Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Hod up, flowers are worth selling? Those fuckers are consuming my island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Just channel your inner sheep dog and corral it into a wall/corner. The AI freaks out and it will more often swim into you than try to get around you

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Does Jack keep giving you endless copies of his outfit? Because I appropriated quite a lot of candy tonight

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Paths also seem to be really important. I guess stars hate grass

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

How do you get Celeste to visit? I've gone 2 months without seeing her on my island and it's starting to get to me...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

J-Spot posted:

You must be missing her if you haven’t seen her in two months. She will skip a week here or there but I usually see her once a week. She only shows up after 7pm on nights when you will have shooting stars, and she may spawn in weird locations you wouldn’t normally see anyone like inaccessible cliffs so be sure to scour the island.

That would make sense, I have inaccessible cliffs that you can't see all of from the ground....

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

^This. A couple times Celeste has spawned on Redd’s access point which can’t immediately be seen when running around looking for her.

That's just mean

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

How many bells per turnip is appropriate for advertising and opening up your island? I'm at 163 for the next two hours

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Eh, why not, Isla Sorna will be open. Not a lot going on, just Flick and a pretty alright price on Turnips for the next hour

Dodo Code: closed

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 13, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

One red / one neutral
One neutral / one blue

All that matters is that red and blue are across from each other

E: how do you get rid of a specific villager? I can't stand Barold or Hugh and I cannot figure out what I can do to get rid of these gross little goblins

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 14, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Black Robe posted:

If you use amiibo to invite a new villager you can replace whoever you please.

If someone random is in your campsite you have to go through their minigames and dialogue and whatever else until they offer to replace someone and if it's not the villager you want immediately close out of the game without saving BEFORE ENDING THE DIALOGUE and try again. The game autosaves as soon as you end the dialogue so if you finish the conversation they'll always offer to replace the same one. If you close out before the save you can keep trying until they pick the one you want.

There is currently no way to deliberately get rid of a villager without having a replacement waiting in the campsite. There's a chance they'll decide to move out on their own and ask you if you think they should but that only happens once every few weeks and there's no way to pick who wants to go.

All the stuff about ignoring them, smacking them with a net etc doesn't work.

So amiibo, then go through the minigame stuff, then savescum to replace the right person?
That seems like a lot of effort to get rid of a trash goblin, but as long as I never have to hear about my villagers hearing voices from bugs or how they dipped something in gravy, licked all the gravy off, and then gave it to me, or how they waited outside my house for days, it's a small price to pay

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

https://twitter.com/GoonStonks/status/1327686060067876865

Today was Muffy's last day on my island, so we threw her a goth Karaoke goodbye party, the last dance of the full Spooky Mage Sisters pop group.

If you'd like to add a Goth Sheep Seamstress to your island, let me know and she's all yours

Can you pick someone up when your island is full?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Opening up Isla Sorna for a while why I try to catch the sea pig (again :bang:) go AFK
Bunch of free stuff and a few DIYs laying around
CJ is here and you can buy whatever you want from the shops

Celeste finally decided to show up too, she's stuck at the pier

Dodo Code: closed

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 18, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I've got Barold in boxes if anyone wants that little goblin

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I gave in and bought the 72 pack of amiibos. I couldn't take Barold anymore, that little goblin was one of my first villagers and I couldn't make him leave any other way. At least I've got Ankha now

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

LET ME CRAFT FROM MY STORAGE

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I haven't gotten a single maple leaf DIY besides the leaf pile. I'm not salty or anything, I don't really care about those recipes, but I play quite a bit and I feel like I should have gotten at least one

I've been hitting up my villagers for recipes up to 3 times a day and going to other people's islands, talking to their villagers doing DIY, and I feel like that would be a much better way to distribute the recipes. I don't need a 5th pear dress recipe

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Ah... I have bad news. You don't get the seasonal DIYs from villagers (except the Halloween ones). You get them from popping balloons.

Oh, I'm well aware, I was just lamenting that they had a perfect delivery service already and leave it up to double RNG on whether or not you will get any

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Is there a trading standard for gold nuggets? I desire more shiny things and I don't have as many as I'd like

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Crain posted:

Finally got 3 stars and the KK Slider concert.

Now I can terraform...

But what the gently caress do I want to do with the island....

Anyway: Can you remove/change the bridges/inclines?

Yes, you can have up to 8 of each and I think it costs 10k to demolish old ones

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm at my wits end here, and hoping that complaining on the Internet will change my luck. I have I think four hours to catch a char this year.

https://twitter.com/tayter_swift/status/1333582974516748288?s=20

That is where I'm supposed to stand, right? I've thrown north of 60 bait into this spot and haven't seen one ever. My last catch was a cherry salmon, so I think this counts as "river (clifftop)."

Yeah, you're in the right place, time to grind out some fishbait...
I've been debating time travelling to get the last of my collection done. I'm missing 2 of the big stag beetles and the thought of waiting 6 more months to get a chance at them gets under my skin enough to want to cheat in a game I promised to play fairly

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's like Nintendo noticed the cottage industry of ACNH apps and decided to put out an update that the game should have launched with. Maybe I'm just salty because I hate typing on in game keyboard

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

jimmychoo posted:

where might one find a mush lamp ...? :angel:

A single lamp, or multiple?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

My villagers keep commenting on my constant outfit changes and it's starting to feel judge-y with how many times I hear it everyday. I can play pretty pretty dress up as much as I want to, thank you very much

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

UltraRed posted:

Can you get two of the same villager? I want an entire village of Sherbs :3:

I wish, the world could use more Tiffanies

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Fistful of Silence posted:

Which will make you curse the barreleye, stringfish, coelacanth, and pier fish, and scratch your head at the smallness of the saw shark. whale shark

I was so disappointed with the whale shark statue. I can't believe that I wasted so many potential bells for a 2x1 miniature when all of the other fish statues I commissioned until then had been the same size that the fish are when you show them off

I did completely snooze on the bug statues though, visiting your guys' islands has shown me that I need to pay more attention to Flick than CJ

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Do you guys just not grind fishbait? Sure I dug up like 35 clams, but I got the Stringfish in about an hour

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I've got a meteor shower with Celeste code in the PGS thread

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Do they let you buy clothes in multiple yet? Like multiple shirts, pants, etc? That poo poo just killed clothes shopping for me. Having to go in and out of the wardrobe to get all the clothes. For the love of all that's good Able give me a shopping cart!

Almost all of my expanded storage is clothes because I buy all of the colors. It can take me several minutes to buy clothes because I go into the fitting room a dozen times in a row and it's so. slow.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I've got 171 for the next 45 minutes if that's a good return 20R5R

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 5, 2023

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

otter posted:

aww dang, i missed it. I bought at 99 so that would have been good. Stupid job getting in the way...

It happens. On both my islands they're down to 117 and 105 for the evening, but you still have a little while to get a sale in

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I figured most players pushing 8 or 9 digits wouldn't care about money anymore. Like, I have ~15 million bells left since my last turnip trade, what the gently caress am I going to do with even more millions of bells? I used to give a lot of my money away because I couldn't do anything useful with my fortune

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Doesn't leaving them on a hard path do it, or can ants carry further than 1 tile over? The fly was one of my last too

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Harvey Baldman posted:

I could honestly live with the weird long connection times, and how clunky all of that is, but what I find incredible is that there is no real co-op building or decorating option. Everything is just set in stone and immutable. As soon as there is more than one player in an environment. Real bummer, it feels like it was almost easier just to use the leader/follower system for my partner and I to play together, at least we could accomplish things.

Best friends can do some extra things, like digging, but yeah... I understand that it's to prevent griefing, but it feels like laziest way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I made my island a resort town, so naturally all of the locals live clustered on a tiny hill in the corner of the island