Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hey I found the thread. Finally a game to play other than BoTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Next batch of gangtags queued up for delivery :slick:

It's getting easier to find people who don't have one, as the whole loving thread is pretty much tagged up at this point :v:

I've given you a tag. If you don't want it, send me a PM and I'll remove it.

Is there any chance I could get the tag added to the bottom of the ones I already have? :shobon:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh poo poo I just found my old 3DS and my AC cart was in it. No idea where the power adapter is, so I ordered a usb style one from Amazon and it’ll get here a day before New Horizons!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel my Amazon order and just get it online because we are all going to die.

Edit: Gang tag! Thank you! :buddy:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

no gyroids, trash game

wait are you serious

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah it came up in the gamexplain review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGGDaDIeSCQ

he's still in the denial phase of 'maybe i just haven't found any yet, they've gotta be in somewhere' but he said he's been playing it for 3 weeks on multiple switchs

maybe they'll be in an update someday............................

gently caress

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

the replacement items: all of the others

But yea, gyroids being gone sucks, but hell even as an obsessive collector it's not like I'm not gonna be trying to get tons of other stuff too.

Yeah making a Gyroid room in my basement was one of my favorite things. :(

I fired up my 3DSXL and apparently my old AC game was gone replaced by one that had only just been started. Ah well.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I don't know if this has been posted, but something to keep in mind:

https://twitter.com/_acmocha/status/1239105476903796742?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

The museum loving owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoQJ1oK6Zhg

That tree of life.

:aaaaa:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The only amiibos I own are all Zelda ones I got for BoTW. :(

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dazerbeams posted:

I disliked gyroids because there was a limit on how many could be playing at a time. I wanted my attic to be a cacophony of chirps, bells, and whistles!

I fully agree with this. My spooky gyroid throne room in my basement had the big magic circle floor, a couple of torches for lighting, around 20 gyroids, and a throne in the middle of them. I wanted all of them to be making horrible sounds but I think it was 4 max? I still loved that room.

Edit:

SeANMcBAY posted:

All cats are top tier.

Both in Animal Crossing and real life.

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm pretty sure Amazon orders are fine since the game is probably at the warehouses already.

Yeah I just got charged for my order of New Leaf that I made back in October. :unsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Amazon has sent me the shipping notification for my October pre-order, but it won't be in my hands until late Saturday apparently. Ah well, all things considered (the world is on fire and San Francisco is on the stay in place order) that's not terrible. I wasn't even sure if it would be shipped beforehand. I look forward to saturday!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Humerus posted:

Really raccoons should be most awake in the middle of the night right?

:eng101: Nook and his family are actually Tanuki, which are related to canids, not raccoons!

But they are still nocturnal so hey v:shobon:v

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hosed up if true

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:black101:HELL YEAH I GOT KEVIN AS ONE OF MY FIRST NEIGHBORS!:black101:

KaijuVille has oranges as well! I was hoping for those or peaches so I'm in a great spot already! :c00l:

I was bummed that I couldn't put my tent on the little outcropping on the westmost point of my island but hey.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hatty posted:

I forget, do rocks come back :ohdear:
I’ve smashed them all with my cherry super strength

Yes, but in a different spot on the island!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Still having a blast on the first day. Upgraded to better tools and found out I can’t get a shovel still until later :mad:

Also: holy shiiiiiit

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao if you drop it on the ground so you don’t have to carry it around it’s tank is goddamned huge

Edit:

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1241193169015865345?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 21, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I managed to find one of those bastards too and yeah it's like a goddamn swimming pool in my front yard and it's amazing. Between that and the Brontosaurus skull hovering high in the sky above my house because the museum is closed I can only imagine what the other villagers think about my side of the island.

Wait how did you get a shovel before the museum is open?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah, thanks for the tips on how to get the shovel. I knew Blathers gave it to you but I forgot a few people on here got the game earlier than the Norther US so I am still on day 1, I thought there might have been a way to get it before day 2. :sweatdrop:

He may have knocked me out earlier tonight but now I've got his rear end!

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1241229441516195840?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I forgot how much I love fishing in this game. I look forward to early morning catches since I wake up between 5 and 6 usually.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the can becomes a planter for flowers

The second can you get can become a finger harp!

The first two islands I traveled to had the exact same fruit (oranges) and flowers as mine :argh: but I was able to get enough material for Timmy to start building the new store. It and the Museum open tomorrow I guess?

The third island had bamboo which is neat; I brought some back to plant. But when you chop at a bamboo you can get bamboo pieces and spring bamboo pieces. Will they be used later to craft stuff?

Also I'm now going to upgrade my house again to make it bigger, but I've planted a bunch of flowers around my place and I don't want to lose them. Is there a guide online somewhere that I can see how big the place will be (2nd house after tent) so I can plan accordingly?

Also I had no idea yesterday that you could purchase tools from Timmy and a ton of presents floated by because I didn't have the slingshot :doh:

OH! And often when I'm walking around I'll hear the creaking song of an insect but there is nothing visible anywhere. I seem to remember in a past AC game that this was a buried insect? Am I thinking correctly? It's driving me crazy... maybe a Jerusalem cricket?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I didn't realize you needed a code from Dodo to allow people in. :doh:

When I'm back online I'll get that open.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah! Mole crickets! That’s what the creaking song is!

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1241559642158682112?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How are people taking such good photos of their passports to post here?

Since discovering facepaint I have achieved satisfying eyebrows.

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1241590031073947648?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo!!

https://twitter.com/caoki8/status/1241801984715284480?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Infinitum posted:

You can apply filters to the photo if that's what you're asking?

I meant like screenshots that look good from the switch. Other than a roundabout “upload to Twitter and download from that” I’m wanting good pictures

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

compounded daily posted:

So you can't put turnips in storage, apparently...

Guess I'll just, uh, hold onto 830 of them for a while

You can bury them

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

inferis posted:

Yeah you have to pull them off the sd card. The twitter uploads have terrible compression.

Ahhhhh ok that’s what was baffling me. So screen capture on the switch, pull the SD card where the pics are stored (I’m assuming you have to instruct the settings to point there first) and then download to your computer and hey ho. Yes?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can you only be chased by one tarantula at a time? Is that what is happening?

Yes, if one is blocked in and in attack mode, other tarantulas won’t attack!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

stardew is a bad game with no character or atmosphere and all the people in it are boring and bland and in no way should ever be compare to animal crossing or even harvest moon which both have way more personality

Yeah I tried it finally last year because everybody kept going on and on about how awesome it is and it loving sucks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm glad that the AC thread is vindicating my opinion on SDV re: it loving sucks

:haibrow:

I keep getting the same 2 islands when I go out. I want the tarantula island now that I know the trick for taming them :(

Also Harvey is awesome, I wish I had some AC Amiibos to take advantage of his weird sex dungeons photo rooms.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also Nook has given me the cool white picket fences, but I was expecting them to be a craftable item. Do these become a learnable item to craft later, or do you have to purchase them?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Quoting this for new page. My birthday is Friday and I was hoping to have a bunch of people over to my island to celebrate while everyone is social distancing irl.

From what I recall, 8.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

nyttyn posted:

He sends you the DIY recipe for them afterwards and you can get others via nook miles.

Groovy, thanks :)

I can get stone fences and iron fences, but I don't like their aesthetics very much at this point.

Also someone mentioned you can customize the basic wood furniture. How do we do that?

I'm also very glad that I have an indoor crafting table now. I've taken my lovely outdoor stump one and put it on an elevated part of my island where I'm anticipating my tools to break. It'll save me some time from running all the way back home to make something.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I need help with the AC Pattern Tool export. I have put a design in there using the image upload and when I try and read the QR code on the switch app on my phone it gives me a 3999 Error. The editor has this note:
"You can't just type in your own name and town to make a pattern editable on your console. There is some "invisible" data attached to it that cannot be entered by hand. Use the below copy/load buttons to first "copy" your name/town from one of your own patterns, and then "load" it onto any other pattern and it should become editable for you in-game! The copied author information is stored into your browser, so it'll be there for your future visits as well."

How do I take a custom pattern from inside my switch game and upload it to my laptop so I can do this c/p of the invisible data? The AC Patterns site is useful but has a lot of unexplained confusing poo poo going on in it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I need help with the AC Pattern Tool export. I have put a design in there using the image upload and when I try and read the QR code on the switch app on my phone it gives me a 3999 Error. The editor has this note:
"You can't just type in your own name and town to make a pattern editable on your console. There is some "invisible" data attached to it that cannot be entered by hand. Use the below copy/load buttons to first "copy" your name/town from one of your own patterns, and then "load" it onto any other pattern and it should become editable for you in-game! The copied author information is stored into your browser, so it'll be there for your future visits as well."

How do I take a custom pattern from inside my switch game and upload it to my laptop so I can do this c/p of the invisible data? The AC Patterns site is useful but has a lot of unexplained confusing poo poo going on in it.

Ok, apparently if I just change the name and city name to "a" (no quotation marks) then the Switch app can scan the QR Code successfully. Now how do I get the pattern into my actual game? :confused:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

Load up your in game pattern app and hit the + button.

:doh: Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Got my Witch Cat Lulu comforter :neckbeard: (the toy of my cat I make IG CatMagiCToys)

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1242133237251502084?s=21