Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope it they make a Gremlins 3 it doesn't soil the good name of Gremlins 2.

Well, they're making an animated series for HBO Max, so, coin toss on what'll happen there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, seriously?

It's called Secrets of the Mogwai and takes place in 1920s Shanghai.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That DICK! posted:

A dream that pisses me off is the one where you think you’ve suddenly discussed an extra room in your living space and you’re like oh wow this is great and somehow it’s already furnished even not the best stuff but I can switch out this or that, but then you wake up and you’re like, crap I have the same amount of rooms. I also don’t like the dream where you’re trying to drive from the back seat of the car

I’ve literally had both of these dreams, except every time I’ve had the driving one I’m always driving from behind the passenger seat

What could it mean? :iit:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

yea ok posted:

my mommy got me the before trilogy (POsted about before in the old thread) on blu ray. very kind of her for that.

Did she also sing you a waltz

this is just about the oddest reference for anyone who hasn't seen at least the second movie

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

At some point you gotta roll with it and go "hey, it's what got people in the theaters back then."

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

For a Nintendo game that’s like they’re giving it away

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I don’t know from what but my YouTube feed has turned into nothing but ProZD videos

I’m cool with this

https://youtu.be/UgsDt_y8CC0

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Shayna Baszler posted:

i always romance Larry when playing as Female Shemp. the scene where he plays the violin before sacrificing himself is so touching.

The saddest rendition of Pop Goes The Weasel to ever be in video games, they still say now

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Returnal is the most soul crushing game i’ve played. I have no idea why I am continuing. Spending hours on a run getting completely maxed out weapons and health, with two extra lives saved up only to be killed in under a minute by a flock of magnetite pokemon is just depressing as hell. I have been playing since release and I hate it but can’t stop.

Welcome to roguelikes

The coffee's over there

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel you but like, Dead Cells, Hades (arguably a very easy one but it's also a great one), spelunky and poo poo like that I had fun the whole time. With returnal I'm not sure i'm having fun it's definitely...fun adjacent? but it's fun like watching the House that Jack Built is fun...so mostly sad and demoralizing.

If anyone has any tips let me know, all the online guides basically just say "get lucky and also get good".

The best advice to give is "if it glows, shoot at it, not like there's innocents on this planet; collect as much resin as possible to raise your health bar ASAP, and never stop doing that; pick the weapon you're best at and pretty much toss aside every other weapon; figure out which perks on that weapon also help you, and then toss aside anything that doesn't either increase that perk or have a huge jump in how much damage it can deliver; fell in a trap room and know for a fact that the Cthulu-rear end thing is going to kill you in like five seconds? Run like hell to the transporter, they activate immediately. Also open every goddamn gate you see."

Also, the game's a bit more rewarding to people who play it like a Platinum game, since the dodge has a bunch of frames where you're invincible, much like those games tend to. Like, you can dodge through a shockwave or bullet hell if you're good enough. In fact, that might be the best advice: master the dodge mechanic and make the game your completely consensual bitch.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

God really has it in for the Pagoda this weekend between Thauros vs The Truck and now this.

Hope for the best for you and yours.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

My thoughts on lauded blockbusters I watched this week, somehow for the first time:

Predator: Bitchin character design. Balls to the walls action - when it happens. The cloaking effects were as dated as you'd expect for early 90s digital FX, and surprisingly it had pacing issues. This is Halloween for dudes who do steroids and vote for Reagan. Lol'd at how little they explain about why the Predator is just rollin around snatchin peoples skin and skulls.

Uh, that movie came out in 1987, and all the effects are optical

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I loving loved American Graffiti, and I love it even more now knowing that it literally got made because somebody (Francis Ford Coppola?) dared George Lucas to make a movie that was the complete opposite of his normal writing.

It was Coppola, but it wasn't a dare so much as he legitimately put money down that George couldn't do an emotion-driven picture instead of an intellectual-driven one. George looked at it as a way to decompress from the months he had spent chiseling away at Apocalypse Now on and off with Milius, although the ending of Graffiti reveals that, well, all that poo poo was still on his mind, and the US versus North Vietnam would also influence his silly space opera saga that was ballooning to 300+ pages at the time...

Funny enough, John Landis, #1 Helicopter Parent, hated Graffiti when he first saw it, which is why Animal House does a pisstake of the ending. He thought it was maudlin and drunk off nostalgia and specifically asked Ramis, Kenney, and Miller to make fun of it with their ending; it wasn't until Edgar Wright was running a month-long series at the New Beverly ahead of Scott Pilgrim's release and ran a double feature of Animal and Graffiti that Landis, having already done a Q&A with Wright about House and deciding to sit through Graffiti since he was already there, watching the ending with thirty years of life having gone by, that he realized the ending was actually heartbreaking and cut through him like a knife (or, if you will, like a helicopter rotor through Vic Morrow and two children). Somehow "THIS CHARACTER GOT HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER AND DIED, AND THIS CHARACTER ENDED UP MIA IN VIETNAM" after watching Curt leave on a jet plane being he first two things you see in those blurbs wasn't enough to make him realize the whole loving movie was George lamenting the end of his generation's innocence, transforming his little light ensemble comedy into a tragedy with that little bit of text. Half of a group of friends wiped from existence by things they had no control over.

Now let's never speak of More American Graffiti, of which the only interesting thing is the completely different choice in film stocks and aspect ratios per character story and use of split-screen, and everything else is flaming garbage.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, she didn't look like her but she absolutely NAILED the mannerisms/underlying sense of anxiety and dread that Duvall showed (partly because Kubrick was a horrible monster towards her).

You might be shocked to find that Duvall herself doesn’t agree with that take on things: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...hining-4130256/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

there's no shenmaniacs here!

Hulk Hogan’s Sailormania