Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

"Liars are bad people so don't trust bad people" + "CCP says these women are bad" = "Don't trust these women"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

No, but Vietnamese (that I like)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTqArB3Oiqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjOFhk67-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0VHo-DnyRo

Oh and https://youtu.be/Lrj2Hq7xqQ8

E. Can't get the last one to not be in url tags, strange

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 4, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Coolguye posted:

nerds need to get over it and start focusing on either agitating for the social safety net programs they need or getting involved in the actually novel governance and economic research being done on crap like reputation governance, liquid democracy, streaming economic flows, continuous payments, etc etc. there’s an entire world of new and exciting thinking out there that can up-end authoritative bullshit and plutocratic rapaciousness but people just prefer to jack off to the Soviet national anthem while fellating Xi online.

While interesting points all, COMMUNIST NATIONAL ANTHEMS BOX IS NOW OPEN

In Germany a common opinion is they kept the wrong one after unification. I mean, they're not wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CyPjQQTAM

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

A tankie impersonating a made up australian professor trying to gaslight the CCP genocide of Uighurs. They haven't been doxxed yet.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Now I'm hungry

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

No shade on vegetables, but every and all Asian street food chef turns me into this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_n9wYUmlJM

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 12, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ups_rail posted:

I ve always admired the vietnamese because they seem to not like eachother very much.

speak with the expat community here and they have some very strong opinions about their brothers and sisters back in vietnam.

That's seems universal for all refugee diaspora, just talk with the Persian royalists et al. Viet in VN certanly don't hate them back if anything. There have been multiple expat "waves" and the old south who went to America when the war ended is a distinct one. Besides the other most known like the persecuted chinese, the boaters, the Hmong, there are so many who are just regular ol' work migration. They kinda get forgotten but they are a huge group today all in all. They are as big a part of who someone in VN sees when they think of expats as everyone, and that certainly might be part explanation for the very one-way feelings.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

But they did get ants :confuoot:

E. Chinathread: we're talking about ants

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 21, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Wool or linnen underwear thanks but no.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ok what am I looking at here?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

jaw bone slices from korean women

sometimes men

ive seen it in person

Ah alright, thanks :) Skeletal tissue isn't very icky but medical ppl can be extremely dumb in civilised company lol

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Psychological help? I hear the PRC has a nifty app for dealing with unhelpful thoughts and opinions.

The sensible2 chukle

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ups_rail posted:

So is that like face culture of dont admit a problem

Or like dont give up...

Cause i dont get it

No no, it's something way more universal. It's the spoilt and bit thick 9 year old kid who is trying to insult you so they "win" whatever it is they think we're talking about. The team with the most embarrassing facts told about them is supposed to loose and the mostest intelligent people can disqualify the other teams arguments with smart and loudly screamed logic.

Mind you this is also a description of the mindset that spawned both face culture and Internet arguing.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 23, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

Well if Koreans or Chinese make it, it's not sushi, it's some other poo poo.

You're gonna regret saying this after the pizza and hamburger derail starts

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I'm still convinced it comes from stubborn frugality. If you cut meat from the bone there'll always be a tiny amount left on it - but if you err on the side of bone instead of caution, *taps finger to temple wearing a leather jacket*

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 17, 2021

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

This is the essential laoganma video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVh7Fu0_Y1o

and the basic recipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTQTS2RSCU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

SerCypher posted:

For me it was his 'anti corruption' campaign. But yeah, similar time frame.

This exact thing. How suddenly everyone of importance was either sidelined or got taken down hard for corruption, with one absurdly glaring ommission.

President for life made me go "ofc, gently caress". Then Pooh made me go "ofc, lol"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Wasn't that a GBS tactic at one point? Or am I mixing it up with FYAD.

I know fyad used to do it against threads in other subforums but it's been like a decade since I heard about it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There is now no longer any Malaria in China :woop:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1410302628538597381?s=19

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

The Senkakus are Serbia.

Remove all McDonold's?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Love to make up people to get mad at too

You're the guy who said stalin was objectively a less bad person than obama followed by "and I'm not even a Stalin fan"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Vorik posted:

The funny thing is leftists didn't even bother pretending. Just straight up jumped on the genocide denial and damage control train at full speed. Wasn't just the forum with the mental health thread stickied at the top either. Just leftists in general on social media. That was pretty eye opening to me.

But at least he's not a nazi like you who should go gently caress yourself

Why does all this nutterbutter come today?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A lesson the Europeans were quick to forget. 10 years later a British man was murdered by a samurai just outside the European settlement in Yokohama and the bakufu delayed canceled and ignored meetings over political repercussions for about a year before finally sitting down with British ambassadors. At which point they convinced the British that the samurai responsible was sworn to a daimyo that just happened to be a leader in the restorationist movement. Leading the British to bombard Kagoshima for two days straight destroying the daimyo's steamship navy.

Ah, the American Gambit, very inspired move.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

kntfkr posted:

Oh man, I've seem some dumb/great English names over the years in CPG. Some highlights: Eleven, Rainbow, Wonder, Mafy, Rain, Panda, Bamboo, Lion

But enough about the Kardashians

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

still better than swedens tho

:mad::hf::(

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Swedish schools suppress Finnish. Finnish schools don't suppress Swedish. So you're wrong.

They absolutely do not, but this is the wrong thread to analyse where or who you got that insanity from

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=the+guardian+sweden+immigration

It's the guardian. The only articles about Sweden they want to reprint are spurious horror stories. If you want to believe them, then go ahead, knock yourself out I guess.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Alright, I think we have a decent mix of people from different backgrounds here.

Americans often put sewing supplies in old cookie containers, leading to many disappointed curious children. Does this happen elsewhere?

Absolutely happens in N. Europe. The single time I ever found cookies inside a cookie tin was old gingerbread in my grandads basement. And thats how I learned what half a decade old gingerbread tastes like.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

What if you put your hands behind your back and just stand there gawping

Then you'd get emphysema from either the oxidizer, the rocket fuel, or some other aerosolized part of the go-so-fast-it-falls-into-space machine complex.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

And preemptively if someone wants to nitpick the definition of apocalypse now, :vincefrog:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, I cackled.

As well you should. That's a class rice cat right there

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

grellgraxer posted:

Agree, summer should be at a permanent facility in Greece. Winter should rotate, but only to places that typically have natural snow in February. None of this 100% man-made snow bullshit.

The closest the IOC will ever agree to is Colombia

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

It has been long known that uncertainty about punishment is a more effective deterrent than a predictably harsh punishment. Theory goes, anxiety about your future will create a much less easily ignored discomfort for breaking the rules, and nothing is more anxiety-pushing than the unknown or the unpredictable.
And that's why it's arbitrary. The harshness is just a bonus to the large assholes.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Aaaand here comes the sexpats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAgTpIiI2I

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

BBC; The faces from chinas uyghur detention camps - hacked files from Xinjiang police servers are revealing
Mugshots, police manuals, photos by the police from inside the re-education prisons. It's exactly what we all know it is but, you know. Proof.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/85qihtvw6e/the-faces-from-chinas-uyghur-detention-camps

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

everything is random and the only social value is money.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I forget, is the definition of a majestic personality that of one being a nice person, or is it a personality who wants to be a majesty?

/obv s

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Smeef posted:

It sank where the depth was like 1000m, so let’s just hope it didn’t crack open some kaiju lair.

1km deep... in the scs? :psyduck:

How strangely unfortunate it sinks deeply in one of the shallowest bodies of water on the entire planet. Tell me again, what coordinates was this exactly Mr. "hard-to-investigate" Wu?

For real are there coordinates? Google fails me rn

E. See, this is what you get when you're dumb, you mix up the topography of the east china sea and the south china sea and you have to go lie down now because how :stonkhat:

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Is your buddy Xi Jingping?

And is he trying to get his enemies to incriminate themselves as disloyal splitters and deviationists?