Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the cool posts kid posted:

If anybody remembers my suicidal sadbrain posting from the old thread, I’m doing way better now

Awesome. I'm happy that you've figured things out. Living closeted sucks lol.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Saw a psych for the first time in a while. Said that they have never prescribed a stimulant to a 30-something, gave me a script for an anti-depressant and left it to me if I wanted to reschedule an appointment. This was after going through my history of taking a heap of different anti-depressants that did nothing, and taking a stimulant that did quite a bit. That and a few other awkward things, and I'am sensing that I will not be seeing this psych for long. Which is a shame since It has taken me forever to organise seeing one who can bulk bill me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'll probably go to the GP in the next few weeks and see what they think. They didn't have a much in the way of doctors, and even warned me that he is old and might not get it. So, it will be an interesting few months on that front.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Thanks everybody. I know it might take a while to sort out. It was years seeing my first psych before I bought it up and he was willing to give it a go. It just kinda sucks after taking years to make the effort to see a new one (cause the old one stopped bulk billing) and they immediately make it clear that they are unlikely to help. My GP is normally good about getting me whatever I need, but he seemed pretty lost when it came to knowing any bulk billing psychiatrists. Which is a shame because I'm really bad at organising that sort of stuff by myself.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hambeet posted:

What state r u in again?

southern sydney

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's the night before I'm brewing a beer, which is the traditional time to begin creating the actual beer recipe.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

If it doesn't chill out in a few days I'm gonna have to go to the doc which is a miserable proposition, I'm convinced its because I'm switching epilepsy pills and i'm on sooo many right now

You're using Proctosedyl right? You don't need a script for it anymore, you can buy it over the counter. It has anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory active ingredients in it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

they set up a nostalgia station for me with double j before i even hit 30

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

gonna add that anvil to my drum kit

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

red hot is a shameful hot sauce

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Inkfish posted:

Ipas are really bad

If you get into craft beer and drink enough fancy pale ales, something in your brain flips and you start liking them.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jestery posted:

More exxy than expected? Or saving money?

Beer making can be as expensive as you want it to be. I bought a 9L Coopers brew kit from Aldi for $40, and use a stock pot, deep fry thermometer, digital scale and gram scale. The equipment is where you can blow heaps of cash (like $300 probe thermometers). I get decent results using a can of base malt extract, and adding speciality grains, hops, other additions, and a pack of fancy yeast.

I'm probably spending about $40 a batch/case for something that might retail for $70 or so dollars. I'm making beer that's about as cheap as the excise, but you can make derro poo poo that it much cheaper or end up spending heaps on equipment and extra poo poo like salts, irish moss and god knows what. It really depends on what you want out of brewing and how much you are willing to roll the dice and let the beer gods sort it out. If you have an analytical mind and are good with the sanitising, you can make half-decent beers without too much work.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i'm hog daddy

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

it is a queer day this year

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I got on the wrong side of the parade, and I'm suburbs over such that it is faster to catch a train back to join the right side...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm walking about as fast as the floats

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yep

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i did sisqo in 2000

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

home networking sucks poo poo and was kludged together during a time where peripherals wouldn't work half the time

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

weebx

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

naeka posted:

reminds me i put bisexual lights (purple led's) all around my bedroom mirror and it unironically rules so hard i'm tempted to put them around literally my entire drawers too.

i've been tempted to get a Hue light so I can make my room purple, but IoT stuff seems really dumb

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lolie posted:

poo poo is getting real, folks.

no wonder people are stockpiling toilet paper

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Tried to buy 2 passata and 2 tomato paste and allegedly they're the same loving thing

i bought a bag of peas, a bag of corn and some potato gems and it told me off.
potato gems are french fries, not a vegetable!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Which one did you put back?

i scanned the third item in a separate transaction 👀

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

they are stocking Absolut by the case at my Dan Murphys

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Wonder how the NBN is gonna handle a bunch more daytime traffic load if everyone works from home

Watch it loving melt into pieces because of the garbage craftsmanship lol

Netflix is cutting traffic to Europe by 25% to deal with the load there.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

you can still buy Corona during corona

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

Put on a batch myself last night.

same

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Drugs of some sort? Or just a loving idiot? You don't live too far from me if you're in Kogarah

you get a fair few derros that go there because of the hospital/health services

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

walked by a Greek hosing down his paved driveway

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

jenkem is serious poo poo

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

Goddamn Woolworths only let my buy two Mi Goreng cups.

buying cup noodles is the bigger problem

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:350:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I've been getting my coffee from dibartoli.com.au for years. They've lowered free shipping to $30 due to the virus, so you can get a 1kg bag shipped free. They do a few coffee of the month type deals in addition to their regular line up, and they're very reasonably prices for speciality coffee.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I grind a heaped scoop on medium-fine, wet the beans and rest for a few minutes, then add the rest of the water and stir, and let it brew for a few more minutes.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McSpergin posted:

NBN appointment between 8-12 today

10 internets to the person who guesses when they actually show up

When I signed up, they mailed me the equipment, I plugged it in, and it automatically switched over in 30 minutes. It was wild that it was so simple.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

What are the good vapes these days (both portable and non-portable)? The last time I looked it was basically the volcano and a few clones. The whole portable vape thing was only just starting to happen. I'm interested in picking a couple things up if they are going cheap.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lolie posted:

I found a seriously out of date packet of dried yeast sachets in my cupboard. Use-by date is 2012. Any chance it's still OK?

very unlikely. it can't last in hibernation forever, and typically lasts two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

Dumb question: Has anyone here ordered anything from overseas while all this was going on? Been thinking of buying some stuff from a UK-based website but if there are additional restrictions that make that a massive pain in the arse beyond just delays than I'll just turf the idea entirely.

Depends on the country, for example I tried getting something from Germany but the seller told me they can't send it here. Auspost maintains a list.