Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Airstream Driver posted:

Emus I reckon.

E: pro tip don't work for the big 4 unless you enjoy constant stress and being paid gently caress all for the number of hours you work.

Don't forget the alcoholism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Humphreys posted:

Ah yes, seen that quite a few times. My solution is a loopback 4K capture card in my main system. Of coure this is overkill for a meme, but yeah... I have 'reasons' to do direct external signal capture to bypass DRM.

Or just get non drm-encumbered files from.... places....

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

My NBN was out since last night.
When I got home today I worked out it was a dead 12v power brick on my router

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

~Coxy posted:

I've had two Telstra modems just up and die in the last few months.
The new ones are cursed.

Funnily enough it was was the ubiquity router's brick rather than whatever garbage the ISP gave me that I've got up there in bridge mode to handle the VDSL

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

~Coxy posted:

It works but it's pretty crap apart from that.
If you don't use it everyday it's hard to top up, and there's no function for credit cards or phones.
It's insecure (in a way that doesn't really matter, but still) and the balance is carried by the card itself.
The cards are extremely flimsy and the parking meters are unreliable.

They are currently in the process of setting up a new system that will just use EMV cards so you don't even need a smart rider.
If you pre load balance it will use that otherwise it'll just charge your card.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

bee posted:

I'm annoyed they're still in print, surely no one uses them anymore?

Aren't they down to like 1cm thick with only business listings now?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

And tax agents are allowed to file way later in the year so you can be lazy and do your taxes super late.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I forgot to do mine for like 5 years once, accountant put it all through for like $700 and all the fines were waved automatically.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Synthbuttrange posted:

That seems insanely high. I got one and I was already yikes at the $200 price tag which was helped out by insurance a bit.

Yeah 3k seems more like what you'd a palate widening appliance or something rather than a bite splint

My current one is 3d printed nylon (which is so much more comfortable than the acrylic ones I've had in the past) and the 3d scans and followup appointments were included in the $600 cost before insurance.

Over the years my out of pocket on them has been around $250, but they last 3-7 years. Unless it's like my first one that I chewed to pieces in 3 months because it was a softer material.

Disadvantage of the nylon is that it has to be sterilized regularly because the surface isn't smooth, the acrylic just needed bushing and occasional descaling.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

~Coxy posted:

I'm just trying to pay my drat bill!

Hey you wouldn't want someone else to pay your bill without permission would you?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I love how donkey Kong 64 came with the memory expansion hardware packed in not because it needed it but because there was a game breaking bug somewhere that they couldn't figure out before release that didn't happen if you had the extra ram.

I don't think I ever played another game that needed it.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

my vyvanse is covered by the pbs but i got my last script right before the new laws came in so hopefully this shortage sorts itself out in the next month. i keep getting charged full price and forgetting to ask the pharmacist why but the Caboolture pharmacy stung me the subsidised rate thankfully

I don't think vyvanse is on the list for 60 day dispensing

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

~Coxy posted:

Hey at least we get cake

You got cake?

We just got a free bogroll :itwaspoo:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Buck Turgidson posted:

Also my plan is going up by 5 dollars. Maybe it's time to go 100mbps... assuming the fttn can actually achieve that

They've also expanded the fttp upgrade footprint again, so upgrading to 100mbit will see you upgraded to that if your area is in the rollout

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Whoforthenwhat posted:

'delivery attempted"

*returns via Vladivostok*

Auspost :smug:

I've got at least three packages that are in Aus post limbo all of a sudden this week.

One scanned into a flight leaving china on the 17th... Then nothing
One scanned clearing customs on the 13th... Then nothing
One picked up from the sender in the eastern states 2 weeks ago but never scanned at a facility

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

bee posted:

https://www.aldi.com.au/special-buys/special-buys-sat-23-december/

Aldi have knock off cool cabanas for sale tomorrow. No idea if they're anywhere near as as good as the real deal but they're probably worth a go at that price point. I might get one of the mats if I can psych myself up enough to deal with the inevitable shitfight of a crowd that'll be there tomorrow morning

If they are anything like the other knockoffs they are missing the actually important design bits that make cool cabanas amazing: the hammer-in spike and arms that fold down one at a time.

All the knockoffs I've seen are just normal beach umbrellas but square with Velcro on sand pockets for the corners.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Is this one of those fuckups that'll cause empty shelves in WA supermarkets again?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

EoinCannon posted:

Food scraps and garden waste goes in green so it's most likely to stink. Recyclables take up most of the rest, including most food containers. Non recyclable, non organic waste is hardly anything really. It goes out once a fortnight, sometimes once a month cos there's barely anything in it

The FOGO thing is great, garden bin every week means we don't have to do a tip run for the Kurrajong leaves every summer.
The only downside is our red bin (which we get a full size) every fortnight has nappies in it and holy hell that gets ripe in summer.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Aware posted:

I always just figured Fogo was some kind of scam

Oh I'm sure it is - I'd almost guarantee that the compost they get out the other end is too full of plastic and crap for the saleable product to make the program worthwhile

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Do they do the same poo poo as hobbysearch aka 1999.co.jp where they smack you with gst on the purchase and then also the postage.

Postage is a service... Seems like GST should apply there

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Lolie posted:

I've found no middle ground on Marketplace.

The middle ground is the haggler that then gets to an agreement and goes "I don't have a car, can you deliver it? I'll give you $10 more"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface posted:

There's still a lot of people seeking gift cards as trades in mine which kinda defeats the purpose imo.

Just ask for money at that point, especially if you're gonna make it against the rules to trade booze.

I thought trades weren't allowed at all in the buy nothing groups

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Would you prefer to have a car that says "Bould your dreams" in giant lettering across the boot?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

maxe posted:

There was a snowboard in good nick too but what am I gonna do with a snowboard

Store it in your shed until the next council pickup so you can keep the cycle going

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Fanelien posted:

lol i'll never understand these companies asking for old credit card numbers like we keep them, I destroy all my old cards when they expire before disposing of them. Who the hell is keeping old credit card numbers?

Also isn't it a PCI compliance thing to *not* keep those on file?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

spaceblancmange posted:

hearing some sydney private schools have closed after their saos tested positive for asbestos

Knowing how much of that stuff was everywhere I'd be surprised if you wouldn't get positive samples from tons of random soils and gardens that look absolutely normal.
It's just that nobody was really looking.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Gromit posted:

Is there a secret trick to up your 2-minute noodle game? Like, adding extra cheese or egg or something? And keeping it lazy and cheap, of course - I'm not suggesting a good option is to slip a lobster under it.

Firstly don't buy garbage tier like Maggi, buy something better like shin ramyun or whatever

Then adding some chilli oil once its in the bowl and a handful of extra veggies or kimchi or whatever - I tend to add some onion slices and cabbage, but it depends on what I have in the fridge.

Another pro move is to finely grate some fresh ginger into the bowl and pour the soup over that, really freshens up the soup base

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

ErKeL posted:

"I've already covered his shift anyway because he gave me heaps of notice. Who gives a gently caress? What are you going to do? Not pay him?"

Absolute psychopaths.

You wouldn't pay a casual that called in sick anyway.

Casuals don't need sick notes . It's kind of in the definition of the thing that they don't have to give notice to cancel shifts.

Obviously the flipside is that a casual that doesn't show up when rostered too much will just not get rostered on.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

But do you remember which store you got them from? :thunk:

If you're in Melbourne, there's a Pick'n'Mix lollie place at the Emporium in the CBD. Third floor, near the food court.

Do Colesworth not do it over east?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The thing that shits me about Bunnings is they have bay locations but they don't actually label them at any of the stores I go to so while you can be pretty sure you're in the right aisle actually finding a small piece can be a huge pain in the rear end and yeah the stock isn't quite real time which can be annoying when you're searching for something and it turns out it just isn't there but tbh real time stock updates are a thing I'm starting to have to deal with in my job so I know how hard it is to keep it actually accurate

I asked a staff member about this and they showed me how to decode the less than obvious sticker on the racking that tells you the isle/bay/shelf/whatever info

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface posted:

you're that rear end in a top hat that would post on tech.net that you solved the problem and not provide the solution, arent you?

I wish!

I'm just that guy that forgets to check the thread for a bunch of days in a row

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Would you trust Jim's Legal more or less if it had a vtuber logo?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Humphreys posted:

LOL I live in Rum Rage central (Rocky) and I don't think I can tell you a venue where your ID isn't scanned and face photo taken after 10pm.

WA id scanning is basically any place open past midnight will do id scanning to be able to enforce the excluded individuals list.
Pretty sure they avoided legislation by all implementing it voluntarily when glassings got really bad like a decade ago.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The way to do it is just pop in ghee on the stove and then add super fine salt afterwards

Gotta shake a bit during cooking but it's basically movie popcorn without the gross substitute oils and fake butter flavor

Edit: bonus is that it stays crispy for ages

norp fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 23, 2024

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Fresh in our memories

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Bald Stalin posted:

It's often faster to take the train in and out of the CBD than use the buses. There's no "across" trams in Melbourne.

WA Labor are actually making an effort at creating the ring lines around Perth at the moment (in construction on the cockburn to thornlie section & the first part of the bayswater to <somewhere on the north line>)

And since we basically don't have a liberal party here anymore they probably won't ruin it

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Drumsticks in-a-biscuit are the GOAT and always have been and always will be.

I think you'll find you are wrong and the "cheese in a biskit" that looked like little slices of Swiss cheese were the real GOAT

The cheezles crackers that came out a while back were close, but not quite the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Lube Enthusiast posted:

e: nevermind. I was gonna ask whoever came in “what do you think of this you loving idiot” and post goatse but i can’t find it online. goatse is gone

But thankfully that tiny little tpg subsidiary https://www.westnet.com.au is still using their goatman inspired logo!