Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Are the joycons gonna be available in those colors for separate purchase? Mine are shot and not fixable under warranty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
What are the little glowing yellow spots on the ground

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1246142803496718337?s=20

Alfonso rules already and molly might be the cutest villager ever. Protect molly.

Group j/o sesh.

This is my beautiful identification card.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Look at this shirt. I assume a lot of the early game stuff is railroaded and probably all of you have this already but seriously I’ve never loved an animal crossing shirt this much. This game whips rear end

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Your Computer posted:

also this game just got incredibly real in the middle of the night and I can't believe I ever doubted O'Hare

me too, O'Hare.... me too buddy :unsmith:

This rules. Ohare was probably my second favorite villager I ever had in New Leaf, he’s got a great look and even better personality. Glad I’m not the only one who likes him a ton!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Internet Kraken posted:

You know it would be cool if people talked about their towns and stuff in this thread and not their spot on some turnip queue.

Flowers don't wilt anymore. The best you could do is let that place get overrun with weeds as for as depressing foliage goes.

Agreed, thank you. But this is the way these games always go. The minmaxers who are obsessed with raking in bells as quickly as possible and keep setting their clocks forward will wash out eventually though once a new assassins creed comes out. Stay strong friend

In all seriousness though maybe a separate thread for the turnip stuff would be a good idea?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

IronicDongz posted:

it's not a big deal that people post about/to facilitate playing online together in the thread about the videogame they are playing online in

posting to help one another get money and items and as part of that visiting their townis, in fact, maybe the best kind of post possible in a thread for this game
wanting to sell turnips online, something that is a mechanic in the game on purpose to incentivize visiting other towns(which is why it's possible to sell at other island's prices despite other things like selling to other island's flicks not being allowed), is not minmaxing.
it's using a mechanic that exists in the game to be used.

Perhaps the crack about assassins creed was too subtle but it was a joke doofus. I think it’s endlessly boring to post about turnips because the posts are contentless but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. It’s just not interesting material

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hippeux has visited my town.

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1248642822867017730?s=20

This guy is the loving worst holy poo poo!! I love him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Do wands break eventually? I don’t ever play this game at night and want to know if I need to conserve the one I got for the fish tourney

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I was going to make the bunny day recipes but then zipper was a mouthy jerk so now I’m going sell all of them.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hippeux is such a dick and I’m here for it!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Listen kid. WHaddya want’??

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Cercueil posted:

Man, Hippeax will not leave my town. Ignore him for 3 weeks straight and nothing, but in that time I've had two of my villagers that interact with a lot ask about leaving. I put a fence around his house since I heard that helps contribute to getting someone to leave and he somehow got out this morning. I'm getting flashbacks to NL where I tried to get Gruff to leave by ignoring him and he stayed for months.

Hippeux rules, this is hosed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
On a similar note Alphonso taught me how to make a golden dung beetle today. You bet your sweet rear end I went home and made that poo poo!

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252360599985483777?s=20

I also spent a little time with the biggest rear end in a top hat alive too. I’m talking about Hippeux if that isn’t clear.

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252358923882868738?s=20

I ALSO made a tanktop with my favorite record labels logo on it and my bff ursala started wearing it. Overall a banner day in Kether

https://twitter.com/realbadposts/status/1252359268730171393?s=20

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah admiral rules.

Finally got three stars and now I can terraform. Mostly just excited to give myself a few places that will be easier to build inclines

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is my passport. It has my most cherished possession on it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

eating only apples posted:

Holy poo poo I need me one of these

Yeah. Admiral gave it to me when I gave him medicine and he instantly rocketed up my list of top men. The clothing in this one is really great compared to new leaf.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

I’m really glad she said this midway through a cup of coffee with a crazed look in her eyes.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Not pictured are my golden sandals. gently caress this games good. I can turn my entire house into a grandmas parlor

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hippeux rules, what the hell is wrong with you people

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Hippeux is not hippo Donald trump. He’s hippo frasier and that’s an important distinction to make.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Huxley posted:

This looks like a really cool river/mountain layout. Did you terraform a lot of this in or did it come close to this naturally?

Thank you! I actually didn’t add any of the water or terrain myself. Had to narrow the middle waterfall a little bit in order to place a bridge but that’s it. Just got lucky I guess!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

With people posting their villagers I'm kind of curious- tier lists be damned who's your favorite villager in Animal Crossing?

For me it's always going to be Punchy the Cat. I love that quirky fella :3:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Of the ones I have now Alfonso audie and hippeux are definitely my faves. I let Flip the monkey move out, he was cool but jocks are dime a dozen and Rowan has the exact same personality with a great interior too.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
On that note my least favorite villager I’ve ever had is claudia because she is frightening to look at

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WhatEvil posted:

O'Hare showed up at my campsite and I didn't really want him at first cause he seemed like a bit of a douche, but he is absolutely great. His home is crazy (it's water/beach themed, the floor is water and he has a shark model and stuff in there currently) and his personality is great, including his conversations with other islanders.

I have some of the villagers that show up on the "most desired" lists or whatever - Ankha, Sherb, Beau.... but I think O'Hare might be my favourite. I love all of my villagers though.

I guess I'm least keen on Monty - he showed up uninvited because we had an empty plot for like, a day, which I think is a lovely mechanic. He's just a bit boring. His house is cool though - forest-themed and full of mushrooms.

Yeah he whips rear end. Glad I’m not the only one who’s a fan

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jesus how do you make those Christmas trees. Those are so great

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hippeaux is Frasier, Chadder is Niles. Though their houses might be the other way around.

Hippeaux is bar none my favorite AC villager ever. He’s absolutely unbearable

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Best and worst villagers ranked

1. Hippeaux
2. O’Hare
3. Cherry
4. Cube

397. Claudia

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is my stuff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

B33rChiller posted:

The freaks who decide they're going to just waltz right through my front door while I'm busy?
They get garbage bags around their house until they decide to move out.

I detest this mechanic. I know you can hide in a different room until they go away but all the villagers have phones. Would make more sense for them to call and ask if they can come over lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I started a new one last year and am just playing a little bit every now and then, I’m just now at the point that I have started putting down paths with the terraforming functions and stuff. It’s still fun and I did festivale for the first time and got the giant peacock organ robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I simply do not play the game on bunny day. As such I have skipped today and will be returning to Hindenburg tomorrow.