Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I read the last five pages and I'm very sad I have only been following brexit intermittently. Now that TRUMP is about to leave, BREXIT may replace that fading lodestar. God save the Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Freelancefogy posted:

I prefer brit-plague or anglo-curse.

.co.uk.vid-19

nuketulsa posted:

I hope another Cod War breaks out :)

CoD 4: Cod Wars really shows activision are really out of ideas

crepeface has issued a correction as of 06:30 on Jan 1, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
britannia, once ruler of the waves, denied the bounty of the sea... such a tragic tale

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

redleader posted:

it would be pretty funny requiring travellers from like australia or new zealand to get tested. there would be zero new strains arising from there

we just got the albion affliction upon our northern shores so who knows what wonders can bloom in our venomous sands

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/DrTomFrieden/status/1347632923944611843?s=20

this seems real bad

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
not sure, but here's what denmark thinks about it:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1346899021621813249?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
introducing labr2.0: we're for families

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

what the gently caress is wrong with your country

how did they determine exactly how much carrot this family should get? did they factor in the shrinking radius as they divided it?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
apparently, these are meant to cover a week's worth of lunches

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online posted:

oh my god that's horrifying

i'm the quarter of an onion

im the spooned out portions of tuna in the coin bag

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
from d&d

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i gotta stop checking d&d when people mention it, it drives me insane posting there

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
a lot of stones being thrown by british culinary glass houses here

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i think this got posted already? still lol and they're going to be so amazed when they get napster

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Communist Thoughts posted:

i do think the left in the UK should just shut the gently caress up about israel.
its like the most obvious trap every time and nobody else in the whole country has any idea what we're on about.

in 20 years time we're gonna have another shot at a left wing government and like corbyn one of the first things they're gonna do is go off on one about israel (anyone else remember his weird speech during the hustings saying israel would "rue the day" they had decided to be so awful?)
and that time i'm just gonna sigh and wait for defeat

i'll just say what i said when someone suggested the same thing about immigration discourse in us politics being too difficult:

people have said this through out history about :
-trans rights
-gay marriage
-women's suffrage
-racial equality
-segregation
-slavery
-etc

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
but we're only complicit and tacitly supporting apartheid outside our borders!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/oocmma/status/1352621184169472008?s=20
what can't brexit do!? truly the most powerful of phenomenons

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

genericnick posted:

Everyone in this thread could be a secret German.:stonk: No way to know

ask them to count to 3 on their fingers!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/YDunhai/status/1355802861997846529?s=20

still can't believe my sister's bff moved from AUSTRALIA to london for a guy she's known for 6 months that's pursing a master's.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

prefect posted:

Hey, you guys are going to be getting some cheap shellfish soon.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1358848568178716673

guess the EU has... 😎 more cock

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

10000 Sex Arses posted:

I got an email from Amazon telling me that one of my favourite whiskeys (Bushmills' Black Bush) was on offer.

But due to Brexit Amazon is no longer able to ship Northern Irish spirits to Northern Ireland,. They have to go through export declarations to ship to Amazon's distribution centre in GB, them go through further export declarations to ship it back from GB to Northern Ireland's EU customs zone.

The government is still sticking to their hardline propaganda that there is no internal Tory sea border between Britain and NI.

that is incredible. thank you for this story

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Elevation London: 11m
Elevation Amsterdam: -2m

just wait 5 years lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gonadic io posted:

Elevation London: -2m
Elevation Amsterdam: -11m

pretty much

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the people are definitely crying out for something

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Giedroyc posted:

You can dismiss the monarchy as privilege

fixed this for you

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
ahh, the grapes of wraps

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you guys signed the free trade agreement with us but missed some of the fine print requiring you to adhere to our standards :twisted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's you

you will have to drink them

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yorkshire tea is just a brand of tea??

tea... quintessentially british!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
still laughing at that twitter gif.

like australia isn't known for vegemite... we also export a fair bit of oranges and strawberries... i guess you guys can turn it into jam with secret british know-how and sell it back to us for a tidy profit???

edit: also going to be very surprised about the demand for british cheese considering our dairy industry

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lancashire is not that uncommon here, pretty sure some is made in tasmania at least

edit: never even heard of irn bru

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

They reduced the amount of sugar in it after the government introduced an increased tax rate for high-sugar soft drinks. It now has that unpleasant artificial sweetener aftertaste.

this didn't get fixed by brexit!?! what good is breaking free of the shackles of the tyranny of brussels if you can't even get a proper irn bru!?!?!

(does irn bru mix well with any spirits?)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
did you guys do it

did the free for all day of loving and sucking start

:pusheen:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Venomous posted:

since Delta is doubtless about to ravage this lovely island, can anyone itt recommend a place where I can buy a good respirator

there's good info in the c-spam covid thread who have been on the respirator train for awhile. most of the info is for usa, but if you ask in the thread someone might have info more relevant for an inhabitant of the cursed isles

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I forgot about Brexit for a sec

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1436262726196768820

how's that renewed relationship with the US working out?

quote:

Ministers announced they will slash driving test rules in a bid to tackle the lorry driver shortage.

Wannabe truckers will only need to take one test for a rigid and articulated lorry, instead of two tests three weeks apart.

Tests will also be made shorter by removing 'reversing' and 'uncoupling and recoupling' exercises, and car drivers will be allowed to tow a trailer or caravan without taking a new test.

enticing more workers by.... reducing safety standards. gently caress lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Syncopated posted:

they're removing the reversing test of all things? lmfao

well if there's one thing brits are good at, it's going backwards lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
goddamn I did not think that the UK school lunches could get worse then sending out carrot nubs and tablespoons of tuna in coin bags but here you go:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1449881116069015557?t=m8RK18Q9yi7RlHqfOYj2VQ&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

A Buttery Pastry posted:

By virtue of the US being a continuation of a British colony, all Americans should be repatriated to Britain. Possibly Floridians and the citizens of former Mexican territories might be allowed to go to Spain instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

they think the black 'n' stands for something else