Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
grabbed druidstone on threadrec thirty minutes before end of sale, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm in the mood for some mindless, grindy shooting fun. Warframe or Destiny 2?

imo the shooting is more satisfying in destiny, warframe has more parkour and somewhat more ridiculous magic

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Not sure if I mentioned this in the previous thread but "Heaven's Vault" is an extremely cool video game, I have like 50 hours in it and loved every second.

yeah seconded, it's a decent enough point and click adventure game attached to super super super cool linguistic archaeology

I wish there were a sprint toggle or something but it's still one of my favorite puzzle-adjacent games of all time

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Hello, I would be liking opinions on very much my jam Junji Ito World of Horror game from those who have played please and thank you.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

World of Horror - excuse me, WORLD OF HORROR - is now on early access on Steam and I think it's quite decent already. It also has permadeath, which makes it clearly a roguelite. :v:

Black and white cosmic horror adventure-ish game with simple turn-based combat. You have to solve a randomized selection of horror mysteries to get to the endgame and, presumably, prevent an (also variable) elder god from returning to the world. The art's pretty nifty and there's at least enough content so far I haven't had a lot of repetition yet. Still EA though, so there's probably an awful lot of content yet to be added.

it's also been in development for a while, here's an RPS article from three years ago

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/01/13/world-of-horror-inspired-by-junji-tio/

combat's gotten substantially more involved and interesting since then, for one thing

more recent article: https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-horror-a-creepy-1-bit-style-horror-rpg-will-release-next-month/

apparently only ten mysteries in so far, darn

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Got my first win on world of horror, it's very good even with the early access amount of content.

Best moment in a mystery so far is the Good End for the apartment eel mystery :getin:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i support the Space Pirates And Zombies recommendation

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

dungeons 3: good or bad

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Serephina posted:

If you liked DK2? Bad.

that settles that then

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ymgve posted:

Try Subnautica next and discover your other phobias!

when I got to the area where the narrator says it's supposed to be terrifying I was all "whew, thank god for confined spaces where I can see lights in the distance"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

explosivo posted:

Yeah my friends and I stopped last night at the boss fight with the big fire dragon.. thing.. and I remarked how loving impossible that fight must be without help. As a group we struggled with the adds so much that we didn't beat the fight yet because we kept getting killed either by the adds or by the boss while we were dealing with the adds. If they don't change the amount of spawns during a boss fight then holy poo poo good luck.

On an unrelated note, what's the status of Civ 6 these days? Is it good enough with the expansions to be about where Civ 5 was once it got it's expansions?

I only played Remnant real early after release but I assume adds do still in fact depend on number of players.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

haldolium posted:

looks generic as poo poo, very good to avoid.

In the meantime go play Spiritfarer. It's very chill, mostly well exectued, mixed a lot of different mechanics into a great adventure. Also you can hug animals all the time. It's very good.

liking spiritfarer so far, does the management get complex to any meaningful degree?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I love wadgeteye games, and unavowed is an achievement in the genre. it takes place in the same universe as blackwell, so you may want to play those first, but it's not really important outside of a few references here and there. that said, I still recommend playing blackwell because those games are good.

yeah i've been chipping away at unavowed and it does seem rad for a point and click

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

John Lee posted:

:thejoke:

They make a lot of plays on the phrase, and it's even worse/better in Japanese.

"We've got a game for you to translate, starting with the title. It means 'be a good person'. It also is a homophone for 'good people die'. Good luck!"

Virtue's Last Reward

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Any of you played The Church in the Darkness? It's cheap right now and has mixed reviews and the negatives mostly seem to be that the game isn't super deep and is mainly a shallow stealth game with some randomized elements.

it's fine

i was hoping for something much deeper but i won twice and felt pretty happy with my experience

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mescal posted:

Soundtrack and sound design make a massive difference in how well a game ages. Extra for first person.

I get the impression that Prey wants me to use GLOO a lot more than I am. I can 1. slow down enemies 2. make a little height to jump a tiny tiny bit higher 3. calm down arcing electronics. Am I missing anything?

You can do more sequence breaking than you think with it (there are a couple set piecds where othet employers have helpfully demonstrated the staircase process) and it's a pretty decent stun tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

field balm posted:

Any real chill basebuilder games on sale? I don't mind complicated building/factory stuff just don't want to have to fight off enemies or anything while I do it. Ideally I just want to smoke up and then build a comfy place!

dunno if it's on sale but Against The Storm may be what you're looking for