelievable that a smug rear end in a top hat is famous and on TV all the time?

Dershowitz is a tradition as American as apple pie or making servers live off of tips.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mcmagic posted:

No that isn't the reason. He was directly implicated as a child rapist....

Which is also super common in public life, and it should be needless to say that’s a bad thing.

I guess now that I think about it public life is legit terrible.

(E; fb)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/politics/trump-impeachment-team/index.html

Key quote: “Why are they doing this?”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I’d assume the prosecution goes first with their witnesses but who knows what Calvinball rules they end up passing.

Also I think I mentioned it in the other thread but there’s nothing to stop the 53 Republicans from just subpoenaing Hunter by majority vote so it’s not like Democrats can really trade anything in a meaningful sense here.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 22, 2020

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Do we know why the Republicans aren't just voting to call Hunter Biden and no one else?

Because they mostly prefer no witnesses to an even more obvious sham.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

did he actually say anything? what the gently caress was his argument.

That Alan Dershowitz is cool because he also didn’t like the Clinton impeachment and is against climate change.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Question is: “If the whistleblower is unbiased why am I dumb and so goddamn crazy.”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Are my ears playing tricks on me or did Roberts literally pronounce it “Douchowitz”? Lol forever.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 30, 2020

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Sekulow: “loving warrants, how do they work?”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Anything that diminishes the trust in Roberts or the court is great in my book.

Good thing we’ve got an impeachment trial to lay it out then.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SevenTEEN Witnesses. So many witnesses.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dershowitz: “If you say abuse of power is now a crime, how will future presidents be able to shake down dependent foreign governments? Checkmate :smugdog:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I love the Rubio excuse. “Yes he did it and it’s impeachable but not removable.” The ultimate hedge against criticisms from hellworld a few years down the line.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

th3t00t posted:

So Bolton just implicated Cippollone as a co-conspirator in the Ukraine scheme?

Aren’t lawyers bound by ethics laws that make it illegal for them to lie on behalf of their clients? Or allow their co-counsel to lie on behalf of their client in their defense?

Like, you get disbarred and go to jail for using a defense that you know is a lie because the evidence has been withheld? That’s how this is supposed to work, why are people not freaking out about this?

What is “known” to be a lie is defined very narrowly in this context which is why lawyers say false poo poo all the time.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

People been saying in USPOL for years that the trajectory of the GOP would go:

1) He didn't do it
2) Fine, he did it, but it's not a crime
3) Fine, he did it, and it's a crime, but who cares?

We are solidly into part 3 now.

He poo poo himself on purpose but it smells ok really. This is fine.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

We’ll probably never know if it was the straw that broke the camel’s back but lol at Trump being dumb af to vow revenge on Mitt over witnesses before the final vote.

Unfortunately the longer Manchin/Sinema hold out probably the more likely theirs will be stealth acquittal announcements right before the vote.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 5, 2020

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I’m genuinely surprised, I guess he’s not running for Governor then.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Turned out pretty good then. Too bad we couldn’t get that Bolton testimony but it will all come out in the book anyway. House should still subpoena him as an oversight matter too.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Lol Romney did an embargoed interview with the Atlantic a week ago explaining why he was voting to convict.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/02/romney-impeach-trump/606127/

Haha dunking on the Dersh:

“I had Professor Dershowitz for criminal law in law school,” Romney said, “and he was known to occasionally take his argument to its illogical conclusion.”

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

What a collosal waste of time.

For who? It’s not like Mitch was gonna let the Senate do some good for the world in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

coronavirus posted:

You are joking but Trump will probably be acquitted in another impeachment in like 2022 or so.

Yeah the problem now is some number of the voting public and more importantly house reps will not want to do another impeachment until Trump does something obviously and significantly worse so there will be a lot of same-level crimes between now and then that will kind of blend together.