Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/trixiemattel/status/1234879133500559361?s=21

it feels like RPDR is more sanitized by the season and I feel like a massive part of that is the pandering to younger female fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Guilty posted:

Evidently there's a reason why tucking is an issue for her, if you want to Google it

that argument doesn’t exist when Violet has one of the tightest tucks in the biz, imo

unrelated to the show but Ru-related (...Ru-lated?)

https://twitter.com/rorys/status/1239275515044823040?s=21

:stare:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

just started Dragula S3 again for giggles and good lord, Madelyn Hatter is EXHAUSTING from the goddamn jump.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

RE: Cracker

I think her season 10 promo look is one of the best ones ever, and nothing she's done on the show has ever come close to living up to it.

everyone looked incredible in that photo other than Asia O'Hara, which is wild to look back on after seeing her on the show.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

Maybe "LOOK OVER THERE!" with it flipped so she's pointing at your posts?

Perfection.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

Wish drag wasn't so focused around major cities cause it woulda been fun to see American fans' brains melt when a bunch of queens are introduced from Mississauga, Osoyoos and Kapuskasing and they process it as just gibberish

that's one rad thing about Dragula; they'll bring in queens from random places. Was hype as heck to see a queen from Portland, OR. Yeah, larger city, but still.

My first drag show was in Lufkin, TX and the really lowkey, inexpensive vibe was such perfection.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chad’s obsession with Hunger Games in that season was legendary, Katya even joked about it in her AS2 entrance (“Happy Hunger Games, bitches!” in Russian)

Better than Shangela’s constant game of thrones poo poo; half the time it made zeeeeero sense if you were more than passingly familiar with the books.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it'll be fun to have a Canadian show to watch other than Letterkenny.

These queens all look pretty rad; definitely looking forward to it!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Drag Race Canada is incredible and I'm HEARTBROKEN that one of my immediate favorites had to go. It's so wholesome and Kyne shoulda gotten the boot, but Brooke Lynn straight up saying "hey, accept critique and don't be an rear end in a top hat" was great. Having 3 judges rather than just RuPaul calling all of the shots is a great idea, and the set (as well as the runway/judge's area) makes RPDR look so incredibly low-budget in comparison. I hope they can keep it going; I haven't had so much fun with a drag competition since Dragula.

I'm hoping AS5 has a reunion; the zoom one for the latest season was great and it'll cost Crave or whoever is paying for it very little.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Trixie and Katya’s “we like to watch” series is so good. their take on Tiger King is a delight.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I think this week's Drag Race Canada LSFYL was really great, and the bonus of it being Carly Rae was :kimchi:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I just discovered that a few early seasons of drag race are on Hulu so I just plowed through season 5 and gently caress Santino. he's an absolute shitsack and a bully. glad he's gone.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

did they film three wins? if so, it’s gotta be surreal for Shea to finally get her win while sitting on the couch.

Shea’s runway next to Cracker’s was wildly underwhelming (something I thought I’d never say, and I’m a fan of Cracker’s), but Jujubee’s looks were better each time. AGH.

gandlethorpe posted:

As mostly underwhelming as this season has been, that might have been the best AS finale. I hope they keep the format of bringing back the whole cast for a substantial reason.

Agreed! It was so rad for each of the competitors to get a runway and for the top 3 to have an audience.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watching season 1 and it’s almost painful after the incredible quality camera and set work of DRC.

Akasha has the most stunning smile, Ongina is SO CHARMING, and everything about Nina, oh my goodness.

Side note, I’m not sure what everyone is on about with their criticism of the DRC judges. Jeffery is a bit much sometimes, but he’s nowhere near as vicious as Santino, and his “you have as much time as everyone else” is a very, very good point.
I feel like they’re offering incredibly useful critiques, and I appreciate that the guest judges are on the same level as the permanent hosts. Far better than Ru having the final say.

I’ve never been so in love with an entire cast before (...ok other than Kyne) but I would like BOA to calm it down slightly.

Though I do appreciate that her name inspired me to dive back into the K-Pop Queen BOA’s discography and music videos :allears:

Here’s a mean statement from me though-
I’m glad that Shea finally has something to talk about other than “drat, I lost to Sasha!” She lost because she assumed she’d kill the lipsync so she wore a mediocre look and halfassed the lipsync.
That drive did cause her to step up her (already incredibly strong!) looks and game though, and I absolutely appreciated it.

Final thought- heartbroken that Jujubee’s cats didn’t win $100k though. Imagine the wild, over the top setup Juju would’ve built for them 😭

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

BoA lipsync when tbh

"Eat You Up" would be the BEST drat THING

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THE BULLSHIT OF REBECCA STAYING OVER JADE

Gonna have to eat a few feelings, luckily a vegan ice cream parlor just opened across the street.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the difference is that Bob is funny and charming.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jared Keeso from “Letterkenny”

Not wildly famous, but gorgeous.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

EFFY is an absolute gem, and his Big Gay Brunch events are something I eagerly look forward to whenever events are back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEsVktn0AM/?igshid=agodqzeoc0x6

Another wrestler I adore is Sonny Kiss; he works for AEW and occasionally has Jaguars cheerleaders do choreography with him for entrances. Those splits, my god.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1283553534861082626?s=21

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Between Adam Page's look of despair on AEW and Priyanka's look during the Rita/Jimbo fight I'm full up of amazing facial expressions for the week.

well poo poo, now I want Hangman as a judge on any of the drag race shows.

...he’d be allowed to have his whiskey on the judging panel, right?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

she had every right to be plucked af; she outperformed everyone has losing a Michelle impersonation challenge to someone who didn’t even pad?!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m watching AS1 and the producers were CRUEL. Episode one was the most bullshit thing they could’ve thrown at anyone.

I also cried at the Raven/Jujubee lip sync. Heart-rending and I’m so glad they both stayed.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ilona’s little photo set here is stunning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD2iMfppK45/?igshid=t2g3rvtkljyq

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chi Chi's story is an incredible one, and the success she's had is truly heartwarming.

Wildly talented, and for some reason one of my favorite Chi Chi moments is when RuPaul told her she won a trip to New England.
the excited way she said "I get to go overseas?" and Ru's reaction to it will be gold forever.

Ugh, gently caress. Awful.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I saw on reddit (yes shut up) that Rainbow Railroad intended to use the story of refugees being on CDR for publicity purposes, which... explains some of the placement issues.

Could you please expand on that a bit?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

Can you imagine Kim Chi having gotten those notes? It would have been SO good for her.

It’s rad that Michelle Visage was a judge on S2 of Glow Up but I wish they’d have brought in another drag queen.

Aquaria or Miss Fame would’ve been incredible, Fame especially for the “masterclass” episode.

Or these two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1AdGVHUHx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQhe1TDn7VI

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

First glimpse of the Holland Queens: https://youtu.be/OskqDGAUl8g

Chelsea Boy oh my goooood

This is gonna be incredible!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ilona's look was lovely, and the message along with it is absolutely worth looking into.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEke1mEJCRn/

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

luminalflux posted:

how do you have an ex-drag mother

there coulda been a massive emotional falling-out and the drag mother is no longer in her life, perhaps? it sounds like Ilona has gone through a massive amount of life changes recently, and sometimes it's necessary to cut people out of your life during those changes if the person has been an unhealthy influence.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

I highly - HIGHLY doubt that.

Jan turns it out all the time and is polished as gently caress.

she got totally hosed by the judging regularly; she'll do great.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Going 13 minutes over her time in the comedy challenge should’ve eliminated her on the loving spot.

shocked Michelle didn’t walk to the side of the stage and do the classic cartoon “grab them by the neck with a cane and yank ‘em off the stage”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m catching up on the Vegas show and my god, just fire Derrick into the sun.
Nebraska, too.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

thankfully the Nebraska dogshit ends in episode 2 but Derrick's... doesn't.

I dunno, it's been a decent way to kill a couple hours in lockdown and a welcome break from my absentminded Jersey Shore marathon.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dragula is having a Halloween special streaming on Shudder that looks pretty rad-

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34217608/dragula-halloween-special-queens-shudder-boulet-brothers/

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Watched the Dragula special; it was done very well and felt almost like more of a documentary than a competition.

Seeing the growth of the performers and the process behind their art was great, and filming the individuals in their local element with a small traveling crew was a delight. The imagination they were able to put behind everything when they had all of their personal resources at their disposal rather than bringing stuff to a competition was a lot of fun.

The way the winner was revealed was lovely, and I teared up a bit. Very excited for season 4, whenever that may be.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Did you watch after the credits?

And I loved loved LOVED everything the winner showed off. They were amazing.

just went back and holy poo poo, I hope that means what I think it means 🤩

and by that, I mean an eventual all-stars season! Victoria wasn’t shown as “resurrected” but her “death” was very low-key in comparison to the others so who knows. But if she’s back for season 4 rather than an AS setup I’ll be absolutely delighted either way

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 27, 2020

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Did they end up shooting new seasons of regular US drag race and all stars this year? Normally I'd assume no since they film in the summer, but World of Wonder has been notorious for not really caring for the health and safety of the queens.

honestly wouldn’t be difficult to do the show safely since they’re only on set and at their hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

There were far too many acting challenges for a group of queens where acting was not one of their strong points. Plus, as much as I love Ginger Minj today, she was part of that toxic older queens alliance that brought too much negativity to the season. And Ru was reaching to drag Kennedy's lifeless corpse to the finish line.

In the wise words of Fred, "HEP HEP HEP!"

she was only like 29, so that made it extra absurd.