Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

Are you American because lol if you think youdont have a monarchy

oligarchies suck but that doesn't make them monarchies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bitterandtwisted posted:

US first families are treated exactly like royal families by the public and press

counterpoint: JEB!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's such a bad boy! well, a bad person. that's kind of similar?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao at berating someone for not going to completely imaginary places

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it never really mattered how monstrous an act bojo perpetrated against the british public. he was never going to face any consequences from the system which exists to coddle pudgy posh sociopaths like himself. surviving the sole consequence from outside the system he has ever had to face won't suddenly make him or any of his wretched ilk accountable for their actions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Oh, I know Bojo will never grow a conscience, I'm just really rooting for that journalist who tried to get up in his face, and want them to get another shot. Like how one of the few joys of the Trump presidency is when an actual journalist is accidentally allowed to ask him a question, and he throws a tantrum because anything short of fellatio bruises his ego.

and now you seem to be exhibiting faith in the british press. are you doing okay?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

no, but a month or two of headless chicken knife fighting mode from the tories will kill even more people.
since we still appear to be at least a month away from anything happening anyway

e: especially once Raab starts coughing in a week or so

wait a sec, your argument is that boris johnson needs to quickly recover so he can lead the country and resolve the crisis. because if he wasn't around, no decisions would be made nor policies enacted. boris johnson. that guy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is that, is that sincere? i have this horrible sinking suspicion that it is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hillary 2020 posted:

Jesus Christ, this desperate burning need to turn Boris into Strong Daddy.

hey, who better than the guy with a large but indeterminate number of children?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i care deeply about how strangely proud he was about that drawing of him huffing trump's farts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's amazing how despite neither knowing or caring about their past crimes against humanity, the uk is always fuckin' pumped to do more of the same.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, what do you expect? it is the only beach in the uk with sand instead of depressing gray gravel abutting depressing gray water under a depressing gray sky.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because it was fake.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's kind of true, except they are on the side of covid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

There is a silver lining: The British diet will be in alignment with what the rest of the world thinks we eat for the first time since rationing ended

Mainly because rationing isn't ended anymore

peat?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm sure the next eton babyeater will somehow be different from johnson.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

UK gonna crash out of the EU and use their navy for pirate activities to secure avocados for their elite

as soon as the elite are even slightly inconvenienced they will simply leave the country. the ones that don't have vacation homes in other, better countries don't count as elite at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rees-mogg is beautiful to me. he's among the most loathsome of the useless freaks from a centuries old system designed to produce loathsome useless freaks. he will probably be pm one day because he has all the right class signifiers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sullat posted:

But he's not, he's a catholic stock broker whose dad bought a peerage.

oh, a dedicated cosplayer then. that's funny in its own way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i do kind of want the working class to suffer by way of having to see french people sometimes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the us and uk are comrades in being stupid, racist and cruel. that's oligarchies for you, i guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really looking forward to the uk response in their game of disfunctional government and culture one-upmanship with the us.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder how long the uk will be able to hold on to all the priceless cultural artifacts they looted from across the world? in the short term they aren't going anywhere, but after another decade or two of steep and unchecked decline?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are probably more than enough completely useless liberal politicians in any country to recreate the democrats. usually they are more spread out, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

what if the reason the british were the last government left in children of men is because the rest of the world walled them off instead of the other way around

there was a movie with that premise, yeah

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Should've just sent gruel home in a sock or something

a free sock? that is far too extravagant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can get pretty much any kind of cheese in the us, both imported or made domestically. it's not difficult or inordinately expensive. that said, there certainly are plenty of americans that consider kraft singles as the primary form of cheese. it's hosed up, but that's still pretty mild as far as cheese crimes go.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Today in German brexit news are reports that the UK is running out for cardboard due to brexit. 3 month waiting time for cardboard boxes.

great, right back into the british food derail

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gonadic io posted:

Who cares about votes it's all about winning back the big donors that corbyn scared off.

i don't think they are managing that, either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
circus peanuts are vile, but i don't think anyone actually eats them. there are a few us ancient legacy candies like that, which somehow linger to this day despite no one liking them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's true that speaking welsh should be a crime, but not necessarily a capital one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i think he means 'to', which is an objectively true statement.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the problem, as usual, is that cops are terrible and people hate them with good reason. also as usual, not a single politician will acknowledge that acab. so naturally, the solution to cops is more cops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

who can i vote for instead to assuage my disgust at the rising pro-statue sentiment in the country?

if voting could change anything it would be illegal

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i expect tories to outlast the british government, if not the island itself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ah, brexit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's entirely unfair. it isn't british cops, it is all cops, and it isn't women, it is humans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

the press loved may before she had to campaign against corbyn. they do not love williamson

they love whoever they are told to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
thankfully because racism doesn't exist in the uk there's no problem with putting a self-avowed nazi in charge of the commission for harassing muslims.