Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I'd like a cabybara on a flag tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Private Speech posted:

According to BBC radio for the first time since records (heh) began all of the top 10 most popular music artists are from the UK.

Something something sign of the times.

:britain:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I don't know who most of these folk are but I guess it is kinda cool.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

loving hell, this loving website I swear to god

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

:confused:

e: nvm you posted in the other thread.

throw a post here and I can blank it for you if that mod doesn't sort it.

thank gently caress it's sorted.

Solefald has issued a correction as of 12:18 on Feb 15, 2023

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lol they deleted it

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Shogi posted:

the waiting list for ADHD assessment on the NHS is measured in years now, and so naturally people go for private assessment hoping to present their script as a fait accompli. i think psychiatry U.K. are one of the less dodgy ones and have nhs contracts mind. I’ve seen some truly stupid prescribing of amphetamines by some of the less reputable ones

mental health services are chronically underfunded both inpatients and community, wards are always stacked beyond capacity and surprisingly it’s proving difficult to recruit nurses to try to manage extreme self harm while getting the poo poo kicked out of them every day for crap money

Yeah Psychiatry UK is the main one the NHS uses. My GP said my autism assessment would take about 9 months for them to be in touch but they got back to me within 3/4 months. Gonna be longer for ADHD though as I think that's the main thing people are seeking a diagnosis for at the moment? (I am not) I've heard 4-5 years for some people round here.

Friend went private and got his ADHD diagnosis pretty swiftly and put on some meds, not sure what ones but imo he seemed very unwell on them. He said he felt great though so idk. I think he stopped taking them after a few months :shrug:

Jose posted:

for the poster insistent about me seeing a neurologist i got an nhs letter today informing me of my appointment in january. i got a separate letter at the same time saying no adhd drugs until after said appointment and discussed the legitimacy of psychiatry uk who diagnosed me lol

Oh poo poo idk why but I didn't think your diagnosis was through Psychiatry UK. I thought it was another private one.
Now I'm gonna be sceptical as gently caress if they do give me a positive autism diagnosis aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Solefald has issued a correction as of 15:53 on Aug 21, 2023

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

gonadic io posted:

Absolutely nobody that researches and seeks an autism diag privately doesn't have it though so you're grand on that front

I never thought I could have autism but some clinical psychiatrist who was assessing me for a personality disorder said it's probably autism instead and so I should go check that out. I'm very conflicted about the whole thing lol.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

gonadic io posted:

Well the thing about adult autism diags is like, they mean very little, concretely. Like you can maybe get some accommodations from your workplace and that's about it. It's not like ADHD where getting access to the right medication is absolutely life-changing.
Like sure I know my fiancee wants hers as confirmation that's it's not her fault or a flaw with her or whatever, and that's absolutely valid, but for me as a boy growing up I was told I was definitely "on the spectrum" for as long as I can remember so when I actually got mine it was like: okay, so what does this piece of paper do, you know?

Yeah I get that. I think it's just frustrating because with autism I can't just "fix" it, like with a personality disorder or something you can overcome it with the appropriate medications and therapy but autism is there forever and I guess I'm kind of scared that I have to live with the poo poo like meltdowns for the rest of my life. I had always hoped I could make them go away if I knew the root cause but yeah. On the other hand, having a positive diagnosis would mean accepting them and actually being able to seek out the appropriate resources to handle them better AND maybe I can get some understanding on what the gently caress has been going on for the past 30+ years of my life. It'll be nice to just have clarity. I don't know. It's all just very new to me and kinda scary. Sorry|! Turning this thread into the Solefald show :D

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

i know i was a mess the other night when i phoned you but i don't think you need to refer to me in these terms

lol

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

tbh mate you were worse in the days running up to your blackout/seizure

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

90s Cringe Rock posted:

except for that bloody great hill it's great

which one? bristol is nothing but hills.
doesn't matter where you walk you're somehow going up hill.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Party Boat posted:

For England, Suella?

Lmfao

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I read a book about England declaring war on Iceland for their cod. In the 1950s.

Aye, my Dad was involved in "The Cod Wars" but I dunno when that was exactly. I know he served on the HMS Plymouth but I think that was from 64-66 and she only went to Iceland in the 80s, in which my Dad was no longer a seaman. It's a mystery

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

lol if you don't wear shorts all year round

Oh yeah lol lmao I remember when you visited me in the middle of winter and we went out to town you still wore shorts. like wtf man

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

you can still get life in prison and a few women got sent to prison as a result of getting abortions just after 24 weeks during covid

and iirc Northern Ireland still has (or only got rid of very recently) strict abortion laws. I remember there being a few charities set up here in Liverpool to help get women over to here to carry out abortions & after care etc.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

so with a british person being murdered in israel now will either party leader actually do anything

Lol lmao

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Loaded baked potatoes are fantastic, what's so hard to understand????????

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

One of my faves is just cheese and jalapeno in a jacket spud. Proper lush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Starbucks posted:

Is that the spud man or whoever it is that was famous on TikTok for a bit?

Yeah, I think he's based in Wigan or some poo poo idk

I remember having my first jacket spud from a van when i was a kid, it was at Williamson's Square in Liverpool, many many years before they put all the fountains in and stuff :3:
Had been round the museum and christmas shopping with my Mum and it was super cold and we had ages to wait for the bus back which we used to have to get from by the old Rat and Parrot.

thnx for the memory unlock, it was a nice day.