Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
First album I bought was the spanish masterpiece, Furby Mix. Truly the worst thing ever produced by humankind.

Second was the the self titled Garbage album. Still give that one a listen every few months.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

sick of Applebees posted:

I'm pretty sure the first cd I bought by myself was Morcheeba's The Big Calm so suck it non taste having goobers

:hmmyes:

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Roquette, ripped with bare hands and inserted into my mouth by the fistful.

Also oak lettuce is soft and disgusting.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

No spinach at Woolies and $36 a kilo at Harris farm that's a lol.

I planted some native spinach AKA warrigal greens and I literally can't get rid of it from my garden or eat it fast enough to outpace its growth. If anybody wants to never buy Spinach again, chuck a seedling or 2 in some dirt and forgetaboutit

Edit: spelling

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Better than a ham sandwich.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

maxe posted:

+1 for safety razors. i switched to one from these guys and never looked back. Costs less than a pack of replacement heads for the mach3 i used for years, works better , cheaper blades so i'm more likely to replace them, etc etc highly recommend. Get a tub of cream and a badger brush and make a nice lil grooming session out of it

let me know what kind of difference the titanium makes, im keen to accessorise my vape like its a 98 Lancer GLXi

This. I have a full beard but need to give the neck and cheeks a good clean up every few days to not look like a complete savage. Once I switched to a safety razor with packs of 10c razor blades I never looked back. I can't believe I ever spent money on those 5-blade Gillette extra super glide baby's arse 3000s or whatever they come up with next.

I tried a straight razor once bit I'm too poo poo scared about slicing my neck open so I ditched that idea.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Best bahn mi I've ever had in Melbs was from Trang Bakery on Smith St in Collingwood. It was the only good thing about travelling to the city from Franga when I used to work up there. Overflowing with crispy pork and when you tell them to make it spicy they don't gently caress around

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

This might be a dumb question but couldn't we just remove the monarchy/GG and call it a day? PM becomes "head of state" which they essentially are anyway. No need for presidents or any of that malarkey.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Ranter posted:

I don't believe you

On the internet nobody knows you're a rissole

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Ranter posted:

Which is better, daytura or salvia?

My uni housemates and I made datura tea and it was a rough time. This was 10 years ago and I still remember how crap I felt for days afterwards.

I had salvia once in the US and it was p fun. I was stoned the whole trip on legal weed though so maybe that helped?

YMMV but I don't recommend datura

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Driving through Carrum Downs today and saw a meth head furiously masturbating while being chased by 2 cops. Looked like he was pretty close to shooting one off at them.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Bob Hawke
Big Kev
Iain Hewitson
Glenn Robbins

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Wait, you folks don't call them chode chips?

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Maccas scallops suck and the chicken salt is just mamee chicken noodle flavouring

Hard agree. Tried them today and they're dry and flavourless compared to even the shittest-tier fish and chip shop. I think the "chicken salt" gave me heart palpitations.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Airstream Driver posted:

Some dickhead has parked across half of my driveway. Technically I don't need my car for the next few hours and could probably get out past them if I went on the grass. Dick move reporting it to council straight away?

Ugh I get this every weekend. We live across the road from a middle upper class suburban cafe, so every Saturday and Sunday morning there's inevitably a white range rover parked at least halfway in front of my driveway.

Solution? Stopped a parking inspector the other day and asked if he would want to know about something like this. He said yes and now he does a few laps around my block on those days and adds at least half a dozen more fines to his quota.

Yes I know I'm dealing with the devil but sometimes it's the only way.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Lord of the Fries are definitely my number 1.

I agree though, KFC chips done correctly are absolute top-tier tates.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Well they did spend all their money on being rebranded 'The Bureau'.

My wife's friend works for BoM and was in charge of the rebrand. She was gloating about it at a BBQ back in December and it took every ounce of my being not to laugh uncontrollably at her. She said something to the effect of "we make sure to call out how stupid people are when they say BoM instead of Bureau. It's our identity and employees need to be proud of it, period." She wondered why they have such a bad staff retention problem???

Yeah I don't like her but Mrs Beardcrumb insists on keeping every single friendship she's ever made l, despite how crappy those people may have become lol

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Had a chiko roll for the first time in over a decade. Bought a box from the supermarket on a whim and made one in the air fryer. Way better than how I remember them, but that might just be the cooking method and the fact I ate it right away instead of it sitting in a hot box all day at the chippy.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

I have Chili Peppers tickets for Thursday. At first I didn't want to because of the cost and then managed to get tickets for $80 each.

They're my favourite band not even kidding. Yes I know how cringe that is but love is love man.

I'm interested to see what a crowd composed of Post Malone and RHCP fans looks like.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Wedge Antilles

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Non Compos Mentis posted:

XXXX is 4 letters, you know what else is 4 letters? PISS

So is oval office and I reckon that tastes pretty good.

In all seriousness though I think XXXX is poo poo. Emu Export is where it's at :colbert:

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Put a smile on that dial

Or else

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Can any current or past maccas worker goons tell me the process for giving out serviettes? I seem to either get a minimum of 6 in my takeaway bag, or none. There is no in-between.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Those poor yanks. Maybe if they got to say oval office a little more freely they wouldn’t be so tightly wound and looking like they're about to have another civil war.

I've got the spicy cough again and it's a right oval office. Should I get a fourth shot?

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Serious question: what's the difference between samboys and smiths? I can't tell the difference between their salt and vins.

Or is it just like Jatz and Ritz? A large company branding the same poo poo 2 different ways to build division and get all the business from both sides?

In any case, samboy and Ritz for life. gently caress those other cunts.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

What? Aren't Jatz the crispy ones and Ritz the crumbly ones? the textures are completely different

I am shook. Is that true? I've never eaten them one after the other for comparison. Either way I've chosen my team and I will die on this hill.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Coughing for 5 days straight.

Someone please put a bullet in me so I can diel

gently caress covid forever

I feel you. I told my GP I had been coughing hard for a week straight and she prescribed me Rikodeine cough syrup which has actually helped suppress it a fair bit, especially when trying to go to sleep.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Is there anything more deluded than real estate agents thinking their junk mail doesn't classify as junk and ignoring every single "no junk mail" sticker in Australia.

Like drat, I get at least 3 flyers from them in my mailbox per day at this point.

loving garbage people doing a loving garbage job.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Metis of the Hallway posted:

lol I used to do letterboxing for a real estate agent and by god I respected the sacrosanct "no junk mail" sticker. It is a sacred ward to keep away evil (my fliers)

You are a saint among demons

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Lolie posted:

The company which owns my daughter's apartment block has units for sale in another block they own. They're offering tenants the grand incentive of one week's free rent for giving them leads which end in a sale.

Yikes.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

I'll admit their magnets are pretty useful. I stick printed labels onto them, cut them up and use them on the steel drawers in my workshop.

I love the idea of collecting them and taking them back. Hell I'll even wrap them up nicely with a bow and add a note "with love and seething hatred, (my address)".

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Melbourne has Frankston Thai Take Away, so you can ignore all other suggestions about where to eat while you're here.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

putin is a oval office posted:

AUSGBS: gently caress this racist country

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Ratjaculation posted:

Sorry Aussie friends, I hope this outcome does not further empower the racists too much...

I've already heard 4 different people driving down the street screaming "gently caress those abo cunts" and "coming for you next, fags" so I would say this outcome has had the exact effect I worried about.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Frankston, although I'm actually in the Melbourne CBD right now.

Edit: actually nothing to lol about.

Beardcrumb fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 14, 2023

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

You son of a gun! First laugh I've had all night

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Half my lawn is pretty much dead at the moment and I remembered the conversation people were having about replacing their lawns with clover.

Is there anywhere good to get seeds? Bunnings has 50 varieties of grass, but no clover.

I got my clover seed from The Diggers Club online store and from memory it was $5 for 50sqm coverage. Very happy with the result several years on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

That reminds me of the deep fried spiralised potatoes they sell at markets and festivals. Recently I saw a van selling the for $16 a pop, $17 if you want chicken salt instead of normal.

The queue was over 30 people long. Must me making an absolute killing flogging those spuds.