Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

One lingering question I've had - what's the deal with that third settlement near the middle of the map? The Castle or something like that? It's been greyed out for me the whole time.. I assumed something might happen once I "beat" the game, but now that I'm into the post-game missions that doesn't seem to be the case.

It was blown up with super virus chemical weapons to kill everyone in there by the true sons, not the best place to resettle. It's just to show the tragedy of whatever the gently caress I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

I'm stoked for everything but the return of Classified Sets. Like any loot game sets just box you into one of a handful of builds unless there are other classes of items that prevent you from using them, and Division doesn't do that.

Classified sets are not coming back, hopefully. The current gear sets will have tradeoffs that you'll need to balance and pair with exotic and high end gear/talents. Gear sets will have one less random attribute compared to high ends as well.

that'll allow for a lot of different combinations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I basically got the base game on release, played to the end of the campaign and did a little bit of world tier stuff then quit because I was getting annoyed at a lot of issues like how skill mods required completely absurd amounts of skill power to use and how they made my good old friend Pulse a lot worse. I bet they never made Pulse better, but did they at least make it so that skill mods don't require fully absolutely maximum specializing into skill power?

Skill builds are much, much better now and when the expansion hits the skill system will be completely overhauled. No more SP requirement bullshit, all skill mods will have no requirements, skill will scale mostly with the new SP equivalent attribute.

They did make pulse sliiightly better but the technician specialization has a laser attachment that pulses all enemies you target with no limits at all. That alongside the spotter talent means 15-20% extra damage on pretty much anything you shoot.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 27, 2020

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Caidin posted:

I quit Division 2 slightly earlier then most because something about playing it was killing my wrist but whenever I looked it up it seemed like not much had been added from launch until now.

I miss anything big in the last year besides the dramatic return of a rude weener?

there's quite a bit of stuff but we were discussing that most improvements (while great) were not enough to really get players back in. If you play it now you'll be back to a much better game than on release. The expansion though, is going to be the gamechanger here.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Duke posted:

Oxidizer is nice for getting folks outta cover/suppressed. Firestarter feels clunky when you have to shoot the cloud to make it go off. Stinger hive change from a few shots of blast damage on long cooldown to fast cooldown charges that bleed made it shockingly more viable.

you can double tap the skill button to detonate firestarter immediately

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

Helping pals level I noticed my Negotiator's Dilemma set has stopped firing it's grenades when my armor breaks. Anyone else having this problem?

you probably changed out of the demo spec

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wait until the expansion is out and keep your best gear/skill mods, getting all gear pieces and skills slotted up will give you a leg up until you find better ones.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you can easily cheese those multikills by restarting grand washington hotel. There's a trio of red hyenas that always pop up from the same spot. go for normal difficulty and equip any chest with mad bomber and you're set.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gotta keep in mind that Gear sets will have one less attribute roll than regular pieces, so that's another thing that needs to be taken into consideration

and you can recalibrate core attributes so colors don't really matter

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

Oh? I’ve been assuming they were going to be fixed because otherwise what would be the point of only giving certain cores to certain brands/models.

they're not fixed, they're just not random. A brand will always roll one core color.

And to reinforce my point here, keep your GS500 gear mods and skill mods:

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1233478877734936577

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

I think I'll just trash even my BTSU build and just slap together a high red/blue build with AR/SMG for the first few levels so it gets easier to just shoot stuff with whatever drop instead or trying to get skills working before level 40.

I'll vendor/destroy everything but exotics and start as clean as possible.

It'll be absurdly easy to keep max skill tier on 31-40 (core attributes are set per brand) so that's what I'll do.

and once again: keep your best skill/gear mods

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZombyDog posted:

Friendship ended with BTSU/Hardwired, Aces and 8's is now my friend.

Equip SVD, look down scope, click heads, never stop clicking heads.
I am surprised I haven't come across many Ace & 8 users out in the wild.

You have tons of people playing aces in the wild, it's just that most of them don't care about going for the 4pc (which benefits teammates as well) outside of the raid

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can you explain how aces and eights and the svd build works? I feel like I’ve come a long way understanding things through using a btsu hard wired build but I can’t make much sense out of the aces set description or why it would work with svd. I’ll definitely give it a go though!

It's as the gear set description says, each marksman rifle hit flips a card, some hands like flushes and straights or whatever trigger several bonuses like boosted damage on the next 6 bullets, double capacity mag etc. You just keep on shooting to randomly trigger these buffs for you and the team as fast as possible. It works with the SVD because you want to flip the cards fast and it's the fastest MMR that doesn't suck like the Mk20.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 1, 2020

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is somewhat correct. They fixed challenging/heroic to actually be challenging and heroic. They're tuned to be taken on when your character has a considerable amount of perfect rolls on its gear and with a proper build in place.

https://twitter.com/Thylander/status/1234879646287704064?s=20

Trying to tackle challenging content with whatever you scrounged up in a day and a half is NOT the way to go.

The thing about challenging is that the factions matter more than the difficulty itself. When you bump up your difficulty, go back to the early DC missions with hyenas and you'll be mostly fine. They have less tricks up their sleeves than cleaners, rikers or black tusk.

We're already clearing hyena CP4s and I managed to solo GWH on challenging without too many issues.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Diephoon posted:

Please spoil it for me, I'm gonna do it tonight after work and I don't give a poo poo about spoilers, I just want to get through it ASAP.

I won't spoil it, but go with skill tier 6, crusader shield and oxidizer chem launcher. Crusader shield will protect you from most of the bullshit. Once you hit the final checkpoint, stack all chem launchers on the spawn point for an instant kill, or pretty close to it

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has anyone else noticed the damage on their weapons just randomly fluctuating in the items menu?

I just got an assault rifle drop that I thought was amazing because the damage was so high, looked at it when it dropped and it was one damage value - then when I went to equip it like 15 seconds later the damage was much lower. There seems to be no rhyme or reason numbers are just going up and down randomly.

Are you using talents that boost weapon damage like optimist on weapons and things like that? Some old UI bugs used to do that.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mrs. Dash posted:

So what's the secret to matchmaking in this game? I can't matchmake into any missions if I select any difficulty over story.

short answer: get on the discord

there's way too many missions at different level ranges to matchmake, especially if you're not at the endgame so you won't really get any chance of matchmaking during the campaign. At the endgame you'll have decent success at matchmaking for bounties, daily missions and weekly invaded missions.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
matchmaking is not working so please organize on the discor-

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

drat, got delta-03ed right as I was finishing up Roosevelt and now it's invaded and I gotta clear that poo poo, I just wanna do the manhunt thing :argh:

you can toggle missions to non invaded, though I don't know if you can do it before clearing the invasion first

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

I stupidly ground up my Chatterbox when clearing out sub 40 stuff and only just discovered I need it to boost the gun to lvl 40.

Do I need to go through finding all the parts again or can it possibly drop in the gameworld now?

you don't need chatterbox to boost it to 40, no GS500 exotics can be boosted to 40. You actually did the right thing as you needed to destroy yours so the pieces can drop again.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hulk Krogan posted:

So if you have two saved load-outs that use the same specialization but run different guns, do the loadouts remember which weapon damage perks you picked for each and change them when you switch? Or do you have to run to the BoO to respect those points every time you switch?

it only saves the specialization, not the points yeah.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
in division 2 they keep trying to correct an op mechanic while making it accidentally stronger several times in a row so I wouldn't worry. We actually suspect rifles are not excessively strong, it's just that the hit registration issues are severely reducing damage on full auto weapons at the moment.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

Build question, I have a skill build I'm quite enjoying but I was looking for thoughts on how I can make it better.

Preservation on both guns is for surviveability (unless there's a talent I missed that returns armor on skill kills?).

The setup is this, I toss my maxxed out poke-balls, they kill stuff. Pop maxed striker-drone, its off buzzing around killing stuff and the calculated talent ensures I get my seekers back quick. Hard-wire is for the bonuses and that initial HW insta-skill-return and damage boost. All my Utility mods are skill-haste.

Would I be better off with Hanna-U instead of HW? I was thinking of swapping the chest out for Door-Kickers-Knock (Perfect Spark). I was using Tartigrade for my main armor, may go back (would "Zero-F's" be better?), I was also using a Perfect-Spike rifle but it bounces all over the place and can't score consistent headshots.

The big problems I have is if I get caught in a bad place, my survivability isn't great and I have real problems with chain-gun heavies.

I want more survivability and more space Clancy-Mil-Tech wizard.

the game is in a bad place regarding soloability right now. Hybridizing for damage will probably just make you bad at both skills and gun damage. Like if you don't specialize you'll just end up in a worse spot and no build has all the tools to handle everything right now. I'm not an expert on hardwired but if you're using it you should make the most out of the built in cooldown refresh that comes with it. If you're not using it you're probably better off with a high end skill damage/skill haste build. Do not waste your talents on spark if you're not specced for gun damage.

One think you can do as a very slight hybridization is getting yourself one of the weapon bonus pieces like fenris so you get more out of your AR. Since you're running technician you'd still get tier 6.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Locator posted:

Grats on your tough knees.

I looked at the league thing in game, and as soon as I saw it was doing missions on challenging under x time I knew I wasn't going to get a single rank in this league unless it was by accident doing the burn or kill elite parts.

Hell, I have a hard time with hard content, let along challenging or giving me a time limit. Clearly this league thing isn't for a bad player like me, unlike the manhunt thing for Neptune, which I was able to do solo without any real problem.

do it anyway, you have two weeks to get it done. Like if you get to rank 30 this week it will reset and you will only need to get to rank 30 again next week. Killing/burning outcasts are 20 points alone, you can definitely scrounge 10 points out of the rest.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

myron cope posted:

All of my resource/materials are full and I have a bunch of caches that I don't want to open. Is there something I should focus on crafting? Just mods or something? I also only have like half of the blueprints (137/261 but also 0/4 (??) if I look in the crafting bench)

You should be recalibrating your stuff to improve your builds. Pretty much all crafting is sorta bad at the moment, but if you need a piece to close out a build, you can at least throw some materials down the drain for that.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

blackguy32 posted:

I feel like I am lost. How do most of yall gear up? I am at the endgame but I really don't know what I should be doing to gear up or start with a build. Do you just look up a build and then set out to get it?

I have hardly any exotic weapons and all the ones I do have are pretty underleveled.

You can ignore exotics for the most part.

To start a build you have to think about some things:

- what do you want to do? Weapon damage (like rifles and ARs)? Skill build? Tank?
- figure out which talent you want on your chest and backpack, depending on if you want weapon damage, survivability, skill damage etc
- figure out which brands you want for that. example get overlord for the 10% rifle bonus if you're using rifles, providence is a great weapon damage brand, then theres gila/golan for tanking, china/wyvern/etc for skills.
- figure out which minor attributes you need (for example crit chance/damage for weapon builds, skill damage/status effects/skill hast for skills) etc
- figure out which skills you want, even more important if you're a skill user becase you will want minor attributes that benefit the skills you're going to use.

As you can see it's pretty much all color coded. As long as you choose talents that benefit your playstyle, stacking more of the color you want will push you in the direction you want. Just don't neglect your talent and brand choices because they are important.

If you want to look up a build that's fine too.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

blackguy32 posted:

Hmm... I do most of my damage with assault rifles and rifles. My skills are mainly for healing and reviving mainly because I mostly play solo.

I guess I can jump back in and try tinkering around with what I find. How important are skill tiers to someone who really only uses them to self heal?

In your case a good thing to do would be focusing on rifles right now, as hammerstein said. There's something weird going on with ARs right now, damage wise and rifles are performing better. There's the classic M1A which is a rather solid rifle to use right now. You get one for free (called "baker's dozen") on the season rewards. This week you can also get a fox's prayer kneepad from the clan vendor and recalibrate skill damage to critical hit chance. That will boost your damage by quite a bit. After that, focus on getting gear with the brands you want, recalibrating critical chance/critical damage over attributes that you don't need and start thinking about some good talents to use.

You don't really need skill tiers but I'd heavily recommend running the technician specialization for the free skill tier. That will boost your healing by a decent amount with almost no investment on your part.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 21, 2020

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

We will make changes to allow players to change the Global Difficulty and reset all Control Points on the map, without affecting the Seasonal Manhunt. We are working on this right now and will provide you with updates on the progress."

This is what they actually promised in the days before the release and didn't deliver because it was probably a communication error. Hopefully we'll get it soon, there's nothing to do in NYC

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jusupov posted:

ah yes math. No other weapon seems to do that

Where can I find a never-ending supply of elite outcast?

You probably have a magazine size% modifier active like True Patriot or in your currently equipped weapon. They also affect magazine size mods.

EDIT: It's perfect lucky shot actually

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

We're at level 30 right now about to hit the strongholds, so we don't have much thought put into builds. Most of my gear has +1 skill tier and have been acting as a support with a heal drone and a hive for attacking. I think it might have been one of the bounties we got was way overtuned but in general, things are just bullet sponges. Even while playing solo I noticed this post-patch. Was really having a blast with the game before then, now it's still fun but I'm less enthusiastic about it.

Bounties usually have higher difficulties that are not tuned to an unoptimized build. Just rush the strongholds and once you're done with them start the NYC campaign

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GhostDog posted:

Hmm, gonna give that a try though I suspect that playstyle will feel too passive to me. I just want to be able to shoot things and not die within a quarter second if I'm out of cover. My build is fine on hard and I'd be happy to stay on hard a bit longer to improve my build, it's just that you don't get poo poo for drops on hard it seems so I feel kinda stuck.

Still, thanks.

If you want a skill build that plays actively, try a status effect build. 1 golan, 2 wyvern, 3 China. shock and awe for bp talent, several work on the chest. Max out status effects and pick your poison of skill damage or haste.

The idea is that status effects boosts both CC damage and duration which turns skills like firestarter and fire sticky into huge dps skills that one shots elites even on heroic.

You can mostly use firestarter and you still get tons of utility from skills like blinder Firefly to mess up tanks, etc.

I personally think that plain skill damage builds are insanely underpowered compared to status builds at the moment. If they fix hardwired and tune enemy hp they might become competitive again though.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Has anything been said regarding enemy AI's penchant for rushing/being over-aggressive, by the devs? Or is it currently just an issue of perception from players?

It's an old issue and usually has to do when enemy HP scaling is out of line. It happened many times before so maybe when they tune down enemy HP they'll be less rush prone. super annoying though

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZombyDog posted:

I have two builds that I primary for Solo Heroic and I have two different Skill builds that I use for Solo Challenging ( and depending on group composition I'll vacillate between the two skill builds and my True Patriot Build ).

1st. SharpShooter.
All Offensive Bakers Dozen Perfect Glass Cannon Vigilance build. It's the tits for everything Solo Heroic but played out, boring and if your Heroic 4 mans are all rocking the same build you're all going to eat poo poo and get wasted when multiple tanks rain on your parade. If this build gets nerfed I'll shed a tear for my League runs but that's about it.

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

3rd. Demolitionist.
Skill Build, all about the Clusters. So this build is basically about minimal cooldowns for the Cluster Seekers and uses the Sniper Turret to proc Skilled and Tech Support. 6 Skill tiers, everything is max Skill Damage followed by Skill Haste, 3 China Light, couple Hana-U and a Wyvern Gear. In Challenging solo the Turret will 1 shot Reds & Purples and two shot Tanks, named bosses are a bit trickier. Your gun doesn't really matter but I'm rolling a P416 with Spike. I tried The Surge but in this case the AR just feels better. Works just fine in groups, but Solo Heroic is just way too much of a pain in the arse. I have issues hitting Heroic AI with the Sniper Turret and they either roll away from or shoot my Clusters. I haven't tried this current build with Heroic group activities but I wager the health scaling would render it impotent.

4th. Firewall.
Skill Build, all about the Status effects yeah. 3 Piece Wyvern, 2 Piece Hana-U, 1 piece Golan that's been rerolled to Skill tier. Talents are Skilled and Creeping Death. I'm rocking Blinder Firefly with enough status effect duration that I can almost perma blind everyone and I'm using the Firestarter Chem Launcher to set things on fire. I tried using an AR with Ignited, Eyeless and Perpetuation but I'm more satisfied with my AR with Spike, lets face it, no matter the gun it's doing bugger all damage. Solo's Challenging ok, brings Crowd Control to Heroic Groups and faceplants Heroic Solo. A couple of major weaknesses become apparent when running Solo Heroic - Every NPC will dive out of your gas cloud before you can double tap it and you are impotent when it comes to dealing with deployed skills, turrets and loving doggos.

Skill builds are more interesting to me but I just can't make them work in solo Heroic. You're way to squishy, your damage is anemic and who the gently caress wants to give up a fun skill to replace it with a Revive Hive? Not Me. But while they suck at Solo Heroic they aren't a struggle in Challenging, the lower enemy health pool makes you a lot killier and you can take a few more hits before you need to heal up
consider EMP jammer against black tusk. I'm running jammer+firestarter and it can perma disrupt black tusk, killing all minitanks and warhounds before they even move and disabling all enemies. I run EMP for all encounters and switch to blinder Firefly when tanks pop up.

But yeah, compared to a tank build or full on m1a dps build, skills mostly struggle solo. If there was a way to quick switch skills mid combat it would be perfect, but right now you just can't have all the tools to handle everything.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah ARs used to rule over all other weapons, being a generalist weapon that was just plain better than all others at their own specific tasks. What's making them slightly underpowered right now is probably a bug. Once hit registration issues are fixed they'll probably rule again. Pretty safe bet here

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has this bug and/or hit registration issue been confirmed?

Yeah they acknowledged it. I've been saying this for a long time, but there has been no damage rebalance on weapons for this expansion. This means that all weapons should be around the same place they were pre expansion, i.e. ARs dominating and the M1A being a good, but not overpowered rifle. The fact that it's destroying enemies with a DPS build means that if ARs get fixed they'll be even stronger, so enemy TTK will plummet in all difficulties.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah strikers is probably related to the hit registration issues. the more people playing together the more the game drops hits so faster weapons lose dps. those dropped hits are considered misses for the striker talent, which messes things up.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Frustrated posted:

You know what doesn't bug out constantly or require all sorts of janky positioning? Just shooting a gun.

ARs would like to have a word with you

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Casnorf posted:

So yeah the more I read this thread (big mistake, I know), the more I think removing Weapon Damage % as a stat from the game entirely would help mitigate a lot of the problems you guys have in general. It's a bad stat and largely unnecessary. It'd smooth out the group scaling a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to account for ridiculous glass cannon (as opposed to Glass Cannon) all-red builds because they're boring and kind of a dumb trap anyway. Now, I'd leave in type % primary stats on weapons, because I like some variety, and I'd just change Weapon Damage % as a gear primary to I dunno Crit Damage or something and cap it at like 6. That'd allow for an all-red build but you'd have to necessarily account for needing a higher Crit Chance and create a tradeoff like the other two stats have. And alla ya'lls big numbers guys can still get ridiculous numbers popping out if you want. Then the enemy rebalance doesn't need to account as much for the far right of the bell curve and the filthy casuals like me can have more fun while keeping Challenging and Heroic still pretty hard!

Haha, this is just me musing idly on some dead forum because my eyes don't work well enough to read my tv and improve my Pistol Build so instead I make them worse by staring at a much closer screen.

I mean, our biggest complaint right now is that the game is forcing people to go all in on a stat to be even competitive in harder difficulties, while before the expansion you could be a hybrid player with a lot of tools at your disposal. Pretty much all builds have problems right now (DPS with hit registration issues, armor numbers being too low for enemy damage, skills not doing enough damage/failing constantly).

They basically balanced enemy HP around a full red build, balanced enemy damage around a full blue build and balanced enemy threat around a full CC build. So we ended up with enemies that hit too hard, take too long to kill and just run all over the place throwing skills nonstop. If they start tuning things down a bit then hybrid builds will be back again. Everyone is sorta annoyed that pubbies are now a liability due to group scaling, pretty much everyone is complaining about the game not being casual friendly anymore.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Casnorf posted:

You do realize you're agreeing with me, right? The knock-on consequences of removing Weapon Damage % entirely from the game mitigate most if not all of the other issues you're describing. I think it's the linchpin. It's not a balance issue. Balance isn't a good word for what's going on here anyway (my thoughts on how balance does not mean what people who play games think it means aside). It's that there's a "best" option, and the correct way to mitigate the problems created by having a best option is to remove that option. People, players, are generally pretty creative and adaptable, so I'm sure they'll latch on to the next thing, but that one might be more of tweak than a straight removal. I mean, if it were up to me, we'd see soon enough.

Yeah that was my point. You came here like you had a novel idea and everyone are tryhards who want big number when pretty much everyone here is a casual player and annoyed that the game now requires more coordination and building. Removing weapon damage is a bit too extreme, but reducing the delta from 0 DPS investment to max would be a good starting point. They could even keep that if other builds without damage investment could do enough weapon damage to matter. I've already managed to build semi hybrid tank/skill builds that have a single red core+offensive minors and talents who did 2-3x as much damage as build with zero weapon damage anything. I think tuning enemy HP down will do half of the work, hitreg fixes will fix 30% and a weapon damage/exotic rebalance could deal with the rest.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

I'd like to see the hitreg addressed before they start doing any more system changes like addressing hp/weapon stats. It's impossible for them or anyone to balance r/b/y when parts of it aren't even working reliably enough to know what even needs to be changed and what's just buggy.

for all we know fixing hitreg will bring AR/SMG back up to par without any other changes - or at least, without as big of a change as it "feels like" they need now. One step at a time, y'know?

yeah for sure, but HP has already been tuned down. let's hope they don't overcorrect like on skills last year. Tuned down enemies, boosted skills (only clusters actually) the gently caress up, THEN dropped BTSU gloves on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not to knock on your build which is pretty good, it's kinda annoying to me that pretty much all DPS builds are the exact same right now with the contractor's prayer combo bullshit. At least you're not using the M1a with vigilance+glass cannon. They really hosed up with these named item numbers and 90% of exotics being unfun trash.

unstoppable force falls off hard in groups, as any on kill talent tends to do.