Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Pre-ordered a special edition Switch for my wife from Best Buy Canada! Failed to get one for a friend from EB Games at midnight since their website failed spectacularly, had to drive there in person before they opened.

Then all the stores put more up and I impulsively pre-ordered one for myself...

Can't wait!! We played Wild World every night for over a year. That was the first and last game she's played. She's been watching YouTube videos analysing every little leak, so she's hyped too.

Would a third island on my OG Switch serve any purpose???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I would pay for Pokemon Home type phone DLC. So I could chill with my dude and my animal friends at work. Even as just a jukebox with some fishing thrown in, or a mobile version of your museum collection.
COMPLETELY separate from the gacha ridden Pocket Camp.

If they do DLC with unique furniture or animals it would be unfair to non-DLC completionists. I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. :P

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

On top of owning all the AC Amiibo, I've got a couple hundred blank nfc stickers ready to go. I'll hook you folks up with favourite neighbours. There, already found an excuse for an extra island on my old Switch.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

You're even wrong on the month. It's still April 20.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Delayed cuz of Coronavirus...

I kid, I kid. The countdown on my phones homescreen says 37 days 13 Hours 42 Minutes.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

This video talks about some of the possible phone app uses. I was wondering how qr code patterns were going to work with no camera on the Switch, your phone has one! So it will probably be a catalog on the phone, like Splatoons, but with official and user created designs. Maybe we can preview the outfits on our Villager in the app.

Maybe GPS on the phone will allow location bonuses, like the 7-11 ones in Japan? I think that's how the Pokemon Pass app works. Pain in the rear end for some people I'm sure, but I'm kind of hyped for all the weird interactive poo poo they could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MbO2DWCMg

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm not accepting friend requests for anyone named Epstein. Nintendo should add it to their blacklisted words before we are overrun with Epstein Islands!

There are a ton of Japanese friend recommendations on my Switch because of Pocket Camp. Kind of like when I had StreetPass on during a vacation there, and hit my daily limit often.

I'll take any fruit but cherries.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Kinda awkward looking at those pics with people walking around my desk. Ruining my super tough guy image.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

ZarathustraFollower posted:

So you all may appreciate how animal crossing helped me choose my career path...

:aaa:

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I hope there are no more foods. Recipes would add way too many functions, dozens of ingredients etc.

So one fruit's worth of energy to move a tree. 10 to move your house? 20 to move other buildings? Some kind of leveling up to raise your cap for the bigger things. You need 5 fruit to reel in a shark? I'm in.

They really need to release this to stop all this theorizing. Skip the Direct.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I'm pretty much alone for the first hour at work, and I guess I'll be eating lunch in my car to play for a while.

Being sent on my first business trip ever in May, my first thought was 4 straight days of AC in my hotel, and keeping in touch with my wife through the game. :P

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

OMG! Hope they levels of friendship to prevent that kind of damage.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Thunder Bear posted:

I'm one of the loonies that has an OG Switch and Lite. If not even save transfer is a thing, I basically have to designate one Switch as the "AC console", right?

(I'm leaning toward Lite, but sucks if true.)

Ya, you'll have to pick one console. If it had a proper cloud save system I might have considered getting a Lite to play at work. Would suck less losing or breaking the cheaper one.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

broken pixel posted:

I'm cool with it! Maybe you could put it under your SA name and leave a note at the end specifying it's her info?

Thanks for setting that up!

Added my wife to my entry with her info in brackets and a note.

One month to go!

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I found my Nintendo Power, Gamecube Animal Crossing guide last night. Definitely picking this one up.

The Gamecube one is 164 pages with a full catalog of furniture sets, the new one is 432 pages!

Here's a link to the Nintendo Power one.
https://archive.org/details/AnimalCrossingOfficialPlayersGuide/mode/2up

PeePot fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 19, 2020

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Looks like even jailbroken iOS still can't make amiibo's.

I'll be offering my services once I find out how often you can invite from scanning. I ordered a few hundred stickers a while back for this.

Going to limit myself to one or two, so my island's growth will feel somewhat organic.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I hope the camera mode is similar to Mario odyssey’s freecam. I’ll spend hours trying to do funny photos

There's a freaking Say Cheese button that makes them look at the camera.

You can see all pan/zoom options, at 12:45 in the Direct. Looks like a button for filters too. 24:43 shows even more options in Harvey's studio. Guess I'm making a Twitter account just for AC.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Today I learned that I can't program my implanted NFC with an Amiibo. I'm very sad now.

Seeing that inventory expansion from 20 to 40 slots is amazing, and looks like everything can be stacked. Sucks that tools still take up slots, but the tool wheel helps a bunch. She even had a fan accessory bound to a slot.

Does the Magic Wand select outfits or single clothing pieces?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Absolutely getting Bowie Cat. David Meowie?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

There's only 8 total hairstyles to choose from at the start?? In the Direct it shows 2 sets of 8 styles, and 8 colours you can unlock with Nook Miles. I'm guessing it's way more than that eventually.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I saw another picture with a bunch of shaped bags, like stars, but I can't find it. Kind of like the fish one here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/acworldblog/status/1170005756957077505

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

So have gyroids not shown up anywhere in the previews so far? My little sister is freaking out that they won't be a thing and I don't have any evidence to actually say they are still around.

I like that they're not showing everything. I have a friend that has only played Pocket Camp and has no idea that K.K. is important.

If PAX is getting to play a demo this weekend, is it possible that they release a demo on the day the AC Switch comes out, a week earlier than the game?

On the map in the back of the airport, it shows the hidden beach that's on the back of every island, and a smaller island just off of it. That beach is only reachable after you can terraform, so what kind of endgame island could that be?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Someone on the BellTreeForums posted a video showing the cloud wallpaper in a room moving. The loving clouds are moving!

At the 6:00 mark, the birthday party scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6QN8ou709o

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

As much as I'd like an early demo, there are way too many people buying the Special Edition Switch that won't get to play it with the rest of us.

Amazon.ca has the guidebook back in at 40% off.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/3869931000

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ya, there's no way they only did animations for the ocarina. Even in Pocket Camp all the animals play instruments.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

Add me too please!
First gang in my 18 years here.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Mainwaring posted:

Also has anyone else noticed that every island we've seems to have a tiny outcrop of beach on the very north? And in the direct when showing off terraforming there's a brief clip of a villager clearing some cliffs to gain access to it before it cuts away? What secrets might that tiny beach hold???

The map on the wall in the airport shows a smaller island just off of that small beach. I don't think it's Harvey's, cuz he's gotta be available before terraforming. DJ KK Fyre Festival Island?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Thanks to our newly crowned IK for the gang tag.

Just got a call from EB Games, my special edition Switch is in the building and ready for Friday pickup. Yay that they didn't go bankrupt after I pre-ordered!

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

I've got Snake hiding in a box today if anyone wants a bad-rear end Jock Ninja Rabbit.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Someone actually paid us $4 million for her.

I could have made them an Amiibo card and even mailed it first class for a measly $1 million.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

A million thanks to whoever mentioned holding down the R button to speed up text. I wish I knew that a year ago.

Does everyone else get a bit of lag when opening up the Reactions wheel? Just enough lag that the villager is already walking away after talking to them by the time the wheel opens up.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ya. That's bullshit.
Did the entire team just move onto Splatoon 3?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Only this weekend did I discover that you can trip over while sprinting with a balloon causing the balloon to fly away. Still learning poo poo about this game and I’ve been playing since April last year.

Everyone should craft the King Tut Mask as well!

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Holy poo poo balls.

I saw Froggy Chair trending on Twitter and it reminded me that the Direct was today. High def farting chair.

Gyroids was all I was waiting for, I even saw a blob fish one! The Happy Home thing is great for giving me directed missions since I'm not that creative with my own island.

Ugh, that direct just kept going and going with wonderful new things. Completely justified missing the 1 year anniversary for 2.0. They didn't forget about us.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Mouse Dresser posted:

Does anyone know how the new Amiibos will work for folks who like to.. uh.. back up their Amiibos with NFT tags?

They'll probably be "ripped" before they hit the shelves.

My wife is so excited to get Raymond. Funny thing is that my niece started her island with Raymond but only played for a month, and because of her love of cats she wouldn't get rid of him. I bought you that Switch girl!! What happened to best uncle ever huh???

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I don't like the implication that you bury multiple bodies in the same spot

Going by the small town cemetery where my grandmother is buried, it's 4 cremations per plot, or one coffin and 2 cremations above it.

Due to the limited space on the island I'm assuming the numbers are even higher.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Shammypants posted:

There are a million quality of life improvements they can add, but they won't

All of my storage issues could be solved by allowing bigger stacks of materials. Like allowing only 10 Star Fragments in one stack, so I have 3-4 rows of those. One of the feather materials form Pave doesn't even stack. I'm no programmer, but changing Wood from 30 to 99 doesn't seem like it would break anything.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

YggiDee posted:

Maybe it'll clean up all the stray tree branches I can't be bothered to pick up.

Just stick some branches behind houses or cliffsides, and they'll stop spawning. a brief googling tells me you have to hide 10, this works for small stones, but I'm not sure how many you have to hide.

On the back of my cliffside I hid a row of small stones, branches, and buried fossils.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Nemo2342 posted:

I hid all my fossils back there too. I wonder if that will have an impact on gyroids?

It definitely will, Gyroids will be well worth it though.
I'm glad my wife and our friend will probably have little interest in Gyroids and will help me stock up on them.

I might even create another account to have a house dedicated to Gyroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

It just dawned on me, with the addition of the new amiibo cards, I guess people can also create fake RFIDs for all those in-demand new-comers. Granted, it's a bit late now.

November 5th can't come soon enough.

Hahaha, death to the Raymond black market.

Oh no, there is no card for Pascal, I guess they only animated him in his swimming positions. He's one of my favs, watching him cracking his scallop while floating away, but it's such a pain in the rear end to see him.

Checking Pascal's wiki he was voiced by Takashi Miike in the anime!