Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

threand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ili posted:

Owyazgarn?

yeah nah yeah

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

unaustralian imo

if they're gonna shove it down our throats the least they could do is give us a day off

lest we forget

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

GBS Aus: tell the prime minister to get hosed (no politics)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m watching a pretty faced wallaby eat bugs off the wet ground and I’m having a hard time dealing with how good they are at using their hands

this is a bit of a rude way to refer to your missus

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tardwrangler posted:

Your stats thread in qcs is a great read burgerquest

:patriot:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ili posted:

Yeah you can get done for speeding on a bicycle. Cops have done people for breaking the speed limit going down Mt Coot-tha.

fuckin pigs

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ili posted:

Nah that's bullshit. The country's pretty good I reckon. Like if you wanna put on your auspol glasses and find poo poo to whinge about you surely can, but in the main it's a p good place to live.

it's good to step back and remember this sometimes. like where else would you even want to live

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I think it's just tolerance

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Laserface posted:

I would assume that the scales for weighing produce are calibrated within the laws

yeah, i used to work in supermarket tech support and all the scales get certified every 6 months

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:eyepop:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

Seems like as good a time as any to rewatch 12 Monkeys

the movie, or the tv show

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i miss the days where cabs weren't allowed to turn you down based on where you were going

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

waking up screaming from a dream that I forgot the lubemobile number

firteen ... firty ... noooooooooo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

oh my godd i snort laughed for a solid minute

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

Woman at work has a kid in grade 2 and her school told her she might have to homeschool him when they shut down and she's panicking because she "can't spell or write or do maths or any of that sciencey stuff. I'll just be showing him how to do art and I'm not even very good at that."

what does she do for a job? let me guess, upper management?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Megabound posted:

Work from home day one going well, so far no one has noticed I'm outsourcing to my cat.

ergodox buddy :hfive:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

well why not posted:

empty quote this if you would fight the pope

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hiding your weed in the PS2 drive bay.

that thing was made for weed storage

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm the dude on the train rapping the last word of every line in a beastie boys song and I think I'm dope as gently caress but without a doubt a substantial number of people are changing carriage bc of me

this is why i drive, its so i can be that guy and not drive anyone away with my dope rhymes

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jestery posted:

"Shut up" is a direct command with a meaning very similar to "be quiet", but which is commonly perceived as a more forceful command to stop making noise or otherwise communicating, such as talking. The phrase is probably a shortened form of "shut up your mouth" or "shut your mouth up". Its use is generally considered rude and impolite, and may also considered a form of profanity by some."

:350:

these always make me laugh

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jestery posted:

My school plays B is out

interesting

If a ball bounces into a square, and leaves it without human intervention, it's an out

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

:dudsmile:

lol i just noticed the hamburgers in your avatar

I had this one last night. The sweet chili sauce was pretty good, but the cheese made the burger really soggy. It was hard to eat, but tasty.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ili posted:

SAP is an absolute bastard of a thing, I dislike it immensely.

:hai:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

the auspol thread is in d&d

lots of people in my area (bayside) not wearing masks and being dickheads. it's annoying seeing people not take poo poo seriously

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

awful things

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Derpies posted:

Don't worry m8 I might get blotto but I ain't a drongo

:cry: this hurts to read

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Do you know if using the anti fog stuff that scuba divers use works?

just whack a bit of micropore tape along the top of the mask so hot air doesn't fly up to your glasses

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Derpies posted:

Yup gimmicks over for now have a good one down under! Still really do like Wombats though they're my spirit animal.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hell yeah noice Lolie

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

yesssss

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lolie posted:

Collins Street falcons have produced their first egg.

yessss. go egg go

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I have an EC, loved the lil dude when I was a kid

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

my duolingo streak is up to about 630 days

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

starkebn posted:

Do you think it's helped you learn whatever language is teaching you? I guess if you're still using it you must think so.

Yeah definitely. Started with (almost) zero knowledge of French, and I do the bare minimum every day, and find that at this point I can read most French tweets that I see. It started off just as a thing to do and now I keep doing it because I like having a long streak lmao

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This whole country turned into bogans so gradually I didn't even notice

whatareya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

This is what we call a 'conversation starter'

yeah? i usually call em coffee machines