Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I start chemo on Thursday. It's now the official job of this thread to entertain me during two days of chemo each fortnight for the next few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Backyard shirtless drunk boxing matches broadcasted on YouTube let’s go boys our thread Mum needs us

lol

That's the spirit.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megabound posted:

We had a teacher who dated a grade 10 girl and then continued after she graduated. Can't find anything about it these days, googling for Mr Brown Elanora High isn't showing anything up.

We had a teacher who dated a year 12 student. Nobody gave a poo poo. We were a small county high school so we used to get a heap of fresh out of uni teachers who were working off their bonds. They were by far the biggest influx of fresh dating material the town got each year.

Never heard any rumours of pedo stuff, but some of the male teachers seemed a bit too sadistic when it came to giving the cuts.

Our PE teacher went to school with my brother and was one of his groomsmen. That was a bit weird.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

That's fucken tops mate, glad to hear it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Post your favourite graffiti poem

Once there was a happy land, full of laughing trees.

There's also a Mr Squiggle one I like but it's a visual thing and I can't art.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Lots of distant thunder at the moment.

Raining now! Yay!

Lolie fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 15, 2020

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Tokamak posted:

Saw a psych for the first time in a while. Said that they have never prescribed a stimulant to a 30-something, gave me a script for an anti-depressant and left it to me if I wanted to reschedule an appointment. This was after going through my history of taking a heap of different anti-depressants that did nothing, and taking a stimulant that did quite a bit. That and a few other awkward things, and I'am sensing that I will not be seeing this psych for long. Which is a shame since It has taken me forever to organise seeing one who can bulk bill me.

That sucks. Both my daughter and her psycho ex were unable to find bulk billing psychs who would prescribe. The private ones ran some pretty expensive tests to cover their asses, too.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

EoinCannon posted:

69% humidity in Melb right now

not nice

92% in Western Sydney.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Just watched a storm roll in. It visibly accelerated as it got closer and now it’s pissing down.

Just had the same happen here

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think the moment for me Byron went to poo poo was when the bong shop on the main drag changed their name from ‘the bong shop’ to something like ‘awakened energy’ around the mid 2000s but it’s probably a very subjective moment to define between each person, I know for a fact people I knew living there at the time were lamenting me getting around shirtless with rum in a pineapple as having ruined the place

I left the far north coast at the end of 1994. Byron had well and truly gone to poo poo by then.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Visible Stink posted:

Those are nice photos mega, good job

I envy people who can take good photos. I can barely point and shoot.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megabound posted:

Went for a hike today and got very lost.

It was worth it for those pics. They're amazing.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megabound posted:

Thanks, these are the phone shots

I should try to learn to take good photos to kill the time while I can't garden.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Instead of Canberra’s loveable Prime Possum, Perth’s channel seven has some yellow bear fuckwit telling me to go to bed at 7

It used to be Fat Cat when I lived in Perth.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Why are so many of us still awake?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
We got about three drops of rain out of our "severe thunderstorm". Didn't even get any thunder and lightning.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Start date at Lucas Heights has been confirmed, time to find a place to live on my own with no boomers inviting their build a family over

Congratulations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's pissing down in Blacktown. Might wash some of the smoky smell we woke up to this morning away.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

She handed it into the cops and no one came to claim it (of course) so she used that money to go to Disneyland.

She should have used it to buy drugs.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
gently caress some mechanics are dodgy. Daughter's car got knocked back for a pink slip last week and they told her it need $600 worth of repairs to pass. I talked her into taking it somewhere else so she could be absolutely sure the work was needed and the only thing they found wrong was that she needed a $25 headlight globe (which she already knew about).

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Yeah some guy tried to charge my mum 80 bucks to change her wipers, hahaha no

The auto spares shop down the road does little things like that for free when you buy parts from them.

My daughter only took her car to the first place because it was the closest pink slip place to her work. There are a lot of government offices around there so I expect a lot of people do the same. It's one hell of a rort if you can get away with it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My hair has started to fall out and I just ordered some chemo turbans. I will wear them proudly in honour of NVJ.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It's still 36 outside and the inside of my house is currently 33. Trying to cool the house down is not going well cause I can't even water the garden to get some evaporative cooling going.

Similar here and that's with two portable air conditioners running. It's not supposed to drop below 30 until after midnight so opening everything up when I go to bed isn't going to make much difference. Gonna be Tuesday before the temperature is low enough for everything to start cooling down properly.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's finally dropped below 30. The 55% RH means it still feels like 33, though.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

It was 44 according to my car when we left my Mrs place around 12, when we got to Malabar it was low to mid 30s. Thanks western Sydney!

The humidity is a dog at the moment, jfc

The smoke is back here this morning. Cannot wait for the thunderstorms this evening.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I don't think we're going to reach 40 today, thank gently caress. We were supposed to hit 39 around 11am and it's currently about 30, and stupid humid.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Southerly change has finally arrived, thank gently caress. Now to wait for the thunderstorms.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Gonna try to perfect my pie game this winter. It's getting harder to find decent pies, let alone great ones.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Still waiting for it here and it's hot as gently caress outside. A southerly is going to do insteresting things for the fire that broke containment yesterday and made a run down the mountains.

That explains the smoke this morning.

It's ESE at the moment, to be more accurate, but very gusty.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

What type are you going to perfect first? There's so many pies out there.

Probably chicken and leek. I have a nice filling but I've only ever made it with frozen pastry so I want to find the perfect shortcrust and puff for it.

Pepper steak and steak and kidney are the other priorities, and of course a plain meat pie.

I'm not a big fan of most of the gourmet pies, so I'll be looking to keep it simple.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Gordon Ramsay's chicken and winter vegetable one is a cracker

I been working on my egg pies (quiches) recently and making some progress.

Just had a noticeable swing toward darker clouds and the heat in the shed just disappeared literally within the last 5 mins at the Mrs place

The secret to quiches is the custard (and of course the pastry - blind bake it, ffs). The golden ratio is 1 egg to half a cup of dairy. I use cream but you can use milk and cream.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
We have rain. Only light rain at the moment, but rain nonetheless. Temp has dropped to 26.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

The southerly has hit and it's pushed all of the smoke towards us. poo poo's gonna go down with the fires now as well

Stay safe.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Looks like a half decent storm is heading our way from Bathurst now

Getting steady rain here now.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

We've had a couple of decent showers come through and it's cooled things beautifully. My fan by the front door is working it's hardest to push the cooler air into the house. The brids have also gone nuts since the rain hit.

Pissing down here now. You should get it soon.

23 here now.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
There's supposed to be one hella cool change roll in here before 8pm. A drop from the current 35 to 19. Can't wait.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Make sure it has Juggalo facepaint too

I will wear turbans in honour of NVJ, but Juggalette makeup is a bridge too far.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Long sleeves and socks.

Yas!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Breakfast soup for the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

What's in your brekky soup lolie?

This morning I had potato and zucchini soup. Yesterday it was roasted pumpkin. I'm going to make a big pot of chicken and vegetable (king of brekky soups) and my daughter in law is going to make me a big pot of lamb and barley.