Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gonna be there for the midnight release at Nintendo store because they'll probably give keychains, totebags or whatever with the game.

I've been playing NL since mid December to get hyped about the new one. I'm a little sad that I may not have enough time to get Gracie in town for the checks to get the mega T&T Emporium and haven't met Katrina enough to get her fortune teller shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

glassyalabolas posted:

Stopped by the other day. They don't do preorders anymore.

Right they don't do pre orders, you have to reserve an RSVP for the event when it becomes available online and you come at your time slot instead of waiting on line. They've started doing this since Link's Awakening.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I want to celebrate other holidays/events besides American ones.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Animal Crossing direct and news of Cooking Mama coming out in March is a lot for me to take in.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Crapton sounds amazing. I wished I knew about it while playing New Leaf. I don't think in New Horizons you can have more than one island on the switch? So I guess there won't be a Crap island. :(

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
More inventory space is always good. I was always selling furniture and clothes that I still wanted. Also someone most definitely got fired for leaking that. Real hero.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So the getaway islands are randomized now? Gonna be hard to get those golden bugs to pay off my loan now.

Anyway I loved everything I saw in the direct and will watch it again tonight to check if I missed out on stuff. I'm finally thinking about planning my island out.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So..we aren't getting furniture from the amiibo cards?

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm basic and just want a beach resort town. I'll play with that map template but it's no guarantee that my island won't end up a mess like my NL town.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've played NL sporadically and have left my villagers for several months on end every year but I still have the original 4 I started out with several years ago. The ones that have moved out were villagers I barely interacted with. :shrug:
I don't know how people lose their faves.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a lot of black feminine hairstyles like longer locs since they have it super short instead.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

TurnipFritter posted:

RIP Shampoodle

Gonna miss her. There is something nice about actively going out and getting your hair done by a poodle asking you vague questions.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I never played the GameCube AC and now I really want a bunch of mean people on my island.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Name your island after actual plague islands.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
My island name is less than 10 so I'm good.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kitten Nightmares posted:

Okay, I'm so loving in on this raccoon goon gang tag dogpile.

Has anyone thought to go opposite seasons/hemispheres with a close friend or family member to get access to different bugs and fish? I offered to do it with my fiance and he said he'd rather just play through the seasons in real time and that made me feel like a dirty cheater :sigh:

My friend really wants to do Southern Hemisphere. I was warning her that she'll be dealing with fall and winter soon but whatever. If I need to get stuff I'll just gamble with the random tour island.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1237113428059099136?s=19
I don't think NYC Nintendo store is having a midnight release event party. I'm assuming you have to come early and line up a few hours before doors open up on the 20th at 11am.
A better idea than just packing nerds into a pen and into a crowded store during a corona outbreak?

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've remembered my favorite thing to do every day is to go over to Tortimer Island and just swim around until I have an entire box full of sea creatures. It's chill and relaxing, and I hope there's something equivalent in NH (added bonus, letting me sneak up on fish too :ninja:)

I haven't seen any diving in NH. I'll be pretty bummed out if they don't have it.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Brought the digital preorder instead of Nintendo having a release day event for it. Not betting on any large events during a pandemic. I really hope that we could play it on the 19th at 9PM. Where was this rumor confirmed? I did see that the code for a 7 day online trial would be available by the same time but not the game?

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I would like a tune based on Voice of No Return from Nier: Automata.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

C. E. Croix posted:

Can't wait to play this game and hang out with my fake video game animal friends since right now human contact = floor is lava.

Lol. Animal Crossing may be the only contact I have with my friends for the next several months.

Italian ad seems kinda cruel now since I can't imagine kids riding a public bus to school or chilling in the woods under a quarantine.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

LionArcher posted:

I wanted the journal so I ordered it on target... and it won’t be here till next Sunday through Tuesday :shepicide:

I wanted goodies from Nintendo NYC store way back but I just got the online pre-order seeing how bad this epidemic is turning out. Just yesterday they tweeted they're reducing hours and I wouldn't be shocked if they close up shop before then 20th.

On the brightside, I'm making villager amiibos and sending it to my friend tomorrow. Hope she likes them. :toot:

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

Animal Crossing New Horizons question. If my wife and I each get our own copy of the game, will we be able to use the the same island and play with each other? Or is it more that we each have our own separate islands and can just visit each other sometimes?

Edit: I would also love a gang tag

One island per switch. If she has her own switch she can have her own island. You can add an account for her on your island and vice versa, meaning that you can have your own island and an extra house/character on your other partners switch. Kinda like having a dacha.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

It sounds like the best option is to have our own copies and visit each other I think. Thank you!

Yep! She just needs her own Switch. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I can't get a tropical fruit I'll be fine with anything except pears since they don't stand out until it's fall/winter. Not sure I'll do an island reset for it though.

I don't have a strong opinion on time jumping. I've done it sometimes and it hasn't ruined my experience of the game. Bug hunting on Tortimor island was a slog if you wanted to pay off your loans but it doesn't seem I'll be doing the same poo poo in NH. It's a hell world so let people do whatever they want to do. Who cares!

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was shaking all the trees on my island yesterday for sticks and wood and only had 2 wasps and this time I caught them twice. I felt like a pro.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

someone awful. posted:

I have discovered that you can't send mail to other peoples' villagers anymore and am tremendously sad

If you can send them via the best friends list. I send my friend stuff 2x a day which is the max.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I also really prefer this over NL. Animal villagers seem to have more personally than just nice and nice grouchy. Renée hates me at this point. Just chilling and fishing/bug hunting for some rare stuff before March ends. I think the crafting tools doesn't annoy me as much, I always have the materials in my inventory. Bait crafting sucks though. I have my own projects underway so I can wait for any "new" content like the cafe, Redd, Leif or whoever may appear or build something in the future. for awhile.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Far as I can tell Timmy and Tommy don't sell set furniture anymore it's just stuff to compliment the sets you can make through DIY and their variants so you can get unlucky and have them sell something you saw yesterday except in a different color.

They just sold me a tatami bed yesterday.
I think there will be another upgrade beyond the 2nd store via whatever DLC down the road.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was playing NL till this came out and I would say that NH is way more addicting. I end up sketching future ideas about how my island would look like after terraforming and moving houses and shops outside of the game. I'm way more into decorating the island than my home at this point.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The sturgeon is the only March fish I'm missing and I can live without getting all of them. I'll be playing more than a year at this point. My friend has been extremely lucky and got all the rare fish.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I barely get to play this game at night so I'm kinda happy this event is gonna be there till the 12th. Anyone know how long the cherry blossoms last? I would like to craft stuff from it too

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oxyclean posted:

I get the frustration with the egg situation, but I also feel like it's that way so someone who only plays every few days, or only plays for an hour a day, will still have a chance to get all the event stuff?

Yeah that's pretty much the extent that I can play on weekdays. I also always loved Easter poo poo as a kid so it's kinda nostalgic for me except that creepy mascot. I think the theme looks way better than NLs. I love bright and pastel colors, so it works out for me.
It sounds like a lot people on Reddit and here are able to play for a really long time which is why they get annoyed or burnt out so quickly.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

HaB posted:

Also: I have finally acquired recipes for Cutting Board, Ironwood Dresser and Ironwood Kitchenette. Happy to craft and share or if I can re-buy the recipes, that too.

Now I finally have the start of a dang kitchen.

drat, I need those. My switch code is 7300-3543-3535 if you haven't added me from the goon list.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
The reddit post about Sakura DIYs are in the red balloons and all balloons spawn every 5 mins around the eastern part of the beach is correct. I got 2 DIYs from it, a wand and the pink wooden wall. The first 2 was one from Isabelle and one luckily I found in a bottle. I've also found a bamboo DIY in a green balloon and a decent object in a blue one. You could just ignore the easter ones but I need those DIYs too to make up for the fact that I barely play during the week. Red balloons may be spawning every 20-30 mins but check every 5 I guess. In the meantime I'm catching a bunch of petals.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Violen posted:

Oh yeah, I should mention, if anyone wants any of the sakura items (don't have spare recipes, unfortunately), I'll make them and send them to you as long as you send/bring me the materials. I don't really give a drat about getting something for it. I guess you could send or drop whatever amount of bells if you want but seriously don't feel bothered. Just quote me or PM me or whatever and we can get it done. Depending on what you want you might need to visit me to give me the materials, and I can only get you a max of 2 items a day, because, well, see my above rant.

Oo.. contemplating this but also want the DIYs for future unless I sell them.
I do want the cherry blossom pond stone and at least 2 of the lanterns. My switch code is 7300-3543-3535.
IDK how the transaction works, I guess I'll visit your island with the materials needed for it. I'm drowning in petals!!

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

I sent you a PM you with my dodo code! I think you just added me and you're online if you have a Yoshi avatar.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thanks so much Violen! It went pretty smoothly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kicks doesn't set up shop or is he a permanently a traveling salesman? I would like a show store even if it's already in the regular store.