Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So who else thinks shotguns and Striker's will be as hilariously powerful as it was in Div1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Capn Beeb posted:

Here's hoping. Here's also hoping the devs don't cave to PvP pissbabies and make it a joke after a while.

I'm sure damage wise it won't be too bad. Div1 let you get 100 stacks of 1% weapon damage per stack, but it's additive with all other sources of weapon damage. In Div2, you can only get up to 50% weapon damage, but this time it's multiplicative just going off of the wording on the set description and what they've said about other sets going into WONY. Whether the Div2 version is better or even comparable I think we won't know until we start playing around with it.

Also as far as I know the Striker's nerf in Div1 only ever affected PVP areas; it's still as effective as ever in any purely PVE gameplay.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They've said Classifieds are still a possibility and they haven't ruled it out, but that was Thylander saying poo poo on Twitter so make of it what you will.

Mailer posted:

If there aren't more ridiculous cosmetics (I still don't have the hawaiian shirt) then that's a massive lost opportunity. I want Elton John sunglasses and clown shoes.

If they want to start making money off of their business model, expect more tacticool clothing options like the winter apparel set. People loving love those.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

nerdz posted:

there's quite a bit of stuff but we were discussing that most improvements (while great) were not enough to really get players back in. If you play it now you'll be back to a much better game than on release. The expansion though, is going to be the gamechanger here.

I really wonder where the turning point was from them continuously tinkering around the edges to just going "gently caress it it's not really working." A lot of the flaws have been apparent to us as players since the honeymoon period ended around April, but I like to think it's around the time of the target loot update and the first round of major gear changes.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Uplay is weird like that with DLC. IIRC for other games like Assassin's Creed you have to buy the DLC through the same storefront where you originally bought the base game as well.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Frustrated posted:

I haven't played since late last march. Is technician bad or am I just bad? The gimmick of keeping a skill out permanently is cool, but going skill power seems to have neutered me entirely. I guess +94% damage to the drone isn't enough for world tier 5?

Which drone? The striker drone (one that shoots bullets) has a separate damage mod that scales up to like 600%.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Strong "The Survival helicopter is actually invisible and my agent is flying back to their home planet the BOO" vibes from that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Patch notes are up here. Some interesting reading while the game updates on my snail paced internet connection.

Highlights:
- Armor kits reduced from 6 to 4. No word if they drop more frequently, but if the talent list in the notes is complete, every armor kit based talent except Unbreakable is gone and so are more healing/repair based one. Clutch has been reworked to just boost armor; no more Patience, Efficient or Entrenched in any form.
- Along similar lines, Berserk no longer exists. Good because it clashed hard with existing armor/health systems.
- Thieves' Den is gone. I was wondering how they would fix that when they were removing Grey Rogue; turns out that whole system is gone completely.
- Deconstructing contaminated items gives you contaminated resources, which I guess is what they meant by forcing extractions even for currency.
- The item progression gets somewhat reset when you start WONY; it gets downgraded to blue item rarity and only goes back to high ends when you hit the level cap. Exotics currently capped at GS515 but may change in the future.
- Reduced Signature Weapon damage to named enemies. RIP M32; RIP Tac-50 speedrun strats.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

JockstrapManthrust posted:

Well, it was up, but then the servers crashed and I can't back in to continue laughing at how oversimplified the gear + mods are now.

Its now at the level of "put make better thing on tough tough gloves for make shooty better".

Counterpoint: the old loot system was bad and nearly inscrutable; no longer needing to alt-tab and cross reference with multiple spreadsheets and formulas is a net positive. Also the whole stat budget system and needing to hope for all other rolls on a piece to be bad in order for the stat you wanted to be good, needing to double up on items just for recalibration, etc. It was terrible and anyone who defends it is dumb.

LackinPants! posted:

Out of all the changes they've made so far, the DZ alterations still remain to me the most questionable. Like decreasing the importance of NPCS and essentially forcing a player encounter every extract.

I still think the venial sin versus mortal sin push-pull of the DZs with the gray status was an interesting idea, along with playing what's essentially a third person stealth game against humans if you were just trying to check into the vendor or steal the occasional box.

Considering how much they dropped the ball thematically in this game, I think they could have leaned into showing what a jerk you are when stealing supply crates by including open world trinkets like the teddy bears and such.

A trailer indicated bonuses for "helping players" as well as everyone just shooting each other, so I'll be curious how they'll walk the line. If everyone just kills each other all the time, they're not even doing a good job cloning Kane and Lynch 2's multiplayer.

I'm not someone who thinks the mechanics of Div1 deserve the rose tinted glasses many give it, but I'm still curious the need to force changes here when the original never considered it. If anything, they continued making exploring the DZ space more and more rewarding and fruitful with time in the prior game.

I get this sinking feeling some of their whiniest critics will still complain when they find a lack of people to farm since loot's essentially flat across the board now. I don't mind being a juicy target since I'm bad at murder (maybe the new system will change that), but kinda bummed they took away the gray rouge style I got used to playing with.

Admitted this is all moot anyways when it appears their focus remains on co-op expansions and landmasses, which is still good stuff despite the year one missions being fairly tepid.

TBH in my experience it was about 50-50 whether or not someone cared if you were grey rogue and whether they opened fire. The biggest failing is still making all the dark zones so small that seeing other players is inevitable; the other day I was playing Div1 and was able to sneak past a full party of level 5 manhunt rogues because gosh the zones are actually big enough for me to do that. I'm predicting we'll be in a similar situation as last summer during the major content drought and the gankers will just be fighting amongst themselves.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah the vendors actually have some decent items. I can keep using an appropriately levelled Zero F's from the clan vendor, and the vendor items will update in rarity faster than the world drops and crafting table.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hive resets from zero charges if you remote-cancel it but you can get save your leftover charges by going up to it and physically picking it up (same button as cancel or deploy, but a prompt comes up if you're close enough.)

I'd loving love if you could get charges back from remote-canceling, especially now that being out of cover for a tenth of a second is a death sentence, but it's been that way for ages.

The other skills that let you wait half as long for a cooldown if you remote canceled the skill seem to not be working, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

They let you keep half charges from a remote cancellation from TU6 (October-ish, the Pentagon missions update) until the release of Warlords. It was nice; not having it any more sucks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

All that is new.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shumagorath posted:

Are shotguns... good now? I have one as a backup to my LMG with no specialization bonuses and they all take big chunks out of elites, though granted I'm on Story difficulty right now.

I would say they're actually worse now than they were in TU7. At least pre-WONY the pump actions and double barrels would hit like a truck with the proper talent setup and a ton of red mods.

Now we're back to shotguns not really being viable past hard difficulty, and definitely not useful in a group, which is a loving shame.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The TTK problem is twofold, really. To do an appreciable damage as a DPS build, you basically need to focus entirely on red cores and stack headshot, crit chance and crit damage. We've come entirely full circle back to the launch meta. Of course, with enemy damage also tuned up, it basically means you're made of paper and 1 or 2 stray hits is enough to put you down.

Then there's also group scaling, which is wildly out of tune. With a tank using bulwark shield and 3 DPS focused players, 4 player challenging is still kind of a slog but doable. 4 player Heroic becomes loving obnoxiously silly when you're just emptying belt after belt from an LMG into an yellow bar foot soldier while they walk up to you with their sideways held SMG and loving blast you in 1 hit.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Locator posted:

Other than TTK, the thing that is bugging me is how relatively useless armor seems to be. With 1.1 million armor I can still get hammered down into my health from a single hit by far too many different types of 'yellow guy' attacks. Staying in cover is pointless when a bullet-sponge yellow guy with a hammer will just charge through whatever volume of fire I can put down and pop through a million armor in a single hit. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem to matter much whether I have 750k armor or 1.1m armor, it's pretty much exactly the same feeling.

The armor does feel better against red guys, where I can pretty much stand in the open and shoot a group of 3 or 4 random reds, but any sort of mission or point of interest fight it's basically paper.

I did manage to take down a CP3 solo (on normal difficulty) today, but right when I thought it was over an elite patrol showed up, right at the same time as a pair of rogue agents... I have no idea what the rogue agents did, but they splatted me dead while still at long rifle-shot range while I was barely able to get one of them to 50% armor. Since I'd finished the CP I was able to respawn in the same spot and finish off the Elite patrol, but the agents just 'got lost' so even though I got a 'rogue agent deceased' audio after respawning, I didn't get any loot since I didn't actually kill one of them.

One thing that people keep missing is that control points levelling up (and missions, if you set the difficulty higher) can override your world difficulty. So your CP3 was still challenging difficulty even though all the world events were normal. The opposite does not appear to be the case (you can't lower a mission difficulty below your world difficulty, and any lower diff activities appear to be brought up).

You're right about armour being functionally useless though. People are tanking with full armor builds with shields, not just armor alone. Enemy damage seems to scale very aggressively such that even max armor is pointless, and this has always been an issue. Back in the pre-WONY days, armour stacking was useful in the DZ because you'd need it to be able to compete with all the gankers also using high armour builds. All that extra armour wasn't useful at all in any PVE because it was still shot to pieces in seconds.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hakarne posted:

The enemies just walking up casually while eating a face full of bullets is what pushes it from annoying to pure bullshit. It's almost like the game is taunting you and it destroys any sense of realism (MY IMMERSION) when enemies just straight-up don't care about being shot in the face

We've come full circle back to launch era problems.

Feel like this encapsulates a lot of my gripes with the current state of the game:

https://gfycat.com/dimpledincrediblebird

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 9, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Arthil posted:

God drat, I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it'd be better here than on reddit but... nope!

For all the people complaining about enemies being sponges, or getting absolutely hosed. You're not ready for Challenging, and definitely not Heroic. Every little percentage difference is actually a massive boost to your character.

At the moment I'm not even running a build. It's just a combination of skill/defense/damage. I'm using the Technician purely cause I'm leveling it up. One of the big things which have boosted my effectiveness is the max roll for damage on my gloves, having a pair of named knee-pads which give a maxed roll for out of cover damage. Along with an extra damage for status effected enemies backpack, and a Pointman chest(makes the shield invulnerable for 5 seconds when pulled out with a 20 seconds cooldown, also a big buff to ally armor). An AR with a strong damage roll, and the talent which boosts the damage for every 10% of the mag gone. A Stoner LMG with decent rolls that I slapped Steady Handed onto, so that I'll basically never run out of ammo on tough enemies.

All of this while using the cluster seekers and a crusader shield, with 4 skill (3+1 from Technician) and 6 skill for my shield due to my skill and defense comboing. I don't really have a "build" it's all just mashed together, but the couple of Challenging Bounties I've been pointed to I have handled. Not easily no, but I handled them.

This is coming from someone that came back and pushed to WT5 prior to the expansion launching. Where everything felt so easy, I barely needed to pay attention to the difficulty. People got so used to that, that now they're freaking out when they can't jump from Story to Challenging right away.

Yeah, this. I'm also wanting to get a Hardwired build going. There's been so many different ideas I've seen people effectively pull off in videos. One guy made a build where you actually use the Demolitionist mortar turret while wielding a full shield. Drawing enemy fire while just destroying everything with mortar shots. And for the people that would like to just shoot things, other guys have made videos about focusing everything 100% on damage while using Glass Cannon and relying entirely on good gameplay to stay alive. It sounded like the dude in the video was happy to be using cover in the cover shooter again.

I wasn't jumping directly into Challenging on day 1, I spent time grinding on Hard and in the DZ before moving up in difficulty. After a week I already have max damage rolls on every piece except the backpack, which only has 8% because I needed to recalibrate the talent. I'm already at 53% crit chance and my 50ish crit damage is made up for with Strained on my main gun, which adds another 50% crit damage after firing for a few seconds. I already have 108% LMG damage (83% from red cores, 15% from spec and 10% from a Petrov piece) and it seems silly to me to be expected to have the other 7% from a maxed out backpack and potentially 10% more from who knows how many SHD levels for enemies to not feel spongy.

I've played almost non-stop since launch and only put the game down once they made it clear a gear reset is coming so I already know all about how to trick the AI and flank them but it's not exactly an option in every case, especially when basic red bar grunts can still double tap you. Let me give an example: there's a small room in District Union Arena with 2 EMP nodes and a door at the back that spawns multiple waves. I can't flush them out with skills because of the EMP (nevermind that even with 100% disrupt resistance, most skills still immediately die to EMP after being deployed). My signature weapon is can't do the job because enemy health quickly outpaces the damage it can do. There is no way to flank around because it's literally just a small room with some barriers and two EMP nodes behind them and the spawn door in the back. What I ended up doing was slowly funnelling every enemy through the doorway that led to the previous room and play peek-a-boo with them and try to burst them down fast enough before they ran back to the enemy healing station, until eventually all that was left was the support station healer and a grenade shooting warhound, which thankfully could not do anything because of the low ceiling in the room.

Morter posted:

So unlike the experts above, I got my rear end handed to me on a normal bounty (on Global Hard) because the medics and the several lieutenants/health boosters congregated in one area that I myself couldn't penetrate: they all bundled into the same area with enemies out flanking me so I couldn't easily do a frontal assault. At one point, they even revived the bounty target, who I had obviously already killed. This ended up in a weird thing where I died, revived, and then got a "failed" sound while getting a Bounty Completed pop up (at the end of the video).

I think they're gonna have to fix that--likely by making the bounty target un-revivable or something?

And for the record, the bounty IS marked as complete. I did get specialization points for it too, just no beating-the-mission loot rewards.

I'm 99% sure the game will bring up the difficulty for activities if they spawn lower than your global difficulty. After all, you can't select a mission on normal or hard if your global difficulty is set to challenging. The only exception seems to be story difficulty.

Any elite medics or support station guys are a total pain now; worse when they're named enemies. I had a CP4 take 45 minutes because the last named enemy was a medic and I'd already run out of ammo for multiple weapons by the time they arrived and then started reviving everybody.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Even post nerf, DZ drops are really good. I got better assault rifles in the DZ than I did in the LZ for half the time. You also gain a level basically every time you extract so you'll be swimming in SHD points if you can get a 4 man group to DZ with. Couple that with how DZ NPCs die in a fraction of the time that LZ NPCs do, even if they have the same difficulty, it's a joke. I ran the DZ yesterday with 2 people with highly unoptimized builds who were freshly level 40 with no issues. If we tried to do any missions it would have been a shitshow even with the other 2 of us having SHD levels in the 30s and 40s and much better gear.

Also the developers have been super cagey about the control points not being able to be reset. They advertised the hell out of being able to manually reset them with the global difficulty options, but we can't do that, and the AI no longer recaptures them on their own, so what was once one of the most lucrative ways to gain gear in PVE is just taken away.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 9, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can directly inspect people's builds so there's no real reason to just go "Oh they have a high GS/SHD level/whatever they must know what they are doing."

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Few things I've picked up from farming a lot of challenging tonight.

1) Get in a group. Clan, open matchmaking, whatever. It's incredibly important. Solo isn't in the right place right now but even 2-3 people can easily roll through challenging.

2) CC builds are real and they are strong. skill duration and foam launcher + blinder firefly pretty much means no enemy gets to do a drat thing, named included.

3) striker with a steady handed LMG (the Stoner is very well suited to this) is disturbingly powerful, especially combined with a CC buddy. You never reload, don't really take damage, and are constantly firing 100 stack bullets. Bring a Petrov and Grupo piece as your 5th/6th for LMG and CHC. And honestly with this setup missing isn't that important so you can drop the striker piece which reduces the penalty from 3 to 2, giving you 3pc striker + 3pc high ends. Lots of flexibility there.

4) tanks and healers aren't as important as cc/damage, imo, but they're not the wrong choice by any means. A good true patriot tank build is insane. Did a challenging zoo with a pubbie using that and he saved our run more than once.

5) that decoy saves runs. I have tier 1 skillpower and I have a heal drone and the decoy grenade and it's incredible. I can sustain a lot of fire with my drone healing me constantly and the decoy groups up enemies so they can get drowned in sticky foam.

before WONY division 2 had two builds: eagle bearer/some other AR crit dps, and hardwired skill dps builds. This is in contrast to Division 1 which had like half a dozen. Post WONY, Division 2 has at least a few high-end and two gearset setups and we're still discovering new combinations. So how does that specialization conflict with variety when it seems to be working?

Grupo is CHD, do you mean Ceska? Ceska is CHC; I have that as my gloves piece until I have better Contractor's gloves. Also I miss having the Aces team buff build, but admittedly everything was easy enough that it only saw real use in the raid.

Also going to throw it in here, named pieces are really strong at the moment because they get bonuses attributes you otherwise can't get right. Contractor's gloves (Petrov) always come with 11% Damage to Armor; very useful currently when 90% of an enemy's health pool is armor. Fox's Prayer kneepads (Overlord) is 15% damage to targets out of cover, multiplicative to your gun damage and also useful with the current tanking behaviour enemies have. If you plan to play your team's tank I'd suggest looking into getting a Claw's Out holster (Wyvern), which has 20% pistol damage and 200% melee damage; only caveat is that it's a DZ only drop.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

With max attribute armor regen rolls on all pieces (4925×6) that comes out to around 4% constantly active armor regen for a DPS build that will be running around with the bare minimum of armor (660k).

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kibayasu posted:

What armor mods are you seeing that give you armor regen? I’ve seen plenty of resistance mods, incoming repairs, armor on kill, and health on kill but never armor regen.

It's not on any mods, it only shows up as minor attribute rolls on gear.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Level 40 raid, if you're wondering what it looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANg8KSj04jQ

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kibayasu posted:

All in all, doesn’t seem too different. Obviously still need to be geared up like the level 30 version but not to the levels most of these guys are.

Honestly, for all of my gripes with the update, it's pretty loving cool to see roles playing a huge part in the raid now, and even just in grouped content in general.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm sure the rewards for doing it are extremely not worth it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

How many Bounties am I gonna have to do before I get credit for the seasonal Manhunt, jesus christ.

On the bright side: Gosh the grenade launcher sure does not give a gently caress about Hard Bounties, even with lovely gear

Are you doing the specific one tied to the Manhunt? It's a different coloured icon.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Osmosis posted:

I'm really enjoying the Negev, although I never got to play around with one before the nerf. High rate of fire and a big magazine makes me happy. Not sure what talent to put on it for a my general red/crit build. Steady handed seems worse than fast hands, which makes the reload time usually around .01 second or something, it's kind of crazy. But unhinged is tempting too. I guess unhinged is better for burst DPS and something that reduces the reload better for sustain? I feel like the damage is tuned up high enough that even with the extra weapon damage from unhinged I won't be able to bust down enemies, so maybe fast hands?

Also, what do people with no skill tiers run as their skills? It's been a second since I wasn't some flavor of a skill user. I've been going with boring-old-revive hive and the healer drone, which rules - I think the drones in general have been buffed. It's not enough to save you if you tried to tank but it's still saved my rear end, almost never gets shot down, and has a crazy low cool down. Not sure what I might switch the revive hive for - maybe the decoy? Or maybe I should just keep it, I mean I do die all the goddamn time since the expansion.

Unhinged is really bad now. The penalty for it used to be weapon handling, which is a stat that fractionally affects accuracy, reload speed, stability etc. Now that it directly reduces accuracy and stability you're taking way bigger stat hits for lower gains because the damage boost was also reduced. IMO the best LMG talents right now boil down to Fast Hands, Steady Handed, Strained or Optimist. Steady Handed works best with the Stoner because you get a lot more chances to proc, or if you're using the Gunner exclusive +50 ammo pouch.

As for 0 tier skills, good ones are Oxidizer, Decoy or Blinderfly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Osmosis posted:

Perfect Franzy is the named LMG, right? Sleipnir or something? I was thinking of messing around with that because with the extra fifty rounds from the gunner magazine it seemed really strong, but I'm really enjoying basically never needing to reload with fast hands. Seems again like Frenzy is way better for burst DPS (after reloading on empty) and fast hands maybe better for sustain?

I got a perfect fast hands LMG, a named m60 called "Good Times" and I'm like "why does this exist?" It's 8% per crit reload speed instead of 4%. I guess it's for non-crit builds? But who relies on gun damage without crits?

The main issue with Frenzy IMO is that it requires a reload from empty and the bonus is based on how large the magazine size is, combined with having the bonus only last for a few seconds. If there was an easier way to control when you get the bonus I'd use it. At launch, Frenzy was a really good talent to use with the small mag LMGs because they had reload times akin to ARs and the bonus was not mag size dependent.

Perfect Fast Hands on an M60 feels like a total waste; I prefer going for Strained on the slower LMGs to get the big chunky damage numbers and then mod for reload speed.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Seditiar posted:

Somehow I missed the memo (and afaik, Massive did a poor job at communicating it) that you need to delete your level 30 exotics in order to get level 40 ones to drop.

Would've been nice to know before I did 4 hours of Dark Zone for Pestilence. :v:

You don't. You only need to delete crafted level 30s to get the crafting parts to drop. Otherwise it has no bearing on drop chance; you just had poo poo luck.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Morter posted:

Is there a reason I should keep any level 30 that's in my stash?

They've teased that upgrade blueprints for level 40 may come in the future.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hulk Krogan posted:

Does the Damage to Armor stat apply when you're shooting armor plates, like on a minigun or hammer chungus, or only to the armor pips on yellow and purple enemies' health bars?

Applies to all instances of armor. e: Wrong about DTA applying to skills I guess.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'll have to look my talents over but I don't know that any were active as I had been out of combat for some time by that point. Just really weird damage readings off and on even when in areas where you can't draw your weapon like safe houses.

Are you using the talent Companion? It gives a bonus to damage while being near any allies or friendly skills, and it always procs when you're inside a safezone since all the vendors and poo poo are technically allies.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 15, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

smellmycheese posted:

What are people’s thoughts on Protection from Elites as a stat? Worth it?

I really like it as a solo player. A single PFE mod helps me so much. You're obviously giving up damage potential if you are DPS build, but mine is already sub-optimal because I rolled armor regen in a few places and have some skill minors I haven't been able to replace but it definitely gives you some leeway.

If you're gonna be in PVP then it's kind of worthless.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

e: ^ You'd get more out of that build running an LMG. You're already using Petrov gloves. MG5 or Negev (or Bullet King if you got one) are the current meta choices.

Really feeling the increased roll quality for higher difficulty. :suicide:

Challenging:

Heroic:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LMGs are back to being the best sustained DPS now that we're back to launch era enemies. Obviously better in a group when the AI isn't all laser focused on you but they are still good options; keeps the enemies suppressed and not shooting you as well.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can literally use both. There are two gun slots.

For solo Heroic I have a Bakers Dozen and like 3 different LMGs I rotate through depending on the situation.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They gotta nerf NPC shotguns, or buff player shotguns.

They loving suck to get shot with, but seem to do next to nothing on challenge and up.

I would love to be able to one shot armor with my shotguns in the same way the AI does it to me.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sipher posted:

Was grinding towards the level 57 season Bakers Dozen, when this guy popped out of a random season gear cache.

Why, when you select the health damage to recalibrate, does it show the crit damage? It terrifies me into thinking I'm replacing the crit damage roll

It's a UI bug

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yes that's why it's just a UI bug. Recalibration works fine it only show the wrong stat.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can hit 60 before any of the gear talent bonuses kick in. It takes some doing but it's possible; you basically need a combination of 2 piece Providence and 1 piece Ceska plus a lot of mod slots and minor attribute rolls for crit chance.

60 is a hard cap and talents won't push above that, but you can sit below it and use talents to reach the 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Depends on the gun you're using and your play style. For something like a rifle or marksman rifle I don't find stacking crit chance that useful. You'll get big meaty numbers when you do crit, but with low fire caps and/or high recoil you won't be shooting super fast anyway. With any kind of automatic (AR, SMG, LMG) you want to get as close as you can to 60 because through sheer volume of fire you'll be critting often. Like if you're using Coyote's mask, 50 crit chance with an automatic weapon is good enough and the rest comes from the mask talent.